Do you enjoy your collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by hthrun, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I hate my collection. And I hate Transformers too.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup. There are a lot of times where I just go into my room and stare at my collection for a while.

3. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    I love rearraging every thing for some bizzare reason.

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Yes things do sometimes get neglected if a lot comes out in a big lump. I usually try to readdress that during toy droughts.

I also have a period where I try to say OK this week I'm going to play with Animated toys or Star Wars Transformers, Powercore combiners or such and put the others to the side.

But some get constant love like HFTD Terradive. I've not really stopped playing with him for most of a year now - I love that guy.

5. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    While there are some figures that I really want that will probably never go into my collection. I'm still content with my small collection.

6. Irish Carnage

Irish Carnage Instrument of Destruction

News Credits:
    i love my collection. at the moment i'm reorganising the entire collection. i got some new shelves so im sorting everything out. im enjoying the rearrange more than anything because it's giving the opportunity to mess around with some neglected gems in the collection.

7. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    This is actually a really good point. As a newish fan I've collected a lot of toys in a short amount of time, and there are days where I sit down and take a look at some of them and marvel at how much I love them.

I would say that I enjoy my collection, but that I need to learn to appreciate it more often. For example, I bought DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee the day he hit the UK, but I only transformed him for the first time last week. I really shouldn't be ignoring previous toys like this and focusing on new acquisitions, but I kinda have an addiction to that instant gratification you get from impulse buying, and sometimes it takes over a little too much.

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I enjoy my collection. Nothing beats going into my room after a long day and see my TFs all over.

Like Transbot90210, I'm currently in the process of rethinking what TFs I'm collecting, that way I can better enjoy my collection and hopefully have a more structured collection.

9. AMG

AMG Old School

Yes I do. I enjoy looking over my collection daily.

10. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    love it, currently packing it for a move to a bigger place (also much bigger toy room lol) and transforming them all to alt mode is fun as heck

11. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    not as much as i use to, my heart just isnt in the hobby like it once was. think its time for me to jump ship. theres more important thing i SHOULD be spending my money on than a plastic toy that is just gonna wind up in a sotage tub three days after i buy it

12. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Definitely love my collection. Been a Prime collector primarily the first few years, but have been acquiring Classics to fill out the Season 1/2 cast the last few years. Also, last year, decided to start out on a SG Decepticon collection. So far so good :)  Thinking maybe I should start learning some toy photography techniques, get myself a lightbox and stuff. The Super-Cleah thread in the toy section is just awesome!

13. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not today

14. Shockblaster

Shockblaster Well-Known Member

Yes, I do enjoy my collection. Since I'm not really a completist (I want to be one, but can't afford to yet), I only get the figures that I really want. So every purchase that I have made keeps me satisfied.

15. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

I do. I'll spend good lengths of time in the manroom just gawking at what I've amassed over the years. Lately been enjoying sifting/purging stuff I bought on impulse or no longer have an interest in. It's actually fun deciding which box things will go in for sale/storage for kiddos. Someday I'd like to transform everything back to alt mode and leave it as this great car/jet/vehicle collection for awhile. I rearrange/fiddle often and like to make up arrangements such as a few tfs posed as modern day protectobots or a handful of tfs posed in a battle scene. Tell ya something else, when I quit smoking cold turkey a few years back, my collection served as one damn good diversion for my hands/time! Gotta love it! Got too much damn time, money, and space devoted to not!

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm actually in a position where I have been transitioning my display space for quite a while. The reason is the sheer size of my collection. I moved my G1 collection out of my parents' house into mine last year, and it's stayed packed. I recently had to pack up everything to transition yet again to try to gain some space. Now, I'm waiting to be able to get some display shelves (holding out for some detolf shelves).

The long story short is that I really enjoy my collection, but there are time periods (like right now) where I am not able to enjoy it as much.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It varies.

When times are good of a nice trickle of new stuff that is easy to find I love this hobby. Finding a new figure you were really wanting can sure brighten up even the crappiest of weeks.

When it feels like I'm ignored by Hasbro because there is only movie stuff and nothing for the Classics collectors it can be a bit rough. When it feels like Hasbro will never do the characters from the combiner teams or Dinobots it can be down right depressing. Ugh, and when figures get insanely hard to find because you have to drive to Ross to find the scalpers have picked over everything thing I just want to give up and find another hobby.

But when I feel ignored, depressed, or angry enough to just quit I look at my shelf and remember the good times which somehow gets me to the next good time to be a Classics collector.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Not really.

First Edition is seriousily stressing me out so badly. :banghead, If i don't continue collecting I might miss out on more.

19. butz

butz slippery when wet

Yes, although it helps that I've scaled it back a lot from what I used to go after. Too stressfull to feel like you gotta get everything, especially when you later question why you got half of it; and I was never even really a completionist, so I can only imagine that kind of insanity.

20. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Of course. And I'll enjoy it more when I find the many things I want. At the moment, I am enjoying the Cybertron portion of my collection, they're just so fun!