do you ever feel ashamed

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by jazz4ever, Mar 18, 2008.

1. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

that you collect and maybe even play with a toy meant for 5+ year olds? i dont because i know that its what i like and what other people think dosent matter so do you?

2. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Just the other day I was blabbering about ebay to my boss, since she hadn't been on it before, and she asked me what I bought/sold on there so much. I said "toys", but then she wanted to know what kind of toys. She guessed dolls or something, lulz. I explained to her that I collect Transformers (in which I had to explain them to her.) I told her I was a dork, and then I felt all embarassed. Good times. I don't like telling people outside of my family that I collect them for some reason...

3. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Yeeeeeah...it really depends on the "who." I went to a nerdy college (Bard! Go dirty hippies!), and everyone there was cool with it. Now I go to a hipster-filled grad school, and I take shit for it.

And when it comes to the ladies, it's much the same. The nerdy girls I date are cool with it, the punk or hipster girlls, well, I hide 'em until we've been together a while.

Ironically, comics are now cool, because the hipsters all love "comix" now. And ironic t-shirts. It's all fun and games when they've got on a Voltron or a Thundercats T, but as soon as they realize my big honkin' Tracks t-shirt isn't ironic, yeah. No good.

But you know what? Fark 'em.

-LoserBroadside

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i wear groucho marx glasses/stache combo when i shop for toys.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Words to live by. I make no secret of the fact that I am a child of the 80's and love to collect loads of different robot toys / collectables. Though I fudge the toy aspect more into collectables more than I should.

6. Trilobite

Trilobite Active Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope. My faith and my geekiness are two things I'll never be ashamed of.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    When I first got back into collecting in '01 yeah I felt a little awkward going to stores to buy toys and say it was for my brother's birthday or something if the cashier asked if I was a collector, but now I really don't care. If you enjoy something like collecting toys, do it for yourself not for the approval of other people.

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm only ashamed when I see a collection that's better than mine! :D 

9. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Absolutely. I ain't gonna lie.

10. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

I'm not ashamed but I have moments where I go wait a sec... look at all these toys your buying. Your almost 28 years old!! Grow the f up!!!

Then I get over it. No one but my wife knows the extent of my toy buying. It shall stay that way.

ok im ashamed.

11. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Not much. Once I wnet to TRU and got 3/4 movei toys at once. The cashier lady asked if it was to going giftwrap. I said no and went on.

12. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

I have before, but I get over it.

One time my brother was helping me replace a phone line in my house.

The phone line ended up going right over my bedroom, which I hadn't counted on. Of course we had to go in my room to feed the line .I had all of the 250-300 transformers I own out, scattered everywhere from when I had been taking collection photos. He kind of just gave me a wierd look and said nothing to me. I still have not brought it back up. He knew I collected Transformers, but I'm sure he was thinking a couple dozen, not hundred. I was pretty embarrassed.

13. angeltread

angeltread TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    to answer your specific question... no. i'm not at all ashamed that they're 'toys'. i'm a kid at heart and always will be. that being said, i'm ashamed when i buy things out of self-indulgence and toys obviously fall under that category. i'm cutting down severely and most likely will sell off a good majority of my collection sooner than later. i'm a minimalist in many other ways... i'm starting to head in that direction with TFs as well.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  14. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

Not at all. I don't really hide any of my hobbies, and don't give a rat's ass who knows I collect. I get the usual ribs from the other soldiers over here over it, but I've lost count of the number of guys who came over to my CHU to try their hand at transforming Universe RID Prowl.

Tony

15. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

You know, I don't buy many of them anymore, but every once in a while, I'll pick one up without feeling ashamed. I wear all my Transformer shirts proudly at work and school everyone knows I'm a huge Transfan at both places. I even get compliments on my Megatron club shirt all the time.

16. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    QFT!

17. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

Kettering? I had a friend that lived near there that was a comics artist. Not sure where he lives now....

Tony

18. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Yes, yes I do.

19. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Sometimes I do feel disappointment in myself for buying toys when I'm so close to 30, but if it wasn't toys it'd be something else so you gotta buy what you like.

20. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You should take a pic next time.