Do you collect transformers toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mrgalvaprime, Jan 25, 2012.

?

How many tf figurines do you collect

1. I get almost every toy

6.3%
  2. I try to get as many a possible

14.6%
  3. I only get the figures i like look of

60.4%
  4. I only get ones of characters i like

16.7%
  5. Hardly any

2.1%
  6. None

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Why would I buy a toy I don't like? Is my name TJ Omega/Omegus Prime?

Really, I buy what suits my display (G1 Seasons 1-3 in Classics form via Henkei & United). I've passed up a lot of toys I like because they either don't fit my display or because I would have to create a new shelf for a new series (Hardhead would be lonely). And I've passed up a lot of toys simply because I don't care for them (ie: Universe Galvatron, Onslaught, & Powerglide). And lastly, I prefer official Hasbro/TakaraTomy product over "Third Party." Only "Third Party" products I've bought were to enhance an official Hasbro/TakaraTomy product: City Commander, G3 Trailer, Protector, and the Gear of War set.

2. Cogar

Cogar Follower of the Code

Either a character I like, or something I like the looks of are the two main factors for me. I can't think of anything I have that isn't at least one of those.

3. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised at the number of reasons we could come up with.

4. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I pick the ones that look good to me.

5. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    I only get TF's if they don't look like shit, I rarely get if they look bad unless its a character I really like.

6. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

True. I bought Henkei Hot Shot fully intending to customize it, then found out I only disliked it more after opening it up and transforming it. I also bought Universe Galvatron because I found it for cheap.

7. longhorn35

longhorn35 40 Something Fan

I voted "I only get the figures i like look of" but am a Human Alliance completeist...

8. robodog

robodog Fur, Fangs and Steel

My collection has a general robot theme. I collect everything from robotic pet type things like FurReal Friends to robot action figures like Transformers. I'm just now getting off my ass and restarting the collection after selling everything a few years ago. Stupid mistake.
    I'm disabled and on a fixed income. I don't have a lot to spend on toys every month (I have an $80 a month budget ) but I will try to get as many Transformers as I can. It'll be slow going though because that $80 doesn't just go for Transformers but other robot toys as well. It'll be a long time before I have the amount of Transformers I once had.

9. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    smdh

10. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I primarily collect Transformers as toys. That is to say, I'll buy a figure if it has a good design and is well-engineered. However, the media, periphery as it may be, has influenced some of my purchases.

11. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I generally get what I think looks good in both modes, though sometimes on-screen characterizations or choice of alt modes (I'm particularly fond of vintage and construction vehicles) will sway me.
    Of course price and availability are also major factors.

12. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Just characters I like for the most part. And not even all of those.

13. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I voted for the characters I like. An since I like all of G1 an whatever goes with it , I collect the CHUG line as well as the MP line. ( Also , Im a Beast Wars nut )

14. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I like the way it looks, I'll most likely buy it.

15. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    characters i like/ designs and of course the paticular TF: toy line are all the factors I take into consideration while planning my next buy.

16. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime IDW2019 Stan

News Credits:
    Dude the only reason i ever come to the toy forum is to look at this thread when it was moved from gen tf discussion

17. Primal_Grimlock

Primal_Grimlock Gone because someone had their cat declawed. Grr.

I only buy those that I like the look of or of the characters I like. I did start off by trying to buy only Ironhide, but that didn't last long. ;) 

18. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No real option for me so I selected the ones I like the look of. I collect g1 figures and am trying to complete my childhood collection before moving onto a year by year basis up to 86 or 87. Aside from that I grab g1 style wst and g1 style legends figures.

19. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I used to buy characters I like but now I've switched to only ones I like the looks of. That is, if I keep buying. I'm starting to get sick of the lack of respect the movies have towards the Cons both in ROTF film and both the DOTM film and toyline. Prime is of to a bad start with how long it took them to announce a voyager Meg and now their first leaders being OP and (angry voice) BUM-BOOL-BEE:mad .

20. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I don't often bother with all the PVC's and the like that do not Transform and I really didn't go completist on Takara Animated toys. and I have some Gaps in the G1 stuff.

Sometimes I simply don't bother with something as I it fails to grab me as a toy that is true of much of the masterpiece toys. But I do try to get what I can item accessibility to them (being in The UK) and funds permitting.

There's not much else I spend mad money on these days aside from Videogames. and there's no other toyline that I find I want to buy at the moment.. I did consider buying Thundercats for a bit then I realised the figures were pretty substandard so didn't bother. I used to collect Sentai but it got to expensive in terms of bang for your buck and the space they take up so I mostly gave up on it.

But yes I am one of those people who does buy all those stupid variants of Movie Bumblebee.

Isn't Transformers toys sort of "The whole point" of Transformers ?