Do people like RID2015?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Hotshotprime43, May 4, 2017.

?

Do YOU like RID2015

1. Yes I like/love/enjoy it

105 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. meh whatever

80 vote(s)
    35.6%
  3. No I hate/dislike it

40 vote(s)
    17.8%
  1. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire BUMBLEBEE MUST DIE!

News Credits:
    I voted "meh whatever". I don't watch the show. I just like a couple of the toys.

Uh....no you don't! I tried multiple times but could never get past the first couple episodes of Beast Machines & I never even bothered to watch Armada.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Norm West

Norm West Well-Known Member

It's so anoying.

3. CloudFF7

CloudFF7 Well-Known Member

I guess the child friendly upbeat story, kinda bothers me, as it limits certain characters. Look at Grimlock, instead of a fire breathing, badass sword wielding commander of the Lightning Strike Coalition who hulks out, we got clumsy goofball whos afraid of kittens(who cant breath fire as Dinobots in this continuity cant do that, too dark I guess, or uses a sword), they neutered him and the Dinobots in general, even Animated didn't do that. I also find the earth animal themed Cybertronians irksome, as theirs no logical explanation for them to look like Earth animals, past series provided reasons for that, for example in G1 and Animated the Dinobots were created on Earth, where Dinosaurs existed, in Fall of Cybertron the Dinobots were created by Shockwave himself after observing "alien creatures" on a "primitive planet".

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ruizu1990

Ruizu1990 I'm a girl, not a boy.

News Credits:
    a big, damp, foggy island nor-noreast of Ushant
    Ebay:
    I tried really really hard to stick with this series, even when it got bashed. I starting losing interest when Starscream came back, and then around the time that the Stunticons were introduced, I stopped watching completely. I realised that the writers were not really interested in developing characters or building on the previous Prime mythology. I hated how they made Soundwave a G1 clone.

The show should have ended at the end of the Starscream arc- everyone should have gone back to Cybertron.

Given the show's budget and target audience, I was very naive for expecting anything else. I shall continue to enjoy my Prime DVDs from time to time, but there is no reason for me to bother with this series any longer.

I still think the animation and character designs are quite good though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Overall I like it. Most of the Decepticons actually have character beside just generic thug though I could live without the animal themed bot modes as well. Underbite and the lobster guys just look terrible. I do like the personalities of Quillfire, Springload and the antler bot whose name escapes me.

Steeljaw is a great villain and I like Scorponoks crew on Decepticon Island. I liked Megatronus too.

I loved Soundwave's voice harking back to G1. Starscream and the Stunticons are enjoyable too. Shame Starscream didn't have that design in RID.

Drift is a boring cliche and I hate any hair on Transformers. Sideswipe has grown on me but again his hair just seems silly.

On the subject of silliness, Grimlock is painful. He bugs me as much as RID Bulkhead did.

As part of the Aligned Continuity, I wish Jazz had gotten his voice actor from Fall of Cybertron.

For the most part I've enjoyed the series but there are a lot of filler episodes. It would have been nice to see more of Scorponok and the Decepticon Island. Steeljaw steals every scene he's in.

The kid isn't too annoying but the scenes where he and his father pretend to be figures of authority are just stupid.

6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I love it. I love how light hearted it is.
    I love how Bumblebee finally gets to have a personality, because Hasbro is still pushing this guy in our faces but now i can at least enjoy him.
    I love all the new character: Strongarm, Fixit, Quillfire, Thunderhoof, Steeljaw and the other Decepticons.
    I even love the comedy duo of father and son Clay.

7. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now that I think about it, I enjoyed Energon much more.
    As bad and incoherent as it was, it atleast had a story to tell.

• Like Like x 2
  8. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like it. I think it's more pleasant to sit through than the Unicron trilogy, but I don't like as I do things like Beast Wars/Animated/Prime. Then again, it's doing something very different. It's not really aiming to be more than a weekly episodic in the same way the old G1 show was.

9. Optimus4EVER

Optimus4EVER Youngling Femmebot Prime-In-Training

News Credits:
    Please use the email I posted above for ShoutFactory then please!!!

10. fereality

fereality Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Tumblr:
    Wel it appears that I'm in the minority here. I love the show (netflixed it so still haven't seen Combiner Wars half of 3rd season yet). To me it harkens back to the 80's series and Prime. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series coming to Netflix.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I liked it, it wasn't as great as Armada, G1, Animated or Beast Wars, but it was entertaining. In retrospect it felt more like a sidestory. Hm but TFP also felt like a sidestory. It was just all too small. Too small cast, nothing much happened. Entertaining at times, yes. But nothing you want to rewatch. While I have still fond memories of the Unicron Trilogy, Animated, G1, etc. and would rewatch them instanteneously.

12. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Aimbot McBeamSpam

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I guess that I'm in the minority, but I kinda enjoy RID2015 a little bit more than Prime. The show is flawed and I understand why majority of fans didn't like it, but the show as a whole is more light-hearted, didn't take itself way too seriously and kinda fun at times (Which is something the Prime cartoon really lacks).

I didn't care for some of Bumblebee's teammates like Drift, but at least Bumblebee actually do something rather than constantly beeps and being the kid-friendly character; That's something for sure.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopathâ„¢

News Credits:
    I can't seem to make up my mind on Prime, at times it was excellent, especially with the Decepticon cast who mainly had satisfying arcs and characterisation. The Autobots...well, nobody really grew at all in that.Optimus was good if a little dull. Arcee went through an arc...and then forgot all her lessons. Bulkhead never really did much. Magnus was in a competition to out-serious Optimus. I can't really remebember bee doing anythign significant until the very end and his trip in to Megatron's brain...which was far better for Meg's characterisation than for Bee's.

Wheeljack at least had a good fight scene with Soundwave. In fact all the fight scenes were pretty damn good.

RID Though? It kinda just existsed for me. I watch the first season got bored, and kinda just kep tabs on it until the characters I liked turned up, i.e Soundwave and Starscream. And Soundwave's second epsidoe was terrible.

Steeljaw had the potential to be a good villain, but he kept getting told to bugger off and let other people be the main threat.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  14. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    In this thread, there's no reason to bring up a petition or email campaign with Hasbro, etc. Posts regarding this were deleted.

Just stay on topic, discussing whether or not you enjoyed the series. Thanks.

15. Badgerlad

Badgerlad Well-Known Member

I passionately hate "humanoid" faces on my Transformers, so just seeing the art style kept me away for a long time. I wasn't a fan of it in Prime either, but its more polished look kept me in. Saw it pop up on Netflix on a hangover-struck sunday and ended up binge-watching most of season 1. Now on season 3 and kinda like it.

Steeljaw and Thunderhoof are kinda great, most of the con of the week characters do little for me.

Also really like Strongarm and her interaction with Sideswipe, even if she should mock him more for having a fauxhawk.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Ugly show, shame for TFs!

17. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Issue with RiD is the same issue i have with most other Transformers iterations with one exception:
    -Mostly taking place on Earth
    -The human tag alongs are extremely cringe worthy.
    Its also the reason i detest the bayformers movies.
    Other than the premise of the show isnt too bad. Just makes me miss Prime, which was far better.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell Member of the Church of Quake.

I'm mostly through the first season and I gotta say I am digging it. It reminds me of 80s cartoons that advertise toy lines. A lot of filler but entertaining none the less. I'm sure if I was 8 years old I'd be gaga over this just as I was over G1.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Just finished the show and and enjoyed the finale but the idea of Cybertron being brainwashed and tricked into discrediting Optimus Prime and the Autobots is so interesting and of course we never really get to see that. That is where the focus of the show should have been. It would be awesome to see Ratchet and Jazz be so disliked by the public and trying to discover what going on rather then what we got.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega From the Covenant of Primus...

I voted no, though its not the worst tf show that I've had to force my self to watch. That spot is a tie between the unicron trilogy and animated.