Do we miss Teletraan in the movies?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Hand Of Omega, Aug 10, 2009.

?

Teletraan - should the movies feature him?

1. Yes, Teletraan should be introduced into the movies.

40 vote(s)
    37.4%
  2. No, Teletraan should be left out of the movies.

27 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. Don't mind either way.

40 vote(s)
    37.4%
  1. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

I have pondering this ever since I saw the first film. No Ark, no Teletraan, no Space Bridge.
    I still find it a tad sad that they haven't been worked in, at least Teletraan.
    I'm sure Teletraan could be built by Ratchet (or Wheeljack if he ever shows) in a central Autobot HQ, even if its only a giant datatbase that holds TF knowledge and can perform certain tasks only a Cybertronian computer can do - locate space bridges, TF activity etc.
    Would Teletraan be welcome or is it too late to worry about it?

2. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    There's no need for Teletraan now that there's the internet.

3. Hand Of Omega

Teletraan could perform many functions that the internet just simply can't. It was a jack of all trades.

4. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Actually we get a badly used hint at the Space Bridge with Jetfire transporting the lot of them to Egypt suddenly. Beyond that, yeah, it might as well not be in the movie at all.

Yes! Yes! Yes! YES! YES!

5. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Who cares. What point would it even have? I just think it be pretty worthless

6. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

it wouldnt be highlit (highlighted?) if it was.

7. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    There's no need for Teletran.

8. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Soundwave in RoTF acts as a Decepticon counterpart to Teletraan all by himself. An Autobot communications and surveillance operative (like maybe Blaster?) could fill the role of Teletraan without the need for a big alien mainframe. Even such an agent would hardly be necessary with the human military side of NEST already serving the same function. Teletraan would be a nice bit of nostalgia, but it would be pretty hard to find an excuse for its inclusion, and probably not worth the effort.

9. Hand Of Omega

I see your point. Maybe it opens up another possibility though, that Teletraan could be a TF? A sort of supreme intelligence gatherer? Blaster would be good, but Teletraan would be like a go anywhere intelligence platform, perhaps amalgamating NEST and other TF related intel on the move?
    A roving base above the clouds or something - like this:

[​IMG]

That is of course the UNIT 'Valiant' from Doctor Who, but something of the like, a roving TF/NEST base called Teletraan that could have an alt mode of some sort, not necessarily a giant robot, maybe a ground platform.

10. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd definitely like to see Teletraan used in some respect in the Bayverse. I doubt it'll happen though. Bay probably hates Teletraan-1.

11. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

I'd welcome Teletraan as it might take some focus off the stupid human characters Bay seems determined to bring the movies down with.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Depends. Do the Autobots have a ship still out in space like featured in the prequel novel to the first film? I'd assume Teletraan would be on there. The ship could always crash to Earth and Teletraan and the ship salvaged and made into an Autobot City of some kind. Teletraan could then run the city. A city casually referred to as Metroplex. Could be some nice friction between the Autobots and the humans as the Transformers set up their first permanent public base on our planet.

13. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I haven't missed Teletraan inthemovies but unless the autobots brought in a ship or constructed a base Teletraan just can be brought in, i suppose its possible it could be a Cybertronian/ Human hybrid tech super computer built at NEST hq

14. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

In all honesty, I don't like the idea. I'm really digging the fact that the Autobots and Decepticons create impromptu bases as needed (the Observatory in TF1, Megs and Starscream atop the skyscraper in ROTF, etc...) with a "home base" they're barely at. I like seeing how these gigantic robots are in their giant robot form and they still manage to hide from us :) .

15. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I can't say that I've missed the computer. There might be a need for it in TF3 though as we have seen Soundwave's ability to hack into the "secure" NEST systems. Time for a super-cool Autobot technology upgrade of the systems to prevent any further Decepticon shenanigans.

16. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    ^ There's the perfect 'in' on perhaps why Teletraan would be needed for the next movie. :) 
    The humans have had their communications systems disrupted by Decepticons in both movies now. Time to do away with that and this is an easy (and fan nod) way to do it.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It would be cool but pretty hard to work in this far into the series.

Teletran could have conveyed information to Sam or other human characters without having to blow the budget on a robot doing the part thus providing more time for things from Cybertron. Plus NEST and the Autobots operating out the Ark would have been so much more visually appealing than the rather blah military base they based the team on.

Maybe it's something they can do if we ever get a reboot down the road somewhere, but the more movies we get the harder it will be since people would say if they had space ship why did they have to hitch a flight all the time with the humans.

18. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Which is why I suggested it be damaged beyond repair to being flight capable and so they salvage what they can to build a base of some kind.
    Could've been abandoned in orbit before Optimus and co came down in TF1 and gravity finally pulled it down by TF3.

19. Sprungprime

Sprungprime Member

The real question is if teletran is used; should he be designed by humans with transformer tech knowledge or should the arc crash onto earth and teletran be located on the ship?

20. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I still think its remarkable that the Transformers dont have a home at all in the movies or a base of operations that looks like they would live in it. They were in a hangar how could that be ok they just stay parked all day occasionally walk around to talk on a video conference that they arent allowed to show the bots on anyway.

Teletran would make perfect sense to have a ship with a personality or intelligence that rivals all. Hell its like just because we have legs we dont want to walk everywhere we go. Just because you have brain doesnt mean you know everythings ( im sure there is a joke about tf2 in there somewhere ). No matter how you slice it Teletran can easily be done.

Just make it a living AI that the TF's construct to manage all the things they dont have time or even accuracy to do. Hell im thinking the ark still has to be out there since we all know the TWINS couldnt have found their way to earth if they cant even read. lol ( god they suck lol ).

Lets get this straight right now. These movies are not about you me and the other million fans of the TF's prior to the big screen its more about BAY and what he wants likes hates or just plain doesnt care about. This idea about Teletran 1 to you me and everybody with 2 cents worth of thought makes complete sense for how it could be done but in the Bayverse it will never happen.