Do you believe in Aliens?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alexicon, May 10, 2011.

1. Alexicon

Alexicon Active Member

2. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I don't know about another species thats lightyears ahead of us technologically, though it is possible.

I do think that when you consider how large the universe is, the likelihood of our planet being the only planet with life seems incredibly implausible.

3. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

As vast as the universe is, and the possibility of multi-verse, how can there NOT be?

Not saying I believe in it, I just don't not believe in it if you know what I mean.

4. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As far as visitors from other planets... no. Every account has been disproven yet people miss those reports.

As far as life on other planets , yes.

5. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Yes.

6. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I believe in life existing on other planets. Not necessarily sentient life, and if so then in a form different from ours.

I DON'T believe in flying saucers and random people being abducted for no apparent reason.

7. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's a pretty crazy video, sir. Definitely induces the paranoia.

8. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

Do I believe in aliens?
    Absolutely.

Do I believe they've visited us?
    Probably not. I mean, what makes us so special? :tongue: 

9. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes.

10. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    No.

11. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    Life on other planets is a yes. Didn't we find fossils of alien microorganisms?

Ones that can travel through space? Hell no.

12. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Yes. I don't see why not. If life can grow up here, there's no reason it can't elsewhere. I don't know if we'll ever contact them. With increasing theories of a multi-verse, I think there's a chance that technology to allow for it is possible (slim chance, but since, theoretically, we don't know particuarly well how our universe works, let alone others it's possible a race with more knowlegde than ourselves may figure something out), whoevers traveling has gotta know where we are first though - that's the tough nut, and damn near impossible, even with the big old money eaters beaming things into space. Chances are we'll have nuked ourselvves into oblivon before that happens. Infact, chances are they'll have done the same. I do think there's a higher chance of finding archeological evidence of life elsewhere, however - but not in any of our lifetimes. The universe is a big, old place - and we're about as insignificant as you can get. No way in hell are we the first or the only.

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Of course I do. The majority of UFO sightings and close encounters are probably fake, however.

14. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Space is huge, I wouldnt be shock at all if other planets have some type of life on it. Now for the UFOs, I think 5% are alien starcrafts, another 5% for space junk, and 90% are unknown US/Other country air/starcrafts.

15. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, I believe there are other worlds with other life. I also belive in UFO's, but only that there are flying objects int he sky that we can't identify. I don't believe that creatures from another planet can travel across galaxies, so I don't believe that said UFO's are actually alien in origin.

16. cosmos360

cosmos360 Not a door bell

Hell no.

17. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Given the vastness of space, I think there's a pretty good chance we're not alone. However I've yet to see any credible evidence that suggests extra-terrestrials, at least the kind saucer-faring kind, exist.

18. Lady Autocon

Lady Autocon Miss Mustang

Considering we are, yes.

19. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Yesss.

20. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

I agree with these statements the most, one thing you have to take into consideration about "space travel" is even with humans, if you look back through what we really understand of our history how many times the civilizations with the greatest technologies have been crushed and most to all of it lost you are only left to wonder what could have been here in 2011 if the plague never happened, Rome never fell, the ancient Egyptians were never conquered, so on and so on.

Granted there is an equal chance that had nuclear technology been discovered before it did in our history, who's to say there would be much life left on this planet.. ooor if the best case scenario happened and one of the ancient civilizations perfected rocketry and made the not totally impossible leaps in metallurgy that have happened in the past, who knows where we could be now, we could have mines in the asteroid belt, you name it.

If we, as a sentient species, can survive the coming decades long enough to actually get out of the cradle, massive bumps in the road at all, any given sentient species that never suffered any setbacks since the beginning of our galaxy could have technology that would look like the proverbial "magic" compared to ours. You don't really need to look into a multiverse to see countless multitudes of possibilities just in our corner of the universe.

And as for random visitations, as much as I am.. not a fan of Michio Kaku he was right about one thing. To paraphrase, We are either gonna be helped out of our own ridiculous messes or sent to meet our makers, no in between. (at least I think it was him who basically said that) When you look at the energy resources probably required for massive distance space travel we are either going to see an already self-sufficient species with nothing to gain from us or what is at the opposite end of the spectrum a traveling bunch of pirates basically.

Last edited: May 10, 2011