Do we know the ages of the transformers in Transformers: Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by StarryAqua, May 14, 2011.

1. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    I would like to know exactly how long the members of Team Prime have been alive, if we even know at all--I just don't know the right places to research. I heard rumors that Arcee is about only 100 years old, but if we were to follow WFC, it would be millions. Does anyone have any accurate info, if it exists?

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Don't trust WFC to be relevant to Prime.

I hope they aren't ridiculously old. Optimus I'd like to be maybe 2,000. Ratchet 2,500-1,500. Arcee should be 700ish. Bulkhead 600ish. R2-Bee2 should be 100-200.

3. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    In episode 6 Starscream mentioned that he "studied for millenia under Megatron" or something like that. So if it's not just a figure of speech, they are ridiculously old. And since Starscream knew about Skyquake's existence from 'legends', Megs is probably even more ridiculously old.

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Studied for millennia could mean as little as 2,000 years (a millennia is plural of millennium). So Starscream could be say 2,300 years old and have spent nearly all that time at Megatron's side.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Older than our planet. All of them. Usual Transformers.

6. Epsilon

Epsilon Autobot Archivist

lol, what a way to spend 2,300 years!

7. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I think Transformers probabely have a life span of about 5,000-10,000 years at the most. Hell, humans could start living that long with a little genetic tweaking. It's coming. Scientists are learning what makes humans age and if they learn enough, they could stop and maybe even reverse the process so you just cruise along at age 30 for a long time.

8. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I always thought that Transformers were immortals [immortal to natural causes, that is], they only really start to look "old" [Beard and declining physical shape] when they spend too much time without Energon [Like Movie-verse Jetfire].

And as they lack hormones, their personality ages differently from ours [thus why Bumblebee still a youngling even after CENTURIES as a soldier], their maturing depends on their minds only.

9. Epsilon

While scientifically speaking, such an advancement would be a monumental achievement indeed (we're talking about re-defining and altering humanity itself here) mentally and emotionally, to exist for such a long period of time would be an equally monumental burden. With the TFP Optimus and Megatron, I do get the feeling that both are bearing the weight of their existence/ experiences. That is to say that with both of these characters I am given the impression that they've been at this a long time, for sure toward the 2,000-3,000 mark. I agree with you Spunky, if their life span is indeed in the 5,000-10,000 range then that would make them indeed old, but not by any means ancient--Not like Bay's incarnations, which for whatever reason always have struck me as a ridiculously long, long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away archaic (sorry George Lucas) --Which would also mean, without any resolution in sight, they're going to still be going at it for quite some time.

As for the other bots, like Ratchet, 'Screamer, Soundwave I see being older but not as old as Prime or Megs. I believe during the five parter Ratchet makes a comment that reflects this perception. It's when they go to fight the zombies and Optimus is relating to Ratchet some of their battle history, at the end of which Ratchet remarks that "for the first time I had hoped you[ Prime] were wrong." This would imply Ratchet hadn't been around, or at least hadn't joined up with Optimus yet.

R2Bee2 is definitely the baby-bot of the group, with I think Arcee and Bulkhead being somewhere in between R2Bee2 and Ratchet.

Just my :2c:  :thumbs2: 

10. Epsilon

Ooo, I really like your theory of how their maturity isn't dependent on any sort of physicality but rather only on their minds/ emotion, and how they only age when they're energon deprived :thumbs2: 

11. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    I find the whole "They're all millions of years old" notion weird and absurd.

12. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Thank you.

13. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I generally rank the age order of the Autobots thus (from eldest to youngest): Optimus, Ratchet, Arcee, Bulkhead, BB.

It's possible Ratchet and Optimus and Arcee and Bulkhead may be of similar ages. And whilst I believe the age gap between Optimus and Arcee is probably quite large, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Arcee may actually be older than we think.

Alternatively, another theory might be that Cybertronians are born in 'generational' batches as opposed to anytime. So Optimus and Ratchet could be of the eldest generation of the group, Arcee and Bulkhead could be from the generation following them, and BB could be from the most recent generation batch. Or maybe Optimus, Ratchet, Arcee and Bulkhead could be from one generation and thus technically be the same physical age, whilst BB was born in the generation after them.

I generally work on this thinking too. Additionally, signs of 'ageing' can also be brought about by natural wear and tear, damage left improperly repaired for a while and if parts aren't replaced or upgraded.

If Cybertronian bodies are well-maintained, psychological maturity may be the best way to judge a Cybertronian's 'age' then.

14. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I think Oracles on the money here. But if they were humans, well here's what I think.

Optimus would be in his forties or fifties.
    Ratchet around the same, but I'm leaning more towards forties.
    Arcee would be in her older twenties.
    Bulkhead in his twenties.
    Bumblebee about 16 - 20.
    Cliffjumper in his older twenties as well.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Prime- late 50's
    Ratchet- mid 50's
    Bulkhead- Mid 30's
    Wheeljack- same as Bulkhead
    Arcee- mid-late 20's
    Bumblebee- earliy 20's.
    Cliffjumper- mid 30's

Megatron- mid 50's
    Starscream- early 40's
    Soundwave- I dunno he has no age really.
    Knockout- mid 20's
    Breakdown - early 30's
    Airachnid- early 30's
    Skyquake- early 40's.

This is just my random guess.

16. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

The Transformers have been around for millions of years. WFC IS in continuity with Prime, as much as I hate to say it, and it says that the game takes place 4 million years ago.

17. Tyrant

Tyrant Zombie

I personally don't have issues believing Transformers could last for millions of years. A part gives out, they get it replaced. In some cases, they get entirely new bodies and their physical lifespan essentially starts all over again. I think they're basically immortal, just not invulnerable. Their perception of time would be different than ours as such. We balk at a multi-million year lifespan even in a fictional universe because it's difficult to comprehend, yet to a creature that lives that long, it would feel to them what our mere 80-something years feels like to us.

18. Wadeledge

Wadeledge Wrecker

That's kind of what I always thought. For example in the movie-verse the entire trilogy probably feels like it passed in the blink of an eye to the Transformers, whilst years have passed to the humans!

I think ages of the main TFs in order from oldest to youngest are: Megatron, Optimus, Skyquake, Ratchet, Starscream, Soundwave, Cliffjumper, Knock-Out, Breakdown, Bulkhead, Wheeljack, Arcee, Bumblebee

With Cliff, Knock-Out, Breakdown, Bulkhead, WJ and Arcee all being relatively close in age within a few thousand(!) years of each other!