Do We Want Another Transformers Anime?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Heliblade, May 13, 2017.

?

What Studio Should Make A Transformers Anime?

Poll closed May 19, 2017.
  1. Sunrise

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. Aniplex

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. Production I.G

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Funimation

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  5. Other

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. CarRobot

CarRobot Highway Star

I think it should happen again but instead, have the animation done in Japan and the story written in the west, they've done it with US G1, Animated, Prime, and RID 2015.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed.

3. LegionMaximus

LegionMaximus Well-Known Member

Ha ha ha ha, no. Watch the existing TF animes to see why.

I really don't see Japan doing anything but making a "mecha" series if they treated the subject matter "seriously." Like, imagine Kiss Players without the creepy aspects. Like if it had a clearly adult cast of humans, both male and female, and they gave the Autobots power boosts through high-fiving instead of kissing. Even then, it would still be a show where the Autobots aren't just 'helped' by humans; they REQUIRE humans to access their own powers. Ugh.

Also, prepare yourself for squealing, child-like KAWAIIIII female characters if it was made as an anime. I'm not an anime hater, I've watched plenty, but Japan does a piss-poor job with female characters.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  4. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

Well, to be fair, Headmasters isn't like the american version of the concept. TFs don't need humans to access their powers. Headmasters are human sized robots (which makes more sense) that combine with, and become the head of and control, bigger bodies.

I don't think it's fair to put the onus of annoying kids solely on Japan. Both American and Japanese TFs cartoons are littered with annoying human syndrome. It's part of the reason why I prefer the subs on the Unicron trilogy because I can't tell how goofy the kid VA is being whereas the American cartoons not only emphasizes the kiddishness, they ramp it up to 11.

If I have to pick between kids hanging around because Optimus Prime lets them hang out at the base a la Prime and the kids having some sort of connection or reason involved in their mission because for some reason, one of the kids are psychic and can detect energon, then I prefer the later. Just because it's horribly irresponsible of a leader of a team of warbots to have civvies going out on missions unnecessarily.

5. FanboyX

FanboyX is a real boy

If you threw Masterforce and Gundam Unicorn in a blender i'd probably be into it. Mix in the Victory cast, and have lots of crazy space battles and a light sprinkling of kaiju attacks. Yeah.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

I heart you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. FanboyX

FanboyX is a real boy

I'm thinking EDC is actively trailblazing the cosmos for colonization and develops mechs utilizing the Masterforce interlink matrix, a controversial new technology that allows a new evolutionary offshoot of humans to integrate with "mechs" based on Cybertronian lifeforms. This is thanks to a technovirus altering human DNA to the point of it being indistinguishable from CNA. The mechs seem to have minds of their own at times, but eventually pilot and mech gel on a cellular level until they are indistinguishable.

Maybe versions of Galvatron, Zarak, Overlord, and Deszaras are rival faction leaders. Rodimus, Fortress, and Star Saber are Autobot Central Command, and Ginrai's the turbo-revvin' young punk piloting a mysterious mech bearing an unsettling resemblance. Really they could throw whoever they wanted from whatever era in there.

Give RiD01 Gigatron the Hellscythe treatment. Turn RiD01 Scourge into a Zaku in a spiked Kaiser helmet and gas mask whos fuel tank feeds a flamethrower, which obviously wont work in space but who cares.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 All hail Duke.

I rather have another Transformers anime than another live action film.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

That's not too far from my own fanfiction for my customs oddly, Transformers: Convoy. In that one Cybertron/Seibertron is gone due to an extinction-level event. The two sides, autobots and decepticons/cybertrons and destrons, accepting responsibility and realizing now that they need to work together to save their race, strike out into the unknown across the galaxy in search of a new home using the various citybots/cityships as transport (Max, 'Plex, Omega Supreme, etc etc). So a bit of Macross, a bit of Headmasters, a bit of Lost Light where the badges have been dropped in favor of One. Nails, combatants, cons and bots both. The kicker is that Convoy is both a reference to Convoy the rank and what convoy actually means, a fleet traveling together. And each city/ship has their Convoy Commander (Fortress, OP, Omega, Vector, etc) with the main city being Metroplex, one of the last titans. They tour the cosmos in search of a home while refueling on various preferably uninhabited planets. The protocol for habited planets is to ask for permission and work with the locals.

The remainder of the transformers who can't accept this new reality (composed from both warring factions) form the new decepticon/destron army composed of city/ships themselves (Trypticon, Scorponok, Z, Overlord, etc) and faction leaders and instead of taking the peaceful route, they just take whatever they want. Galvatron and Megs are two different beings here so it'd be current MtMtE/Lost Light Megs with the Metroplex group and a mix of g1/IDW for Galvatron with the Destrons.

Which leads to the Army of One to have to come in and defuse things and protect the decepticon scourge from teh rest of the galaxy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Robert Snoke

Robert Snoke Well-Known Member

so anyone here is aware the concept of a transforming sentient robot is started by Osamu Tezuka in 1965 in the form of Ambassador Magma? (who's live action show was imported to the US as 'The Space Giants'), the concept of Magma appears to be some type of mechanical life form than an actual robot & not only he has a wife but also a son! his kind all transforms into these rocket/spaceship things thus them being referred to as rocket men,

but the concept had no influence on Transformers/Machine Robo/GoBots at all so it might be just a coincidence,

plus there is another sentient shape shifting robot show with toys & all that predates TF/MR/Gobots from circa 1981 which is this:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

Ambassador Magma I'm somewhat familiar with but the one you posted a vid for not at all *adds to get-to-watch list, wanders off to Kiss-Anime to see if they have it*

12. The Smirker

The Smirker Drifting is my game.

Well, considering where anime in general is going, if there was another anime, there'd be an overdose of fanservice.