Do you Care of the Figure scale or not?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by eagc7, Mar 23, 2010.

?

?

1. YES I CARE OF THE FREKIN SCALE, Hasbro Should Make them on scale

52.5%
  2. No, i Dont Care of the scale

35.0%
  3. Who cares

12.5%
  1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i made this thread Not about which fig should be downscaled or something cuz theres already one, thsi thread is about Why You care of the scale and aslo if you care of it or not, so lets go

For me I DONT CARE OF THE FREAKIN SCALE, Scale is not important on the figure

So what about you, do you care of the scale or not? and Why

2. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So far, I only care about scale if it's in relation to Micromasters, Minicons or WSTs that would be be completely dwarfed by my Unicron or Metroplex.

Other than that, not so much.

3. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Yes. Leader Prime displayed fighting Voyager Megatron = fail.

4. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    then get leader megs or voyager prime

5. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I do, which is why I care about the scale. If I didn't care I'd get the two I mentioned above, as they are the superior versions of each character in my opinion.

6. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Depends on the figure. The Dinobots being upscaled that I mentioned in the other thread would be NICE, but I'm fine having them as deluxes and a voyager. Bonecrusher not having a leader mold just bugs me though.

7. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

QFT.

8. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

Well, yes and no.

Only time I care about scale is if it is a line that is based on scale like the Alternators...or if for instance there is a Prime figure, I'd like to have a Megatron in scale with him or close.

9. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Yes.

10. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    When most people talk about scale, they talk about real world vehicle mode scale. i.e., a jet should be huge compared to a car. As such, Universe Powerglide makes more sense than G1 Powerglide.

For me, though, the only scale I care about is if the mold's robot mode is big enough for the character it's supposed to be. I wouldn't want a Megatron that's smaller than Starscream, for instance, or, I wouldn't want a Fort Max that's voyager sized.

I do make some exceptions, though, if the character is unimportant. Ever since Armada, I've had a fan-faction called the Destructicons (based on those KB RiD exclusives), which was based around RiD Scourge, Axer, and BW2 Starscream and BB. I added some of the MW Jets to the lineup. Recently, however, I changed the lineup, I took the MW Jets out of it and replaced them with motorcycles (like ROTF Trenchmouth), because I thought having scout-sized jets didn't make sense when you've got BB looming over them. So, yeah, my grouping system doesn't follow any reasonable rules.

11. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i vary on this subject.....some characters, like animated lugnut, i want in a bigger scale, but seekers deluxes next to the autobot cars from classics, i am fine with...if being big and bulky is part of the character, i want them big and bulky

basically, vehicle scale doesn't matter to me, it is robot mode scale

12. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heheh.

Whether I were a kid playing with these things or a collector who fusses over things like scale, yes I care. Since I'm a collector, I'll buy Lugnut or Grindor or Sentinel Prime or RotF Soundwave and enjoy them still, but I always look at them and think "you should be bigger."

13. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

Yes and no.

I care, and its bothersome to some degree, but it really can't be helped. And any rational person should realize that Hasbro has done pretty good with scale all thing considered.

14. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Minimally. As long as they are reasonable (in robot mode), I'm ok. I prefer the leaders to be bigger as well as the other bots that are supposed to. Universe Ironhide/Ratchet are a little too small for instance. I'd also prefer Prime was a little bigger. Not a huge deal by any means though.

15. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Not to a huge extent except for two of the movie figures Bonecrusher and Blackout. I think what bothers me in those two cases is they look so amazing in the concept art and onscreen time that they could have been two amazing figures. Grant it I do like both of their figures, but there is just so much more that they could have done had they upped the scale.

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sure, I care.

However, I think there are certain instances where it's a bigger deal than others.

My enjoyment of G1 toys, for example, isn't dependent upon scale for the most part. The '84-85 cars are roughly 1:32 scale, and I think that's a very popular scale for TFs, which is why it's the one used the most, probably. However, the Seekers are NOT in scale in vehicle mode in comparison with the '84-85 cars. Then, throw in monkey-wrenches like Blaster and Metroplex which are obviously not in scale with each other or other figures for the most part . . . you get the picture.

Alternators/Binal Tech? YES, scale is important because one of the foundational cores of the line is scale. I'm willing to fudge a little bit (MP Convoy is roughly 1:28th scale, so he's not too far off), but even Masterpiece Seekers aren't in scale with Alts/BTs.

My solution is that I'll display Alts/BTs on a shelf together, but separately from say G1 toys.

17. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    Yup, am kinda 50/50 on each, scale or not scaled. :D 

Depends on the avalibility of the scaled toys at hand, for me. :-o

Supreme class Devy viz legends mudflap & skidz = win :D 

18. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Yes, i care. But I'm well aware of the reasons that's not always possible, so don't expect truly outrageous rants about that from me.

19. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

No line has ever got it perfect but Animated was closest IMO.

Yeah I know about the whole Lugnut thing but frankly, I'm not too bothered about the odd character.

Universe/Henkei made a pretty good stab of it too.

I don't care about the size of the real life alt modes/robots, just that in robot mode they all display well together.

HOWEVER, one day I would like to see Hasbro devote an entire line to making all the figures from it in exact scale to one another. It may mean tiny cars and massive aircraft, for example, but it would be very interesting to see. Would probably be a complete failure, but an interesting one...

20. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I care, but not so much to kill me wanting a good toy, or to make me rant about it on a message board. :)