Do we need "Mech"?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by LordShockwave, Aug 31, 2011.

1. LordShockwave

LordShockwave Harold of Power.

News Credits:
    I hate mech. really do. I think its episode-filler garbage. I mean it just adds to the focusing on humans to much. Just whenever i see them in an episode i normally turn it off. I want to hear from the decepticons! not "mech"
    What do you guys think?

2. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    Mech?

Meh.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like them. It adds spice to the conflict, it shows humans get involved in more ways than just random casualties to please nerds who think humans should all die in a show that happens on Earth.

4. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    I like MECH--human villians that are actually tolerable.

5. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prior to episode 23, they were the villains I was most excited about. That's because they're the one's buiding power. And I am interested in what they're planning with the knowledge they've gained regarding Cybertronian physiology as well as its effects on them and the entire earth.

6. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Are you kidding? So far M.E.C.H. is the best part of Prime. They seem to be more organized group the the Decepticons right now. Human villain doesn't always mean "Filler" unless you're seriously trying to compare an actual threat to the likes of Professor Princess.

I'm not really liking Prime too much overall but I still watch it just because it's Transformers and any episode M.E.C.H. appears in has been great. It's really difficult to write a human villain that can actually pose a threat to a giant robot and these guys actually pull it off really well.

I also really loved Meltdown from Animated but all the other villains in that series were crap.

7. meirelle

meirelle Sea of Shelfwarmers

I like MECH. I'm kind of sick of all the "why are there humans in this story that takes place on Earth where humans are the dominant species" crap.

8. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Yes, we need Mech

9. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Yep. Just Autobots vs. Decepticons can get dull.

10. DarkRobin

DarkRobin Well-Known Member

Well, the answer to that question really depends on the ways you like at it.

As a TF fans, I think human villains are not really necessary. It's makes it as if humans can't deal with their own evil. But then again, humans helping Autobots to defeat the Decepticons make Autobots weak doesn't it?

One of the main concepts of this series is to show that how similar humans and Transformers/Cybertronians are. The concepts introduced in the movies series.

As Optimus put it, MECH are basically "Decepticons in human skins" with Silas being human version of Megatron as he believes in the same ideology in acquiring advanced technology that Megatron did when he started the war on Cybertron.

So, MECH is essential in a way to the series, but I don't enjoy them much. I am however interested in seeing Megatron and Silas having a conversation. I wonder how many insults or arrogant comments these full-of-ego villains can trade with each other. And if Silas can impress Megatron at all.

11. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

till now they aren't bad, but I need to see more of them to say if they are or not needed :p 

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sure--why not? Why have a show in which the humans sit back and do nothing while aliens have a war on their world.

13. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

to me anyway mech strikes me as being the transformers prime universe counterpart to the idw transformers comic universe's MACHINATION or the idw movieverse INIATIVE

14. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    While I won't be their biggest fan, I like the fact that there's a human "faction" as Optimus put it.. they are Decepticons in human skin. I think they're creepy and Silas obviously intends to kill at least one bot or con, (unless he somehow manages to get Cybertech without dismantling/killing anybot) it should be interesting to see how the writers make that happen...so I'm willing to wait and see.

15. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    They're the shattered glass NEST! ¡¿whats wrong with you?!

16. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only way MECH could be better is if Professor Princess was their leader.

17. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, they're human villains that are actually good and feel like a real threat/third faction. I like the background story with them trying to create their own transformer.

18. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    Have to agree, mech is the only human based villains in a transformers series that are actually a believable enemy. Prior to their introduction it was hard to swallow a human as a legitimate threat to a Transformers but, IDW and Prime changed that for the better. Sorry not a fan of Dr. Archvile, Angry Archer, or Lord Chummily, for me they are just silly.

This^

19. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mech's fine with me.
    I want to see Silas and Megatron's meeting.

20. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

I appreciate the show efforts to make humans more than annoyance/extras in the autobot-decepticon conflict. MECH has showed enough levels of competence to make it a rising threat. I hope the creators find a way to do the same for the kids companions (the starcraft marine suit seems a nice idea for me).