Do the non-set Botcon items show up on TFCCs store usually?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CodeXCDM, May 1, 2012.

1. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Topic. Also... would they be sold at a similar price to what was offered at the show, or with a considerable markup?

I'd be interested in getting Kick-off (Kick-Over), but really, aside from a Junkion pit thread where someone (sold it quickly) for only 60$... I've yet to see a deal as nice as that...

Surely don't feel like paying an eBayer 90-100$ for the figure... (At least not those whose auctions show they grabbed like 10+) Darn sure I don't wanna pay TFS/BBTS 185$ for the set with SG OP as I've no interest in him... then again the price. =/

Edit: I get that Botcon can be an expensive thing... and folks try to make up for it by selling figures they aren't interested in, but get since they know they can resell for more... Was primarily curious if TFCC normally keeps a few of the non-set items for store sale, or it's only when they don't sell out in the convention... Tho tbh if anyone had a 60$ Kick-off I would be interested...(maybe add a Lugnut/Grappel to the deal?)

2. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    keep dreaming.

everyone that attended the convention paid alot of $$ to get there and alot of time waiting in line to buy the convention add on sets and i will more than guarantee that 99.93% of them will feel that $10 is not really going to rightly justify that time and effort spent there to acquire these items.

3. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    They didn't cost $10 in the first place. Kick-Off + SG OP was $95 at the Club Store.

There's no way in hell a seller's going to lose $85 of their money just so you get a toy.

EDIT: Did you mean $100?

4. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    what you don't know how to read or comprehend sentences?

the OP was asking if anyone that went to the botcon would mind selling a set $10 over what they cost....and then i responded...what part of that do you not understand...folks that spent the $$$ and time to get there and buy the stuff it they are going to resell it are probably going to want to get more than $10 for their time.

5. CodeXCDM

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well one person apparently sold it for 60$... didn't mean that to be the defacto price... unless say TFCC did have extras on sale in their site.

Sorry I didn't articulate the post better. Tho tbh it'd be sweet to get it for around 60$... but right... I'll keep dreaming >_>). (Maybe I can trade for Lugnut/Grappel to lower the cost?)

I get that going to the Con itself is a considerable expense. 20$-30$ more than what they paid for the figure is reasonable for a person that went there and just wants to make up for the ticket cost.

I'll try to reword my first post...

6. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    yeah but what i am trying to say is it took more than 5 or 10 minutes of folks standing in line to get this stuff...and your $20 above cost is probably unrealistic...most folks are selling one TF from a set for $70 and up, and that is for a set that contained 2 or 3 toys and retailed $80 to $100.

look at ebay and then maybe 75% of the cost of a item on ebay you might find someone who would part with it at that amount of $$$..

i don't think you are going to have luck with offering $20 over cost for a set.

7. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was a guy who had like 8 kickoffs for $78 shipped,
    You shoulda jumped on that.
    at this point your better off waiting and hoping the value settles but it's not likely

Also I saw that kickoff and op sold out at the con as well as the junkions but did octopunch ever sell out at the con?

8. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    I was the guy who bought kick-off for $60. It was a case of the seller wanting to unload his unwanted figures as quickly as possible, but also being EXTREMELY cool and understanding of other collectors and not wanting to rape other board members. All he wanted was SG Prime, so in essence he only paid for Prime. The seller wasn't looking to make money, just cover expenses, which is much different than trying to make a profit. Those types of collectors I am find are for the most part few and far between, and understandable with Botcon figures.

9. CodeXCDM

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TBH I'd be surprised if Octopunch sold... while I like the HFTD Seaspray mold, it seems folks here on the board didn't. Also, this Pretender only got the repaint treatment, unlike Metalhawk who at least got a new head...

And damn... if I saw it for 78$ shipped, I'd probably have bought it... lol.

Congrats. It reminds me of a few months back when I got a "repaired" Ultra Magnus AND Skywarp pair for 40$ shipped. I don't think I've ever seen Skywarp sell under that on eBay, let alone the pair sold for under $80.

Guess I'll keep an eye out...

10. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    Thanks, it was just a case of right place, right time, and my Pm just got there first. Just wait for a few weeks because most of the sets on ebay right now for the SG prime/kick-off two pack. You'll start to see them getting split up because someone wants one not the other etc.