Do You Believe The Fallen Was Cheated In His Short-Lived Battle With Optimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by PrimesRule, Jun 6, 2012.

1. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    All that power and use of his own space bridge, yet he gets destroyed in less than two minutes. Not even Megatron's intervention helped to achieve victory over the leader of the Autobots.

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Obviously.

3. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    No offense OP, but are you going to continue making threads based off the most obvious of obvious subjects??

and yes, he was cheated a bit.

4. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    rushed filming :p , also the extended bio for a HFTD Legends pack based o n the final battle, says that jetfire is filled of power/whatever lost to the autobots for centuries, thats why it optimsu was able to easily kick fallen face

5. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Let's face facts, he was going up against the most bad-ass Autobot powered up by a bad-ass Blackbird. Once Optimus got past his rock shield and telekinesis, the Fallen had little defence against the superior close-quartes combatant.

Though, he didn't suck too bad. He didn't give a fuck about the sword that went through his mouth, instead twisting OP's arm, punching him in the face and slapping him with his own thruster.

He may have gotten owned, but he stayed defiant to the end, dammit!

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

In the books he actually gets killed by Megatron in an act of betrayal.

And to be honest, I thought the whole idea of The Fallen was kind of overblown. For a guy who was supposed to be pretty damn near omnipotent, all he did was use Megatron as his bitch, crash into an aircraft carrier (like all the other Decepticons), use a knock-off version of The Force to throw some rocks and tanks around (while still needing Devestator to do all of the actual excavating), DIDN'T kill a weakened Optimus after retrieving the Matrix ('cause it's not like there wouldn't be some way Ops could still kill The Fallen later until five minutes later when he started FLYING AROUND at full power with corpse armor), and was utterly powerless to stop a single laser blast from nuking the Solar Harvester despite all the rocks and F-22 debris he was controlling at the exact same time.

Really, The Fallen makes a lot more sense if you think of him as the guy in charge who SEEMS powerful but in reality can be easily defeated given the right circumstances (I.E. The Emperor/Palpatine in Star Wars. He's electrocuting Luke with lightning from his fingers in one moment, then Vader just walks over and throws him into an open abyss while The Emperor is COMPLETELY POWERLESS to stop him.)

7. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    No, he's still killed by Optimus, Megatron leaves his master to die in optimus hands when he descovered that Fallen lied to him and wasnt going to give him the powers of the primes.

but Megatron does kills Fallen in the video game

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    The Fallen really wasn't all that without his teleken... telekeni... moving stuff with his mind trick. And since Optimus seemed to be immune to that (probably why only a Prime can kill the Fallen) he really only had his physical power to fall back on, which was matched quite well by Jetfire's power in Optimus.

9. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Telekinesis.

And yeah, it makes sense that Optimus was immune to the supernatural aspect of the Fallen's abilities, hence why he was much easier for him to get in close and lay waste to the guy.

10. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

That's what he gets for going against the Chuck Norris of Autobots

11. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The Fallen wasn't cheated. The audience was cheated. We were expecting an epic, hammer-and-tongs fight, then the bad guy gets owned in sixty seconds.

12. Bluebe6

Bluebe6 Banned

News Credits:
    I never thought I could find someone who makes more threads than I used to in 1-2 days.

13. AMG

AMG Old School

When I think of The Fallen the first thing that comes to mind is wasted potential.

14. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

IMO, The story with the fallen should have gone over into DOTM, with the Fallen being the primary antagonist, and Optimus and Sentinel teaming up together.

Just think, the other Autobots are all captured or dead, and Optimus and Sentinel slay Decepticons for breakfast.

15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Isn't half of the DOTM final battle essentially just Prime rocketing in and killing about 99% of the entire decepticon army by himself?

16. OPTIMUS GEOFF

OPTIMUS GEOFF Well-Known Member

This. With Shockwave overthrowing Megatron as Decepticon "leader", other than The Fallen, of course. As much as I LOVED DOTM, there are endless possibilities to what they could/should have done. Especially with Bay saying it was going to be his last film.

17. KayeMinor

KayeMinor Banned

We've had this thread before, but obviously I agree. It is one of my biggest grievances about ROTF. What I hated the most was The Fallen never used his telekineses or teleportation in the fight. This is how the fight should have gone. For a choppy stop motion, I hold it in much higher regard.
    Transformers Stop Motion - Autobots Vs. The Fallen - YouTube

18. Transfan327

Transfan327 customizing amature

i agree. :thumb 

19. Leonis Prime

Leonis Prime Ai-Megumi's Man

He was cheated by Micheal Bay having spent nearly the whole movie following whiny shia and then only having 4 mins to have the climatic battle agianst prime.

But i tell you who really was cheated.......Megatron

1st film: bad ass leader
    2nd film: lacky
    3rd film: moping in a corner lacky.

the shame michael, the shame :( 

20. zark225

zark225 The Day Fukr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Fallen was definitely cheated! I remember telling all my friends before ROTF came out that The Fallen was a major bad-ass! His design was cool, his toy was cool (got it a few days before the movie came out)... then after we watched the movie I felt slightly embarrassed. The Fallen got screwed over big time. At least Bay apologized for it in the commentary.