Do you collect any toys that other adults *don't* collect?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Nightrain, Apr 15, 2008.

1. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    On top of my main collections (Transformers and He-man) I collect ReBoot, The tick, Tales from the Crypt, horror movie figures and Sooty.

2. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You know what I wish I collected as a kid?

Old Argos catalogs. (Argos is a catalog store here in the UK)

Seriously. I remember the feeling I used to get when a new catalog would come out, a feeling I sort of get even today. New catalog? I immediately browse the toy section to see whats new. I wish I had all the toys listings from when I was a kid, so I could relive some old nostalgia and compare prices with today and all that.

Sigh. Ah well. Maybe I could check eBay?

Edit
    Oh shit, I shouldn't have looked.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Argos-Catalog...14&_trkparms=72:1121|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  3. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I was the same, I loved toy sections from old catalogues. I remember at high school in textiles they had loads of old catalogues from about 9 years earlier with Jazz and Hound in the toy section. I pulled the page out and took it home lol.

4. scarnivac

scarnivac Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YOU'RE A SUICIDE GIRLS PHOTOGRAPHER?? you're my new hero! :thumbs2: 

back on-topic:

besides Transformers, I have a lot of marvel action figures, comics, Gundam models, Lego EXO-Force and even power rangers Zords.
    At one point I also started collecting SG pics, but at that time I didn't have enough Gig's to get all the pics.. :D 

5. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I miss the old Sears Holiday book with all the fun stuff from the 80s good bathroom reading! I only collect Transformers i use to collect TMNT the original but i gave that one up want to start collecting Eureka 7 models

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Bwahaha, that's awesome! I'd love to see a picture of all of them just to see the kind of space it would take up.

7. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not sure if all these really qualify since most are adult collectibles as well. I don't stray away from TFs too often, unless it's something that's just VERY unique or special to me in some way. That would include:

My First Transformer/Tonka/Playskool Gobots
    These tend to get ignored/overlooked, but I loved them enough to track down every variant of every mold.

Braves
    I consider these guys to be G1 "Expanded Universe". They're so closely related to Transformers, I almost don't make a distinction.

X-Files 12" Figures
    Nothing special here, just a huge X-Files fan and there's not a ton of XF merch out there.

Kamen Rider disk animals
    I just found these to be utterly amazing and couldn't pass them up... it's taken forever to track down all the variants, but I recently finished.

It's got to be REALLY unique to get me interested, though - I don't like diverting funds away from TFs. :lol  I've been tempted by Marvel Legends, but the waves are too random for me. If they ever do "team" sets from various lineups of the X-Men, Avengers, West Coast Avengers, Alpha Flight, etc... I'll have to take another look.

8. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    The only thing I can think of that I collect that other adults don't collect is Jar Jar Binks figures. Yes, here I am, at the far opposite end of the spectrum from a SG photographer. :D