Do You Disagree With The Decision To Kill Off Breakdown?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by BooyakaDragon, Jul 9, 2012.

1. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    I was wondering if you guys didn't agree with Breakdown's untimely doom?

2. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Yes.

He had so much potential, but it was wasted for a stupid MECH subplot and to give the wretch a kill she didn't deserve.

3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Yes. It was stupid to kill him off when there was so much going for him, especially when it was just for bodycount and to make the bitch who shall not be named look cool.

4. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    This thread is shit waiting to happen. Inbefore, I guess.

5. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Only when the Airachnid worshippers come in, all 'araknd iz a cillar!1 it wat seh du!!12!' and whatnot.

6. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    It's not my call to make.

7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Unpopular as it may sound I'm not really bothered by it. I do wish we'd have more of his backstory and maybe some hint of him changing sides but we may still get something like that in flashback or maybe if he's brought back as a clone to the original.

8. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    Idk, i cant say i do or if i dont. Lol the thread is gnna end a mess

9. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

I dunno. On the one hand, I can see where killing him off would leave some character threads unresolved (his "debt" to Starscream, his "history" with Bulkhead, etc).

On the other hand, he was a character who obviously must have left some impact on the audience for people to be posting about how upset they are with his death, and if you're gonna kill ANY kind of character off, it SHOULD be that kind...nobody would have given half the crap they did at the end of Star Trek II if it'd been Sulu or Chekov or Uhura who bit the big one instead of ol' Pointy-Ears.

That said, I can see where the fault in Breakdown's death would lie less in the fact that he was killed off and more in how arbitrarily and abruptly that death seemed to come about. It personally doesn't bother me all that much...this is the same show that had the gumption to kill Cliffjumper in the first episode, so I guess it's easier for me to let it pass.

10. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I could go in-depth, but this pretty much sums it up.

No, I doubt such a person exists. I'm talking about the people who are so self-assured they make wild assumptions about what the writers' intents are, and what happens when someone disagrees with their assumptions.

11. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes. A death was necessary to keep things interesting, but I disagree with the timing. It seems like his character had more to do. Such as exploring his background with Bulkhead.

12. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Yes. Breakdown was one of the best characters on the show.

13. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

Yeah, but there werent any other Decepticons they could kill off. Soundwave is too important, Knockout is the only medic, Starscream has his own thing going on and Dreadwing wasnt around. I wasnt too fussed when he died but I seem to be liking Breakdown more and more as time goes on. He was probably the most well adjusted Decepticon ever. His temper got him killed but if I was vivisectioned and had my eyeball removed while fully concious Id probably be pretty sensitive about it too.

I wish they had introduced Hardshell earlier and made it him, with Breakdown stalking Bulkhead and having the epic showdown on the volcano.

14. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Here's a thought. Don't kill any of them off!

15. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Except.....

There are two different reactions that comes into play here. The first is the reaction a successful storyteller will get out of their audience, which includes words or phrases like "Man, that was epic", "It made me cry", "I hated it, but it was so well done", or "It was satisfying, even though the character's gone".

^Spock falls here.

Then there's reaction number two: "What about the backstory they hinted at?", "No one even reacted or cared", "They didn't even mention it/the character again", "They just sacrificed one character for another", "It was pointless and unneeded", or "It felt like they killed him/her just to off someone".

^Breakdown falls here.

"What a fucking a waste!". That was my reaction when it happened. I wasn't really attached to the character, though I did think he had the potential to be interesting, and given that they bothered to give him a backstory, thought they would actually do something with it before/if they decided to axe him.

16. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    It doesnt bother me that he died. He will become part of project Chimira with Silas and him merging and becoming one. So I see it as a good plot to go. Very excited to see it.

17. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    It shouldn't had happen when it did. There were a lot of stuff that could been cover, like his history with Bulkhead or Starscream using how he got rescue from MECH against him.

It was almost like they went "Hey Bob, you remember those Breakdown plans? Why not go reverse and drop all those future events for the character and kill him off without warning. Sound good?"

18. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

I know I know, that would be my thought too. They obviously had some long term story planned and figured they had to use a named character to give it some impact.

Maybe the Silas thing will be awesome but it shouldnt have come at the expense of a guy with that much potential.

19. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    No. It's war, major characters are supposed to die.

20. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Here it comes.