Do the Target Titaniums come with stands?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Solrac333, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I got the Optimus Prime Titanium and I like him but I thought they were supposed to come with stands.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Nope. Optimus Prime, Hot Zone, and Thrust do not come with the stands like the previous Titanium figures did. If they did, they would cost even more than they do already.

3. Solrac333

Ebay:
    Phew! Thanks. I thought I was missing something.

4. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have Thrust and Hot Zone and they don't include stands. TBH, I'm glad they don't, since I never used the stands for display and hate having to store the things.

5. Makxsh1mum

Makxsh1mum Well-Known Member

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but figured i shouldn't start a new one - what do you guys think of the titaniums? I was at target and saw exactly the ones you mentioned: thrust and hot zone. Are they worth buying? Definitely have a good heft to them, but from the pics on the box, it's hard to tell how they look in real life. I looked through the feedback forum but didn't see anything on those 2.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I think they look really good. The price is still a bit hard to swallow, but it does make sense. Their paint apps look quite good, and the molding seems to still be good. Thrust is really the only one I would like to get, tbh, as I my Classics Decepticons are sorely lacking a Thrust. I still think that Hasbro will eventually produce their own versions of the Henkei molds of Dirge and Thrust, but it's hard to say when they'll do it. Could easily be more than a year from now.

7. Solrac333

Ebay:
    I like them. To me, they are like if G1 toys were made today if that makes any sense. Not as posable as the classics line but they look great displayed. Simple transformation, like G1.

Here's what I noticed with my friends who don't collect at all. I'll show them a classics figure and a titanium figure. They like the titaniums better. They don't buy or collect but I still find it interesting.

8. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    YouTube - Titanium Universe Transformers and some ROC Joes

I did a video with a brief look at Hot Zone, Thrust and WW Prime, though I used my open WW Magnus to show the floppiness of the joints.

There's also some Joe stuff in there later but you can just stop watching then.

9. Makxsh1mum

Makxsh1mum Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Interesting. I didn't even see the price tag on them, but noticed target had a bunch of them on the endcap. Thrust does look interesting. I'll check out your vid soon. thanks!

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I saw all three in person, and as expected I only really like Hot Zone, but for $20 and no stand with him, I'm personaly not wanting him. Maybe if he goes down in price I might bite, but money is tight for me right now, so I might now get him.

11. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thrust is the only one I got. Hot Spot from the Titanium RID Prime seems a little off to me and I have no interest in another Titanium WWI Prime mold especially since it isn't that much different from the original. As a Nemesis Prime I may have bite.