Do you count AEC,U,M,A,P,As updated homages or just classics/generations.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by trypticonx, Mar 2, 2012.

1. trypticonx

trypticonx Member

Do you count AEC,U,M,A,P,As updated homages or just classics/generations.
    The following letters above are abbreviated for the following TF toy lines:
    Armada,Energon,Cybertron,Universe,Movie-verse,Animated,Prime.

Upgraded homage new TF molds,Do you count non-classics styled homages from AEC,Universe,movie verse,animated,Prime,etc...

Personally I think the non-classics TF toy lines make better homages.

Technically,the classics/generations/RTS TF toy lines are not set in the generation one continuity universe. classics/generations/RTS is basically a alternate universe based off G-1.

I actually think their are some better updated homages in the NON-classics toy lines. Examples: lets not forget that the two best planet formers toys came from AEC.

Despite the toys limited articulation,I actually think energon ultra & leader sized galvatron are better homages than classics 2.0 galvatron.

Titanium 6 inch toy line created a few awesome updated homages that beat the classics homages. titanium scourge,rodimus prime,G-1 ultra magnus are way closer in homages than their classics counterparts toys.

I also think the Energon voyager sized Dreadwing toy is a excellent updated homage mold for the 1986 G-1 Scourge character/toy. even though the toy isn't named Scourge.

the movie verse did a few decent homages that simply look better than the classics/generations/RTS toys. like ROTF Deluxe Dirge.
    a few of those deluxe & voyager sized constructicons toys from ROTF.

Even animated's toy line I feel created more closer updated homage new toys compared to classsics/generations/RTS. Examples: Delixe animated blurr & deluxe arcee are closer updated homages based off the 1986 movie/season designs compared to classics/generations/RTS.

I actually love Animated leader sized Megatron. because it's a updated homage based off the Takara TF 1991 battle stars/return of convoy Super Megatron art designs images.

The animated deluxe sized Swoop toy,I think is the best homage 1985 swoop toy design thus far.

Energon Ultra size Scorponk is a awesome updated homage based off the 1987 Scorponok toy designs. so is the Cybertron dark scorponok a awesome homage recolor based off the masterforce blackzark toy colors/designs.

I felt the ROTF Bludgeon & brawn were the closets updated homages the 1980's toys will ever receive.

Armada Scavenger is a cool homage based off the Generation 2 Auto-rollers gimmicks/designs.

I loved those Energon 5-in-1 combiners. they were awesome updated homages based off the scrable city 1980's TF combiners. the toys were the proper size & in tru scramble city style,the limbs were inter-changeable.

The takara/Hasbro Masterpiece TF toys,I consider the best & most accurate updated homages new molds thus far.

Alternators,I felt gave us a decent updated homages for 1985 tracks,hound,swindle & Prowl.

Beastmachines/Botcon Ultra sized Cyclonus toy mold,is a awesome updated homage based off the 1986 cyclonus toy.

I just think the updated homages are better in the non-classics/generations/RTS toy lines. because the toy budget money is higher. the toy sizes vary more & have more bigger sizes.

2. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    I generally have a strict definition of what I consider Classics. It has to be a direct version of an old character, updated to have modern engineering and modern alt modes. The best Classics figures I think is the Lambo mold. Really knocks it out of the ballpark on what Classics is and should be.

There are some exceptions...but that's just what they are. Energon Downshift, ROTF Bludgeon, HFTD Seaspray, those three for example I could consider Classics representations, although in the case of Wheeljack, there's the Generations one which is definitely better than Energon Downshift.

3. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

If it isn't in the proper "classics"-type release, they aren't classics. I am too OCD for that.

4. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hmm, updated homages. That sounds familiar.

5. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This whole thread seems familiar ... too familiar.

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    (tiger)Megatron, is that you?

7. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Chug! Chug! Chug!

8. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

The long thread title, the "updated homages," the overly wordy explanation proving why only one answer can be right despite posing a question to begin the topic.

I know what you are.

[​IMG]

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    familiar you are. when you said the movie toys were better than classics for being g1, i quit reading. spiderlike whip creature =/= bonecrusher, and gen. dirge is probably the most accurate that character will ever get

11. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Energon provided some good homages, a few that I still use today. Mainly out of the Decepticon offerings like Shockblast and Scorponok (my copy of which broke, sadly). Titanium had some interesting figures (Soundwave), but IMO really was inferior in most ways to Classics, and seemed to steal a lot of effort that would've been better used on Classics toys. Movie characters may have had vaguely similar "looks" to their predecessors and the occasional homage repaint but that was really it. A few toys from post-Movie spin-out lines are essentially Classics (Bludgeon, Seaspray, most RtS) IMO. Animated did seem to do a lot of homages in its own style, but many were already done or on the way in Classic style.

+-MWG-+