Do you consider Dino and Que as Mirage and Wheeljack?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tm11176, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Yeah, I consider Que to be the Wheeljack of the Bayverse thus far, and same with Dino for Mirage.

2. RyLegacy

RyLegacy Well-Known Member

yes I personally do. All other media calls them as Mirage and Wheeljack, that's who they are most like and that's what the games and toys name them. Wouldn't be the first time in the films that they screwed up a name (poor movie 1 Brawl).

Mirage is the only one that i sorta understand why he got a name change (potential legal problems with Ferrari) but Wheeljack... i get the Que reference but it's so damn stupid tho. Heard someone once argue "well maybe Mercedes doesn't want to license their toys based on movie characters". All I said to him was "movie Soundwave" and the argument ended.

In the end, does it matter to the general public? No. But to me personally, I see them and say "Mirage and Wheeljack"

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Their different enough to be their own dudes. But man Que needs a better name since that's litterally one of the worst names ever. Also in the Allign Continuity. He should be Wheeljack's professor.

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, it really is. It's also supremely stupid to name reference another movie series which is still alive and going. But eh, what you gonna do.

5. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Dino and Que, but like Karhukjnsi said, I consider them to be the Mirage and Wheeljack of the movies unless of course there is a Mirage or Wheeljack in TF4.

6. jazzgirl84

jazzgirl84 Mini-bot

This.

As for the other........wasn't he originally supposed to be Mirage? I call him Mirage because Dino is just a stupid name. Every time I hear it, I think of the purple dinosaur from the Flintstones. I will never call him Dino!

7. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    He's still Mirage, but with a diff name (cause Ferrari would not allow bay use the name Mirage and any other transformer name for their car)

8. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Do you consider Brawl to be Devastator?

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Some characters are such a big part of pop culture that they transcend the film series or book series that spawned them. I don't think the nod to Q was hey kids go out and watch James Bond films as it is that Q is just one of the most famous crazy inventors in pop culture.

The James Bond reboot didn't even include Q so it doesn't seem like Transformers would be pushing the new James Bonds films.

10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yes it does. Check the new trailer. Q appears.

And I'm not saying the TF movies are trying to push Bond. Kind of the opposite. They're making the reference as if the Bond series no longer exists or something. Like it's something from the past. A Q reference in TF is dumb when we are still getting real Bond movies with a real Q in them now.

11. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm going to refer to Dino as Mirage and Que as his actual movie name. I usually think of Que as a different character that homages G1 Wheeljack.

12. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Edit: Nevermind.

Trying to talk sense on this topic is like trying to teach a beaver to juggle chainsaws...

13. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Try? My dear Fatal, in the wise words of Yoda, there is no try. You just need to believe in the beavers. BELIEVE. :D 

On-topic, I prefer to call them Mirage and Wheeljack. Dino and Que sound like neat codenames or something :D 

14. tm11176

tm11176 Well-Known Member

no!no!no!no!no!no!no!

15. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Hell no. Brawl is the true name, Devastator was just chosen because it sounded badass to Bay.

16. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I call them Que and Dino, even though they are nothing like G1 Que and Dino.

17. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Que is a lot like G1 Que actually. He's an inventor/scientist, one of his inventions fails to do what it was designed to do, he's not much of a fighter so death was unavoidable.

Dino, I agree with though.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

When Transformers Dark of the Moon was filmed Q was not part of the Daniel Craig series of James Bond films. At the time it looked like the films were going to remain Q free.

Should we throw out the members of NEST because people have pointed out that they seemed to be based on members of GI Joe? Some people say that Devastator looked like a gorilla so I guess we throw him out because it might be a nod to Mecha Kong from the Godzilla films.

Hollywood throws in nods and tips of the hat to other movies and other characters all of the time. Film makers don't live in some vacuum where they only see their own work so as a tribute to the things like like they throw in a little homage where they can.

19. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me, I consider them to be Wheeljack and Mirage but have taken on local nicknames. Unless we get a seperate Wheeljack or Mirage, that's how I'll see it. Given how divergent many of the movie characters were from their past incarnations (not just G1, but all of the previous ones), at least Que is fairly similar to Wheeljacks of old.

Brawl is Brawl though.

20. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Yes.
    No reason not to- he was called Devastator in the movie.