Do you actually read peoples reply's to threads?...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vector Sigma, Jul 2, 2006.

?

Do you actually read replies in threads?

1. I read every post and the type a carefully considered response.

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. I read most of them, enough to make sure I won't be carbon-copying someone else.

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. I read one or two posts, then get bored and type away hoping I'm not repeating what someone said.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I read the first post, then reply, screw any other opinion or what might have already been said.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Reading the thread? Fuck, I don't even read what it's about!

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

It's time for that pole again, I started it two years ago, Twin Twist did it again last year, and now its back!

So, browsing through various threads recently i have seen yet again a large amount of people saying the same thing, not reiterating a point with their own thoughts, no, exactly the god damn same thing. It's even worse when its prefixed with 'Well i haven't actually read this thread, and its probably said before, but i'ma gonna say it again!'.

For god's sake people, if its a 30 page thread then i understand, but when i;ve seen people post the same god damn thing within 3 or 4 posts of the original, then well thats just retarded.

If its Fuzzy, who cares? If its an actual debate, why the hell not check you're not just repeating someone almost word for word? At the least quote them and say 'I agree'. It's incredibly annoying reading a 6 page thread to see that theres only 2 pages of points, and the rest is just people saying the same thing having not bothered reading the actual discussion. Thread de-railment pisses me off too, but thats a whole different thread...

So right here, right now, i ask you, do you actually read peoples replys in threads? Or just chuck your point in for the hell of it, regardless of the fact its been stated 7 times already...

Well as i apparently can't make this a poll, here are the options that would ahve been in one:

1) Yes, i read every post and the type a carefully considered response...

2) Well i read most of them, enough to make sure i won;t be carbon copying someone else...

3) I read one or two posts, then get bored and type away hoping I'm not just repeating what someone said near word for word...

4) I read the first post, then just reply, screw any other opinion or what might have already been said, i'm so important its only my response you should be reading, cos, like, i'm always right...

5) Reading the thread? Fuck i don;t even read what its about! I just see the thread title and then begin whacking the keyboard with my nuts/tits to create my response...

Please add one of the options above to your response, or else could a kindly Mod please make this an actual poll, cheers....

2. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

I'm #1.

3. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't read any of that...so I will just guess "C"

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:

5. Vector Sigma

Hehehe. And thanks to who ever made it a poll!...

6. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

A poll I can't vote in....

7. Vector Sigma

Slightly less praise to the kindly mod. Uh, poll + ability to vote? Pretty please?...

8. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Option #2

9. butz

butz slippery when wet

I dunno, I usually read every post, but don't really care if I just reitirate someone else's response. It would be like option 1 or 2, but with "I just copy someone else anyways", so unfortunately I don't have a choice in this poll (even if it did work).

10. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    If it’s a thread I’m interested in I normally I read everything. If I’m just doing my part to help keep an eye on things or come into a thread late and it’s 6 or 7 pages long already I’ll skim it. So I voted #2.

11. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yeah if it's breaking news and it's on page 7 already I'll just go to the end and see if anything new has developed :D 

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I voted for Option #2, but it really depends. Short threads or long ones where I'm really interested in the topic, I'll read the whole thing and try not to repeat exactly what's been said (or, at the least, add some new information to go along with the repetition). Longer threads that I'm sort of interested in (>10 pages), I'll read the first 1-2 pages and the last 2-3 pages to get a general idea what's going on. If the thread's on topic still or looks interesting, I'll read the whole thing before I post. If the thread's going off-topic significantly, I'll just post my opinion on the original point without reading anything else. Exception is the "Movie" forum where (if I do post) I just post my opinion without reading the thread at all; no sense slogging through page after page of "the movie is going to suck!" just to say I thought [development] sounded interesting.

13. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    I'll go with #2, but granted it's a pretty useless poll if one is not able to vote in it :p 

14. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I read all replies if there are just a few pages, but if it's one of the giant threads I just skim and give my own worthless opinion, especially in the case of toy news. "Oh that is cool" or whatever you know?

15. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sometimes #1 other times #3, but most of the time #2

16. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

But mostly you just PM Kickback about your postcount right?

17. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

A little of 1, a lot of 2.

18. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Wha?! I can't vote on the poll? :poke 

Okay, option 2 for me.

19. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    nope. only did once a long time ago when he was offering..

20. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

I'm a 2 kind of guy I guess. I'll read through every post on threads that are 1-4 pages long, but after that I just kind of skim through posts and don't really absorb what's being said.

Just because you are the only fairy princess doesn't mean he is the only rattrap. IIRC, there is a poster who just has rattrap as a name.