Do TRU Express stores get TF store exclusives?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Avengers, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Avengers

Avengers Banned

I'm wondering if my local TRU express store that is 8 miles away one way. will be getting any MP Optimus,FE & asian market TF store exclusives this year.

I realize most TRU express stores are temporary just for the Christams buying months. My TRU Express store opened up on May & will close after Christmas is over.

Has anyone's TRU Express store thru the previous years. Ever received TF store exclusives.

I already have the TRU MP Thundercracker thanks to the TRU.COM listing.
    So this isn't another MP Thundercracker thread.

2. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Not as many. Off hand, the only exclusive I can remember seeing (not that I frequent the Express stores much) was the Animated Deluxes at the one nearest me.

3. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last couple years all the TRU expresses that opened around here were chocked full of all the overstock and old stuff and junk they couldn't sell at the regular TRUs.

-ZacWilliam, which made them even more like KBToys than they already seemed...

4. Avengers

Avengers Banned

I Suspect this is why my other local TRU express store from Two years ago. stocked the TRU TF store exclusives of animated Rodimus & Ironhide. Because they were over stock the regular TRU stores couldn't sell fast enough.

5. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the one here hasn't gotten as many, no mps at all no unicron

6. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

If your opened in May, you're lucky. Mine only opens around November in the mall and closes right after December. They only stay if the express store can make a lot of money in their current locations.

7. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Punched a squirrel.

News Credits:
    So... do they just rent for two months of the year? Use the rented room for storage the other ten months of the year? I mean, if they're not renting the room for two months, how can they be certain that a mall will have a spot the following year?

8. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Nothing is ever sure, but most malls in recent years have had at least one or two open spaces/failed businesses at any given time. I know there are always Christmas shops, haunted houses, Halloween stores, etc that pop up at the malls around me.

9. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    They just rent the space for a short period. It makes sense, because normally, toy sales are at their highest during the holiday period, and flounder most of the year. It doesn't make sense for them to use it for storage without sales. As for the uncertainty, that's a gamble they're willing to take, since as some other posters mentioned, a lot of malls have some spaces free at almost any given time. As long as it's within an area where they feel comfortable opening and project making a profit, they'll take it, doesn't have to be the same exact spot. Now if the sales are through the roof, they'll probably consider extending.