Do you collect only a specific TF toy line or do you try to get THEM ALL?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dr T Former, May 2, 2011.

1. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very happy to just stick with original G1 and associated reissues. No modern stuff.

2. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I think everybody has their limit. I buy new molds and redecos to a completist level. Sometimes I'll army build a figure like my ten copies of universe stormcloud.

The Originals, Movie verse, Generations, Alternators and Animated are all great for me.

My limits lie at fans project companies like crazy devy. Because I don't think vintage figures need to be torn a part and given new features. Their more awesome from a historians perspective untouched by this trendy gear.
    I did buy the fansproject munitioner and explorer a full as that colossus had a lot going for it ;if I want bruticus maximus to have his old head and limbs I don't even have to pull out a screw driver to change it back.

Some of the younger set things like the stomping electronics packed crashing figures and fast action battlers rarely seem to work in my tastes.

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  3. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

Since getting back into collecting early 2000's (Armada/Hasbro G1 Reissue time frame) I didn't even plan on collecting, just wanted a Starscream. From there went to collecting just the figures I liked, to collecting complete lines that I liked, to buying figures I didn't even care for in lot deals, cheap repaints on clearance, and soon I tried to get everything that existed from that point to present day. I still try to do this, but I'm fading fast, going from about 100% to maybe 60-70% completist. I can't keep up with everything, I'm out of space and out of cash. Uhh how did I end up with so many movie toys? I hate the movies! So in short, I guess I'm a completist for the lines I mostly like, I enjoy completing a line. For the lines I don't care for as much, I just buy what I like. (or what's on sale/clearance)

4. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Until I figure out what accessories I have, I'm going after anything right now. I'll still probably hit a store once a paycheck but after I figure everything out I'll go back to getting G1 stuff.

5. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I used to collect Alternators, Classics, MP, and movie toys. But then when Animated came out I disliked the simple designs and lack of details. Then, in my mind, I started seeing Classics as being simple and less detailed than movie toys. So now I only collect movie toys with an occasional classic thrown in here or there if I can get one on sale or in a trade...