Do you consider Legends toys to be new versions of the character?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bass X0, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Now some people say that the Legends repaints (like Trypticon from C-Scourge from Classics) is just a cheap throwaway toy by Hasbro and has no bearing on the character themselves - i.e. Trypticon never gains a robot mode that looks like his Legends toy.

But I disagree. I say that even the smallest repaint is a new body for the character in question. And that it doesn't matter if the toy is tiny, the character themselves would still be full size in the fiction. Legends Trypticon in the fiction would be the same size as Cybertron Scourge is in the cartoon.

So what do you feel about these - cheap throwaway repaint or new body for the character?

2. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Legends toys don't usually come with accompanying literature describing the repaint, do they?

If they don't, I classify Legends as just a business decision to repaint a mold.

Maybe you should set up a poll for this?

3. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Just a function usually. But its always quite clear which character they're supposed to be from the name and color scheme. So Legends Trypticon to me would be identical in personality to the original Trypticon but would have a robot and three headed dragon mode instead.

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I consider 'em just as much as any other toy.

For example, you'll see alot of people whining that many rotf constructicons didn't get main-line toys, but I'll be completely fine with my legends.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yes, I consider most of them updates. Trypticon is a bit of a gray area since he's so tiny.