Do you collect only a specific TF toy line or do you try to get THEM ALL?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dr T Former, May 2, 2011.

1. Dr T Former

Dr T Former Member

I started recently collecting Transformers, and begun with G1 Micromasters only - maybe (surely as I know myself LOL) I will expand, if I have all the G1 MM complete.

2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I do not try to get them all. With Beast Wars and Beast Machines I tried to get them all. But either I couldnt find a figure or later a place like Botcon would produce something I cant get. With the post Beast Era times, Animated is the only series I really went after. If it wasnt for Botcon and some figures not coming to the states, I would of had all of them.

But othere then that I mainly pick out the figures I really like from other series.

3. GunBusterX

GunBusterX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm happy to just stick with the classics line.

4. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Same here...I just collect classics and Masterpiece lines :)  Though...I'm debating on whether or not I really want the coneheads since I just preordered 2 of the sunstorms.

5. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

I want to complete the Classics line, the RID line, and the G1 Robot Heroes line. Past that, I'm nipping at a few lines as I go.

6. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I collect all lines but I want to collect all of Armada and Animated.

7. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I pick my lines, but try to get em all in the lines I pick. Didn't used to do this, which is why I am missing Animated Roadbuster Magnus, Rescue Ratchet, and Clear Lockdown (as well as some import exclusives). I missed out on a few Classic style figures from Botcons/Imports, and am slowly knocking out MPs, but if it is retail and I like the line, it will be completed.

8. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    i get whichever lines/ ones intrigue me. At the time, I had no interest in Universe so I didn't get any (i'm kicking myself right now). I was too pulled in by ROTF and ANimated.

9. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Really I don't collect lines. I collect the figures I like from lines. To give myself focus I Collect Starscream in all his incarnations and updated versions of characters from the '86 movie, any other is pick and choose.

The closest I have come to wanting to collect an entire line is Animated where I went after all on screen characters, and I still have a couple left on that one.

10. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    TFA - going to collect the entire line.

G1, CHURG - I only get bots I like the characters of.

BW, BM, Unicron Trilogy, RiD - I only get the toys I like the look of, or the characters I like.

11. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I collect from all lines, and only collect toys of characters I like.

12. PB379

PB379 Autobot

Ones I have collected are Movie-verse, G1, Classics and a couple of Master Piece.

13. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Collecting all would be insanly expensive!
    Especially for me, I live in Sweden and the few Transformers we get is 2-3 times the price of the same toy in the USA.

Even though it is expensive for me I get all more or less of Classics/Universe/Henkei/Generations/RTS.
    I get both Hasbro and TakaraTomy of most of those toys. + various botcon exclusives and other exclusives and I armybuild Junkions, Seekers and Sweeps, also get some old Cybertron and newer HFTD and DOTM toys that fit into classics and some Third party stuff.

Besides that I enjoy Masterpieces, Binaltech, Alternators, Animated, Alternity, G1 Micromasters, ROTF-scouts and Alternator-sized Human Alliance toys and some movie-line Leader class toys.

I try to not collect any other Transformers, but that upcoming Transformers Prime Arcee looks so cool and buying her will most likely only be the gateway drug to buy most TF Prime toys :( 

14. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Only classics and only the ones I really, really need.

But maybe I get some parts for my old G1 Transformers to complete them and additional stickers. Maybe I sell them, I don't know.

15. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    I collect all lines...but only what I like or what intrigues me. I haven't added any Machine Wars or Kiss Players to the collection yet...probably never will.

16. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke!

News Credits:
    I started with G1 as a kid (as most old timers did). Parted ways with the TF franchise for a long while and rediscovered my love of them fairly recently as an adult. Started off with a single Binaltech figure and the MP line (mostly Seekers). Then a movie MP figure. Next were Revoltechs. Soon after it was Alternity. Received an Animated figure as a gift that wet my appetite for others in the line, since that show was my first enjoyable TF series since Beast Wars/Machines.

Got my first third party and Scout class figures, and my first CHUG which only, again, got me looking hard at getting a few more. Just got my first WST earlier today (Shockwave, what a tiny guy!). But I usually limit my purchases to characters I love rather than trying to get every single figure from any given line, such as the Seekers, Megatron, Prime (in small doses), Bruticus, and Wheeljack. I'm looking forward to the TFP line next with Arcee and Starscream.

17. Zigholtul

Zigholtul I am the Waffle Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmmm while I wouldn't consider myself a completionist, it can easily be argued that I have a shit ton of figures, spanning from various lines.

G1 - So far, only have a TRU Reissue Perceptor, however I am considering hunting down a few others, mostly just the Seacons (I'm a sucker for aquatic critters).
    Beast Wars - Ahh the first line of Transformers I've started on. It'll be quite some time before I ever have in my possession every single character (some of them will be repainted to match their Botcon appearances (because I'm such a cheap ass) and for those whose original toys were fucked the moment they were created (BW Neo Randy and BW Fuzors Torca come to mind).
    Movie 1 - I love these toys. This is what brought me back into toy collecting, from the realistic alt modes to the complex engineering that would only improve as the franchised continued even further.
    Universe 2.0 - I remember picking up Acid Storm, Sunstreaker, and Prowl when I first saw them at a local Walmart and I am so glad I did. This was the line that presented me with the notion that sometimes buying redecos of molds already procured isn't such a bad thing, especially when it comes to the seekers (those bastards will be the death of me).
    Animated - Finally a toyline that's perfect for kids yet can easily be enjoyed by us older folk, not to mention that the transition from animation cell to plastic form is an exceptional feat onto itself. Its really a shame that Animated got canned so early.
    Revenge of the Fallen - Lets be honest folks, the movie was complete and utter garbage, the story was all over the place, some scenes just simply dragged on too long, way too sexual humor and fart gags, and one of the worst main villains' to ever grace the silver screen in quite some time. However the toyline for the movie was a definite step up from its previous incarnation. Both the Nest and HFTD sublines produced some excellent figures such as Bludgeon, Recon Ironhide, Battleblades Bumblebee, Brawn, and the kickass leader Starscream. If there's one negative aspect to this toyline is that there's way too many of them clogging up shelves even to this day. Many folks are bitching about the plethora of Mudflaps at their local stores, but for me its simply a stockade of Jolts (ROTF variant) and even sadder is that the Transformer aisle at my Walmart has shrunk down to accommodate some figures that simply aren't going anywhere and its really pissing me off.
    Generations/Reveal The Shield - I really have no comments to make given the sheer awesomeness of this line.

I do plan on picking up some of the DOTM figures, mostly all the new characters and perhaps some of the newer renditions of previous character (I did it for ROTF) and the Prime figures need to hurry and show up in stores (I'm really digging that Arcee figure).

18. dkr7

dkr7 "Argh' Hexagonal Nuts!"

News Credits:
    i started just getting characters i liked across many lines (mainly starscreams)
    Now ive concentrated on classics style, not got many left to get now but i only collect the bots that were in season 1 and 2 of the g1 series, although i have kup, drift and may get a wreck gar cause i liked them in the movie.

19. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I get what I like.

20. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I stick to whatever is considered "Main-Line" meaning I avoid legends and activators... anything geared for younger kids. It's really just that I like the more complex designs.