Do Reprostickers Lower Defender Value

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tampalicious, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

ede

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Probably.

3. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    what value? the thing hasnt been out for a year yet so how can u really decide a value?

4. Tampalicious

eed

5. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    im being an asshole?

no sir. i just think its hard to decide a value on something that just came out not too long ago. how would anyone know the want for that figure down the road? its a gamble either way. there are a lot of figures that comeout ppl think will bank down the road and end up not bringing in what the original price was.

unless youre saying youre going to sell it within the year then sure 60 would be fine i guess.

or maybe i am misunderstanding you, if you mean like in 5 years thats what my initial response was.

sorry man, wasnt being an asshole.

6. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, to stay on topic, they are just stickers dude. You could easily wipe them off if/when that day comes and nobody would know except you.

Reprolabels won't damage your figure and my Warbot already has them applied.

7. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I am with Deceptigar on this what this figure will be worth has yet to be established on the secondary market and it may indeed take a few months or more for enough to come up on Ebay and such to give us an accurate gauge of value.

so no sir your being the asshole not Deceptigar. no call for getting nasty when he gives you an answer and you don't like it.

As for the sticker it might slightly hurt the value but only to those who want it mint in Box, most who display it will display it as Springer and the autobot sticker won't bother them a bit.

8. Tampalicious

e
    ee

9. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light TFW2005 Supporter

Dude please calm down..
    You're taking this way too personal..

I dont see the harm in adding the stickers since it will make the figure more accurate to Springer.
    In fact Im pretty sure someone would easily pay 98+$ for it due to those stickers.
    Its all about finding the person willing enough to pay the price man.

10. SpicyRichter

SpicyRichter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Woah, why are you being so sensitive?

Like everyone says, you can take stickers off before you resell it, so just do that.

11. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I would have loved to buy one with reprolables already applied.

12. Biotoakid

Biotoakid I've never been wrong

News Credits:
    Dude, Deceptigars my bro from anotha ho, he ain't no asshole. (No offense to Deceptigar on joke)

I'd say it honestly depends. It hasn't been out long enough to tell

13. primenemesis

primenemesis Banned

Ebay:
    its a question that i think about quite a bit, i love reprolabels got em on my classics hot rod and my alternator Hound, in my opinion they hype it up. so to me they only make it better (if its a good sticker sheet that maps well on the figure).

But do other people think like me? I think that's pretty much the question were being asked here. what's the general opinion on repro's on TF's

14. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

:lol  That's pure gold right there.

Just put the stickers on. No one is going to care. The people that might care are probably MISB collectors who wouldn't be buying yours anyway.

15. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Bro from another ho, lol. That's great.

Repro stuff comes off easily. I go crazy slappin symbols on all my tfs and when I sell, I take em off.

16. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    No offense, but you are the one calling people names (hopefully through a misunderstanding of what the guy was trying to state). If you want to take your ball and leave, do it.

On the topic, it is a very new product, and readily availible reprolabels will not enhance/detract from the value significantly at all in either direction since they are both easy to obtain and easy to remove. If you are only doing it to increase the value right now for a sale, I wouldn't bother, or better yet, I would order them and just advertise that you have the reprolabel sheet. I think most of the collector types are pretty particular about how straight their stickers are (no matter how much time someone else spends on applying them). This can be seen in people's comments on the TRU Perceptor to the Seacon reissue. You could probably get a few bucks extra from someone who doesn't want to take the time and effort to order reprolabels for it.

In the future, it all depends on if reprolabels continues to carry the stickers, but even then, I don't think that they are that big of a draw that they would add much to the value of the toy 10 years down the line.

17. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    If you think the stickers will make the figure better, go for it and put them on. The figure is for you and nobody else at the moment.

I wouldn't worry about resale value at all on a figure I wanted. If someone wants a figure bad enough, they will pay for it regardless of a sticker.

18. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Tampalicious, you asked for opinions, people gave them. No one here is being an asshole. You have to take into consideration that people will have different opinions that you may or may not agree with before you start a thread asking for said opinions.

19. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Dunno about price value but they sure as hell boost his coolness value.

20. Biotoakid

Biotoakid I've never been wrong

News Credits:
    Simple. As. THAT