Do you enjoy your collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by hthrun, Jan 27, 2012.

1. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I ask this because I often see a lot of anger out there when there's a hard time finding new TF toys. People always want more, and I'm wondering if they aren't taking the time to enjoy the toys they already do have. I'm not planning to collect TF Prime toys, and I'm kind of looking forward to the down time to spend more time with the toys I already have in my collection...

2. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    My collection gives me insane amounts of satisfaction.
    Doing this for 30 odd years has taught me to be patient. I'm not a MISB or AFA collector, and eventually the figure will turn up if you keep your eyes open.
    As for the figures I have, the photo community on here has really made me appreciate the figures I have and to see them in a new light. (Not that you can tell from the quality of my photos!)
    Like you I'm taking a break here and there. Powercore combiners, DOTM and a few other lines have not been critical for my collection. Its nice to walk away and enjoy it as it is.

3. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do enjoy my collection, but I'd also enjoy it more if I could find the stuff I'm looking for :)  But no anger if I don't find the stuff I want though.

4. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Not the way KittyRose enjoyed hers.

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I really enjoy my collection. I am in the midst of rethinkign what I collect and I think a more structured collection will bring me even more joy.

6. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

When nothing is out I take some TFs off of my shelf and actually play with them. I really enjoy my old Energon toys, as they are just really playable toys. I also like some of the smaller movie toys that you can just pick up and play with without it being a big hassle.

7. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    yes i do. I play with many of my figures on regular basis. I also enjoy just basking in the greatness.

8. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don't think I would be in this Fandom collecting toys if I didn't enjoy it.

9. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I'm the same way. Before I've spent extra online for a toy to make sure I get it in case it didn't come out in stores, but now my collection's to the point where I'm willing to wait. If it doesn't come out, I'll wait for a repaint or something...

I went through that earlier, too. I was buying nearly everything from RID through Armada, but then when I looked back at my Armada toys I realized I didn't care for them. At that point I only collected MP and Alternators until the classics line started. Now I only collect movie toys...

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

I enjoy it immensely, in fact it's really the main way I enjoy the franchise. One of my favorite things to do is just randomly take a TF and try to transform it, looking at how complex the transformation process is and how people thought about it, or just to grab a random toy and play with it. It also has made me an idol in the eyes of at least one kid who comes over sometimes (son of one of my dad's work friends), as he has been quoted to want a collection as "Awesome" as mine, and was amazed at my ability to transform DOTM Nitro Bumblebee without needing the instructions.

11. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

I enjoy the collection, I enjoy the thrill of the hunt. I hate exclusives, and the long wait for product I collect when there is emphasis on product I would take money to own.

12. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

In this day and age we usually get multiple versions and such, and if you skipped something, or want it later, there is always the aftermarket. That is the joy of collecting! :D 

13. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Yes, I enjoy my collection very much. I'll enjoy it even more when we move out of our apartment and into a house where I can actually display everything. As it is now 90% of my collection is in storage. But I still grab a random TF quite often and fiddle around with it.

14. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes and now it's gotten to the size where I can pack some away to pull out in the future to reminisce over again. I collect g1 was new toys don't effect me. Shotty distribution, random production numbers and scalping prices pretty much killed any joy for me collecting new figures.

15. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

We don't call it "plastic crack" for no reason. "The hunt" itself can be a lot of fun when it isn't fruitless. The bitching you hear when nothing's available is called "withdrawal" ;) 

I really enjoy having what I've already got, too.

16. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Yeah I do. I love the amount of color and variety you can get from figures. The only thing that upsets me are the figures I bought and now I don't want them anymore or I bought a set which I basically only wanted for one figure.

But yeah I enjoy my collection. Just wish some things were easier to find around here.

17. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

Speaking of which, I just found two Universe Skyfalls at a thrift shop today. Minus weapons, but still.

Oh, and a Stormcloud and WM Powerglide as well. Tons of Bay shit, but I would have to create an antimatter universe to store my care-o-meter for me to care less about that shit.

18. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

I really do enjoy my collection, but it's fun to go to looking for new stuff to add. It is kind of nice when there's some downtown between releases though.... at least my wallet thanks me a little bit :lol 

19. siamese goat

siamese goat Hellstomper

90s sucked for collecting because I kept everything moc. Now I buy what I want and open it asap so my son and I can enjoy playing with the figures before retiring some to my shelves.

20. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Of course I enjoy my collection. If I didn't then I wouldn't have it.