Do We Want Another Transformers Anime?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Heliblade, May 13, 2017.

?

What Studio Should Make A Transformers Anime?

Poll closed May 19, 2017.
  1. Sunrise

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. Aniplex

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. Production I.G

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Funimation

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  5. Other

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. Heliblade

Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

G1 and Beast Wars had plenty of full-on anime sequels, but those were very kiddy and forgettable. RID 2001 was ok, but definitely not one of the greats. The Unicron Trilogy was a huge wasted opportunity and we all know it. And let's not even talk about Go!

We need a REAL Transformers anime. I'm talking a proper, A-list anime with a mature plot, insane fight scenes, and most of all a sense of dignity that years down the line we can look back fondly on. Wishful thinking, yes, but a guy can hope.

• Like Like x 2
  2. JoshFinn

JoshFinn Getting real sick of your shit starscream

So this is just a G1 and beast wars is superior and every other show after sucks thread?

Also we don't need an edgy transformers series with a "mature plot" or "insane fight scenes"

• Like Like x 3
  3. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    If someone was to make a Transformers anime I'd like to see the company that tackled Attack on Titan to handle it. Definitely would make the fights on the colossal scale (Fights between or against Gestalts & City-Bots for example) more interesting IMO. And I'd like to see another TF show tackle a large cast like G1 so a new TF anime is where I'd like to see it fall to.

• Like Like x 4
  4. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Density is strong in this one :D 

Back on topic: All they had to do is fix the couple issues Prime had as a series and provide it with a proper sequel. But nooooooooooooooooo.

• Like Like x 7
  5. grindcore138

grindcore138 Handsome like an F-22

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I'd definitely be interested to see a Transformers anime that's aimed at a slightly older audience. As for which studio I think should handle it, I'm gonna say Bones.
    Ideally it'd have a similar tone to FMAB. Mature doesn't have to mean grimdark after all. Maybe give it a Junior High spinoff instead of a second season being made/released in a timely fashion for some reason. Optimus and Megatron are the principle and vice principle, naturally.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Heliblade

Watch your mouth, buster. Animated and Aligned were awesome.

• Like Like x 4
  7. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

I don't particularly care if the next series is an anime or not. As long as the dubbing is handled competently, the writing is solid, and the characters are enjoyable, I'll love it.

• Like Like x 8
  8. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Hollo!

I'd love a story where the Matrix of Leadership crash landed and endowed a group of fourteen year old girls with the Power of the Primes.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Venixion

Venixion So-Cal Girl

News Credits:
    I dunno. How good was the first one?

10. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Wanna touch things I don't feel

News Credits:
    Isn't the whole point of anime is, like, it's an original story? Like, some story cooked up and given life in Japan?

Transformers has become an extremely Western thing. Yes, it exists in Japan but there's no longer anything uniquely Japanese about the toys. An anime wouldn't suit Transformers at all. Transformers already has plot, mature themes, violence, and awesome fights, if you know where to look.

An anime would feel like a parody. Or, as Galvatron would put it, bad comedy.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Robert Snoke

Robert Snoke Well-Known Member

sorry but it is impossible for Sunrise to make a TF series as they are now fully aligned with Bandai, they have given up Takara based products since GaoGaiGar FINAL,

a perfect alternate route might be Studio Trigger as during their Gainax days they made good looking mecha (& somehow manages to creep into Little Witch Academia) with shows like Gurren Lagann & that infamous Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt episode with the TF parody titled 'Transhomer' with hilariously full-of-effort cool looking character designs despite just being a parody.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Disagree.
    And i am fairly certain he shares your view seeing he didn't take the time to diss those shows like he did the UT or Go!.
    I hope we never get a repeat of the fanservice we got in animated and aligned.
    If we get something that wants to take itself more serious, fine.
    I'm not particularly hoping for it.
    BUT if it wants to take itself more serious it better hold itself to a high bar and not just be some show about the biggest fanfavs fighting each other to bombastic music and dark scenery.
    It better be creative, actually do something with the numerous great designs and character concepts in this franchise that are not OP or Starscream and have more than 10 characters appearing regularly and call that a war.

13. Ampere

Ampere One bolt shy

Personally, no. I'm sort of over Anime and it being hailed as Japan's gift to the world of animation. I really don't think being animated by an A-list studio would make any difference in how it's handled. The only thing that would mean is that it would have a bit bigger budget and better animation, if that studio even wants to put that much money and effort towards something that's not an original series or something based off of a popular Manga.

Also, Funimation isn't an animation studio. The only thing they do is license, distribute, and usually dub anime for North America.

• Like Like x 2
  14. RADimus prime

RADimus prime not so well known member just known

Way to take the high road bud. Welcome to TFW2005 Not everyone here is a dick

15. Heliblade

Look in the mirror, pal.

16. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No.

The anime Transformers (released in the US/Canada) haven't been that good. The ones most people consider the best were written by western writers.

• Like Like x 4
  17. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

Personally, I don't want my Transformers to be "mature"/PG-13. I love the lighter tone of Beast Wars II and Car Robots/Robots in Disguise.

Part of me would say yes, I want another anime Transformers series. But then I remember that I stopped keeping up with anime after everything went CGI. I miss the good ol' days of cell frame painted animation. What I especially miss most of all is blocky bots with noses and no eyebrows.

• Like Like x 4
  18. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The guy that taught Megatron everything he knows TFW2005 Supporter

Wouldn't mind seeing the creative minds behind Gundam Wing & Endless Waltz take a crack at a Transformers show. Think that would be cool.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Mr JackatooTM

Mr JackatooTM I'm a Colossal boi

News Credits:
    Google+:
    What this dude said.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

I can imagine MtMtE being handed to the people who do Avatar or Voltron. It seems like the same tone.

• Like Like x 6