Do We Want Another Transformers Anime?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Heliblade, May 13, 2017.

?

What Studio Should Make A Transformers Anime?

Poll closed May 19, 2017.
  1. Sunrise

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. Aniplex

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. Production I.G

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Funimation

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  5. Other

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. RADimus prime

RADimus prime not so well known member just known

Yeah you took that exactly opposite of what I intended. That wasn't a sarcastic reply I literally meant good for you staying positive.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Heliblade

Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

Then would you kindly explain?

3. RADimus prime

RADimus prime not so well known member just known

Just did look up 1

• Like Like x 1
  4. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought that the companies listed in the poll don't actually make the Anime, they only make the English Dubs. The actual animation is done by entirely different companies. Which would mean that the only thing the companies mentioned here can do is take Headmaster, Masterforce, Victory, Zone, BWII, BWNeo, and/or Go! and dub them in English since they don't actually make any of the animation themselves.

That being said since some of those are more known for dubbing more serious adult Anime's I doubt they'd be interested in a kids show. If anyone was going to dub those shows it'd probably be a company who's more known for dubbing Japanese kids shows. Hopefully not the team behind the Unicron Trilogy. I never want them to do another Transformers series ever again.

Now if we're talking about an actual new series, not just an English dub then if I'm right we'd have to look at a Japanese animation studio first before we worry about who's going to dub the series for American audiences. If I'm wrong then I'm going to say Funimation because of the companies listed I think most of if not all of the Anime that I watch comes from them. Though I'm pretty sure they only dub the shows not actually animate them. I should probably look into that more.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dropkick

Dropkick Doktor

If I were to have an honest opinion about this subject, I could not give Rattrap's ass about this.

But at the same time, I see potential.
    I honestly felt that the G1 Headmasters, Transformers GO!, Transformers Victory, and all the other animes were REALLY good.
    some were better than others, but mostly I can see the potential in a Japanese style TF Anime.
    Now, if it were an American company, it would be totally different.
    I would rate it extremely harshly and compare it to other better animated TV shows, like TF Armada, all that "crap".
    American companies always lord over action and non-sensical plot over actual good plot and decent action with story intertwined.
    Either way, I see it as hard to create an anime that would be like the constraints you provide.
    Sorry man, but I think you may be outta luck.

Unless Micheal bay takes over as director of the anime.
    :bay 

• Like Like x 3
  6. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YOU don't need mature plot and insane fight scenes! WE need foul language, mutilated corpses, nude human females, and of course mind bending plots

• Like Like x 1
  7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Does Funimation make anything?

I guess my vote would be "other".

As far as what we've had so far, Masterforce was fun, but everything else was slightly underwhelming, imo. And we're not going to get an anime aimed at more mature audiences, because that's not how Japan sees Transformers. Without human leads having human-type drama (and no, MTMtE does not qualify), Japanese Transformers cartoons are always going to be aimed at younger viewers.

• Like Like x 2
  8. STARBLAST

STARBLAST Banned

No. No we don't.

Anime and transformers don't go together. Unless you want the shonen protagonist and his 37 best friends to the main characters and Transfromers to be background bullshit.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

We're not going to get that out of an anime

I mean I can flat out tell you what we'd get. We'd get, at best, something along Car Robots or Armada's lines. The plot would have an overarching thing, but it'll be intended for kids because its Transformers, some of the fight scenes could be neat I guess, and there won't be a sense of dignity because, by being made as an anime, it will exist for one reason

To sell toys in Japan.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Yesss

• Like Like x 3
  11. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    This is what i want.
    And it didnt have A-listers, mature plots, insane fight scenes, or least of all a sense of dignity.
    But what it did have was a willingness to do something different and a lot of creativity.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Then have them be written by western writers and animated in Japan. That's what happened with Galaxy Rangers. That show rocks.

The Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers - Wikipedia

13. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

They can always open their 30 year old sealed desks, get the old G1 scripts out, fix the inconcistences, fill in the lore gaps, delete all the useless/nonsense script and reanimate it again adding some episodes to tie it better in between and make it more coherent.

Will it be awesome? Yes it will. Will it ever be done? Nop, they dont have the balls for it.

• Like Like x 2
  14. SMB73

SMB73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Production IG has never let me down.

15. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Balls is not how I'd describe regurgitating the same material again. That's the opposite of balls.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Pretty much this. Hell, look at what happened every time Japan dubbed the US made shows. They were all dumbed down, and had tons of childish jokes added in.

• Like Like x 1
  17. STARBLAST

STARBLAST Banned

People watch an anime (usually an oldschool one like Trigun that is cool) and suddenly think that all anime is like that (it's not 99% of it is moe shit) and think that getting an animate transformers would somehow be exactly the same as that "badass" anime they watched.

You want anime Transformers? Go watch Brave. That's basically what anime transformers would be like at it's best.

• Like Like x 6
  18. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I would like to see another TF show, in the vein of animes like Braves and RID2001.

Regarding studios, I would like Toei, CLAMP, Tatsunoko, Pierrot and maybe Trigger to work on it (individually).

• Like Like x 3
  19. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Trigger would really be the ideal studio at this point. We know they're TF fans, and they definitely have a handle on the over-the-top aesthetic that the Brave fans would want to see. Bones would be another good choice. They're founded by ex-Sunrise staff and have been trying off-and-on to create a US hit for a long time.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Heliblade

Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

What kind of plot would you guys aim for?

I'd have it be post-war on Earth, with a core cast of rookie original characters and dozens of veteran classic characters in supporting/guest roles. The pilot could start off with a flashback of Optimus defeating Megatron (gotta keep those trademarks), then it cuts to decades in the future. There would be some sort of Decepticon resurgence with wannabe leaders like Overlord and Deathsaurus competing, then down along the line Galvatron comes along.

Just a rough outline that I'm throwing out there.

• Like Like x 4