Do we know.... (pre order related)

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Demonss, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If each of the retailers that are listed on their preorder page will get an exclusive playable character?

Because I'm holding out to pre-order until I figure out what everyone is getting.. Shockwave is Cool, but there's a few other tfs out there that I'd definitely preorder their version they were playable..

We're getting close to release I need to know where to preorder! :) 

2. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans.../300128-exclusive-content-news-4-12-10-a.html

The official WFC page says on their pre-order site to pre-order from the linked retailers for exclusive content, so yes. I think they're all getting characters, though content could be maps, weapons or whatever. Seeing that 8 stores were chosen and two of the 8 are Decepticons, I think we're going to see an even split (4 Autobots and 4 Decepticons); the store, after all, is split...

3. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Yeah I think Transformed is correct. I just hope the codes are able to be used indefinitely, like some other games have done in the past. If we could get them all online then the playing field would be leveled instead of someone always wining because they chose a different character to preorder instead of the rest of us.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'd be surprised if most, if not all, of the other retailers with pre-orders up didn't have either an exclusive character or something similar (maps or weapons).

Even if there is an exclusive character for pre-order that I'm really interested in getting, I doubt I'd be able to get it anyways. I'm not sure if its' just Gamestop, or if it's like this for all pre-order incentives of this nature, but it looks as though those pre-ordering the game for PC, DS, or Wii won't be getting Shockwave. Only one's on Gamestop's website with the bonus thing on their page are the 360 and PS3 editions of the game.

5. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Renegade

News Credits:
    I'm right there with you man. I'd love to be able to play as Shockwave in multi-player on my PC.

6. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    On the PC, I'm sure someone will crack and unlock the models within 2 days of it's release.

7. Demonss

News Credits:
    Well That's what I was assuming for the pre-order info..
    I just need some release info soon so I can make a decision!!

Just incase you can't unlock them all.. :p 

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I don't think so, since only Shockwave and Demolisher are featured. I think that's just quick links to sites that carry the game for pre-order at this point.

9. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its probably going to be relaesed as DLC anyway so i'm probably going to stick with shockwave

10. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Renegade

News Credits:
    That's what I'm praying for.

11. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Here's what you do.

1) Pre-Order at every retailer
    2) Pick up ever game and bonus character
    3) Return 7 of the copies unopened for a full refund the next day saying you weren't feeling it.

MASTER PLAN FTW :ev: 

12. Demonss

News Credits:
    Hahah..
    Brilliant..
    Unless tehy did what ghostbusters did and put the redemption code in the box.. :) 

13. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

I would doubt it. With multiple releases, they will probably seal up the box then give it to the people so you have to get it FROM the people selling the game.

Come to think of it... I didn't even get my Golden Optimus Prime or Megatron codes from GameStop.... I just got them off of the Internet. And I pre-ordered too.

What a shame :( 

14. DinobotGrimlock

DinobotGrimlock Well-Known Member

Is it just me or does it look like Jazz will only be a preorder character? It looks like he is next to shock wave on the site's preorder link.

15. Demonss

News Credits:

I can't tell if that's jazz or drift.. But that's what i'm waiting to find out.. If it's jazz I want to preorder there..

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It definitely appears to be the Jazz design, but it could just be thrown in there for contrast. Going off of the color scheme on it, eh, I honestly think it could be someone else. Just doesn't seem like Jazz without some blue stripes on him somewhere.

Also, we've seen that his body design is one of the options for the Scout class in the create your own bot feature for multiplayer. Seems, to me at least, that the pre-order characters have not only their own/exclusive color schemes, but also their own/exclusive body designs too. Would seem slightly odd if you could just create the same exact thing on your own if it's meant to be a pre-order exclusive.

I'd be extremely surprised if Drift showed up in some form in this game at some point. It's most definitely Jazz's design.

17. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I think it's more like:

1) Preorder wherever
    2) Input the code from that retailer's exclusive
    3) Search the net for the other codes which will undoubtedly appear on GameFAQs within a few hours of release.

18. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Jazz is a preorder character....WTF?!?!?!? I hope they use universal codes cause I want to play him and demolisher. But I'm satisfied with shockwave.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Jazz is not a pre-order character. If he was, we would have been told. He's just part of the little picture. Nowhere on the site' pre-order page does it say Jazz is a pre-order exclusive character.

20. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Then why is he next to shockwave in the preorder section? It just doesn't make sence I hope your right though.