Do you believe in Aliens?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alexicon, May 10, 2011.

1. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well let's see...the people who were actually there had said as much that it was indeed a spy balloon. Later releases say as much. The evidence adds up and it was indeed a spy balloon. It was covered up in the media by being called a Weather balloon.

The people who stepped forward and claimed to have worked at roswell 51 air base? Had nothing to do with the recovery and everyone of them was proven to be a liar or not reliable in any way shape or form.

Hey if it quacks like a duck it's always a duck. The simplest answer is the best. If you honestly believe there are 2 alien "greys" in roswell I got this bridge to sell you...

2. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Name ONE of those things. A majority of those don't need the source for who disproved it because they are pretty obvious. I mean I still have that bridge for sale if you can't tell that UFO over the temple in Israel is a camera aimed at a computer monitor and the UFO is the mouse cursor.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The guy who came up with the balloon story, Colonel Weaver? An counter-intelligence officer. Speciality? Disinformation.

I'm not going to trust him as far as I can throw him.

4. MegaScreamtron

MegaScreamtron Decepticon

OMG 2012 :p 

I have my doubts about them, I gotta see it to believe it.

5. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's your world, rock it like it's vegas haha

Said it once before I'll say it again, gotta watch the National Geographic "Is it real?" series. Alien visitations is the biggest one over in the world.

6. pingbee

pingbee Banned

My dad does since he likes mystery events , I do too I still think aliens are real

7. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

Oh, of course more evidence = more credibility, I never said otherwise. I was merely trying to point out that one person can be more credible than another, even if both of them technically have no evidence pertinent to the claim they're trying to make. Most people take into account a person's history and track record, even though by the logic that "only evidence = credibility", they shouldn't. Everyone can agree that cold hard facts trump all, but I was never talking about claims backed up by cold hard facts. Anywho, I think I've derailed this thread enough for one night; back to the aliens!

8. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    No the biggest one-over in the world is a topic I can't bring up because it's against the TOS. I'm sure you won't have to think too hard to guess what I am referring to.

9. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

Finally! Something we can agree on. :lol 

That and Grimlock for HoF. :tongue: 

10. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:

LMAO I am trying really hard not to think about it....really really hard.

11. Funnymerc

Funnymerc Well-Known Member

It would kind of be a waste of space if there wasnt aliens. Even if they were just microscopic ones

12. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True. Throughout the universe, there has to be all sorts of bacteria and microscopic aliens. However, for things to evolve to the point we would consider intelligence, well, if totally by nature, I think I heard the odds were around the same thing as a tornado going through a junkyard and spitting out a perfectly constucted Jet. However, it happend on Earth, so it's possible elsewhere. I still don't think they have visited Earth. I just believe there's UFO, simply by definition, on Earth.

13. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    You shouldn't ask if we believe in aliens, you should rather ask do aliens believe in you!

14. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Thank you.

The vid is irrelevant to the issue, so wether or not I watched it is also irrelevent.

You did not claim "every of THOSE" accounts were disproven.

You claimed "EVERY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN DISPROVEN" meaning every account ever made in the history of the world.

I dont mean to sound rude but......If thats not what you meant you should have chosen your words more carefully.

15. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    First off, I have no interest in ordinary people. But, if any there are aliens, time-travelers, or espers, please come join me. That is all!

16. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    I find the concept both exciting and terrifying at the same time. Even if they are nice and not like the ones in Mars Attacks. They are just creepy. It seems very strange that they would just be something someone made up since they are way more sightings of them than other things like bigfeet and those goat suckers.

17. Nexus Prime

Nexus Prime Creation is proof.

I agree. Didn't he suddenly a day later change his story. Gee wonder why.

I really don't get people who believe instantly what the media and government sells them. It's ususally an outright lie or not the whole complete truth.

18. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Yes there are Aliens.

No we will not be alive to make first contact

19. chapsy

chapsy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I just wanna clarify this: UFO =/= Alien spacecraft. A UFO by definition is simply an object that flying that you can't identify. I've seen plenty of UFOs, but I've never seen an alien spaceship.

Also, I think another main reason for aliens visiting our planet and not wanting to be seen is how we would react if we found them. It's always wise to know about a culture BEFORE you visit it than to learn about them the hard way after (the hard way being either imprisonment or death). There's certainly plenty in our media that would suggest that humans as a species would react violently to alien visitors. If I were an alien in a spaceship monitoring Earths transmissions, I wouldn't want to land either unless absolutely necessary and then I would want to go as unnoticed as possible.

I think where the whole theory of aliens having visited us breaks down is: 1, mathematically there's got to be several different species of intelligent life out there and 2, not all of them would have the same goal. Some would want to study us for scientific curiosity. Others would want Earth's resources. Others would want to conquer. And that being the case, why haven't we seen concrete irrefuteable proof of it yet?