Do You Become a Member Of The TF Club Automatically If you Buy Something?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Mirage232, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

Guys, I was wondering if you purchase something from the Transformers club, do you become a member on the spot? I just bought the Seacon set for about $170.00, but I never received any confirmation on becoming a member. I used the fast check out when I bought it. I never bought anything from the TF club before, so I am wondering if I just gyped myself out of a free toy as well as the magazine?:confused: 

2. -Mainframe-

-Mainframe- Well-Known Member

I thought club members received a discount on club items?

For that price you should become a member.

3. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    The non-member price on the club exclusive items is supposed to include your membership fee for a year. I don't know if it's supposed to automatically sign you up, so I don't think it would be a bad idea to email Master Collector or give them a call just to ask.

4. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Generally speaking, no. You simply pay the non-member price. However, for club exclusives, the "non-member price" is actually the purchase of a membership, as is detailed in the item's entry at the club store (where they say "Non-Member price includes the yearly third class membership fee of $40(domestic)."). Note that for exclusives, the "non-member price" is always exactly $40 more than the member price, but that for non-exclusives, non-member prices range in difference.

You should get next year's club incentive (I've stopped calling them "free") if you bought the Seacons.

5. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Note that this does NOT apply for international members.

If you're in the US however, yes, you're getting a third class US membership. Otherwise, you're just getting the toy.

6. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    I was wondering how long before someone would bring that up....

Actually, I've wondered on that count. I'd expected that international folks would NOT pay the $40, but would instead pay whatever was appropriate to their region (although upon reflection, that probably gives too much credit to the software to be able to figure that out...).

7. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As a software developer, I'd like to point out that GBB is making specific reference to the quality of FunPub's particular "software". It's not actually a difficult thing with a proper system.

8. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Actually, I don't know that FP's software can't do that (although you might). But otherwise, as you said.

9. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, it's a cold fusion system, so I'm sure it "could", but I don't have a whole lot of faith in it. Doing stuff in cold fusion is like....watching a Cybertron race episode over again when you have new Beast Wars dvds that you haven't cracked open yet. Yeah, you COULD do it, but why in the hell would you want to?