Do people like RID2015?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Hotshotprime43, May 4, 2017.

?

Do YOU like RID2015

1. Yes I like/love/enjoy it

37 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. meh whatever

20 vote(s)
    29.9%
  3. No I hate/dislike it

10 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Sorry if I am beating a dead horse but I really has not been looking on this thread that much since RID started two years ago. (HOLY CRAP REALLY TWO YEARS?) I have been watching the show and seen every episode since King of the Hll and not to be the typical hater but this show is lame. I know I could just stop watching it but it is Transformers so of course I have to watch it like all other series and see where it goes no matter how great or awful it is. But I really have not been paying attention to the opinions of others here in the show. So now I would like to know where it stands in the fandom. For me it is my least favorite TF show ever.

It is so boring for me I have not been in the mood to buy a single toy from the line. Which has never happened in all my years of being a Transformers nerd. I dislike it. It feels boring and repeats the same con of the week formula with the usual Sideswipe and Strongarm annoying banter, Grimlock getting his butt kicked somewhere, and Bumblebee not being too bad but not enough to save the show when its takes them all 20 minutes a week to stop some Decepticon I never heard of.

2. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

I love the continued continuity from Transformers Prime, and enjoy all the bot designs, but I miss the writing and visual quality of TFP. I'll be 38 this year so a show with a more serious tone is more up my alley than the silliness of Robots in Disguise, but it does have it's good moments.

My 8 yr old loves it, so they're doing something right. We both wish the toys were much better.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Quicken2k

Quicken2k Well-Known Member

For me I enjoyed the stories of Prime more. The visual style of RID took some getting used to, I do love the the fact that it continues from Prime.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I really like it, and honestly it would work just as well if it wasn't related to Prime.

5. Mr JackatooTM

Mr JackatooTM Geek Jesus

News Credits:
    Google+:
    It's ok, toys can be better but overall, I can tolerate

6. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

It's OK. I like it more than Prime. At least the characters are a bit more fun and the show isn't trying to convince me it's something it's not. Haven't really cared for Combiner Force, so far. On top of the show's usual flaws, the 'Cons have been particularly bland this season, aside from the return of Springload.

7. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

I totally love Transformers Prime and totally dislike RID. Really want a continuity with the same aesthetics of Transformers Prime but RID is more "family friendly" according to Hasbro.

So the series is more kid oriented and we are getting older with no series for us. :confused: 

8. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Sky-Byte Completionist

I was watching Combiner Force yesterday and thought to myself, "you know what, this show turned out pretty solid for what it is"

It's character driven not plot driven, but I still just love how the characters have grown and fleshed out. They really do feel like people.

Just cause it's Transformers doesn't mean it can't be episodic. King of the Hill, Samurai Jack (the original), Aqua Teen, and several other cartoons have been solid without a big arching plot that people seem to want from RID.

Plus RID isn't entirely plotless either.

9. GoLion

GoLion -Sad Panda-

News Credits:
    It it's on, I will watch it. I don't go out of my way to find it, though.

10. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    It's not in my top 5, but I enjoy watching it. I like it more than TFP, because it does not promise things that never come to fruition. I would rank it right behind the Unicron Trilogy, which is my second favorite after G1. Or wait... I like Beast Wars, Animated and RID also more than RID2015. But well. I like it more than TFP and BM.

And then there is rescue bots. I know this is now really not intended for me as the target audience. But I couldn't watch two episodes of it. So there is that.

11. STARBLAST

STARBLAST Banned

Like it more than Prime & Unicron Trilogy.

Don't like it as much as Animated and Beast Wars.

It's there in the middle with G1 and Bayformers

12. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Autobot Warrior

I LOVE it

13. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Galvatron (G1)

i enjoy it

14. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

They did a great job with Prime and they continued it....not so great. So its a no for me.

15. Lovecraft

You know what, my shelves can tell you how I really feel about this cartoon... IMG_20170509_205340.jpg

You know I'm left wondering if there's anyone else on the boards with this much RID1x :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  16. PeterMagnus

PeterMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I may have you beat... I have all of minicons who appeared on screen as well as all the warriors and legions and a couple one steps lol.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

Yeah, I like it. It's got a lot wrong with it, and it certainly isn't as awesome as TF: Prime was, but I feel that the good aspects outweigh the bad.

18. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 toy only guy

It kinda strikes me as...average? I dunno, it has some good, has some bad, but it doesn't feel "great", and it doesn't feel "terrible".

There's more things I enjoy (Most of the Decepticons, focusing on a less-important team that's just gathering up prisoners) than things I dislike (Russel's the most BORING kid I've ever seen in Transformers). Overall... I dunno. I'm not entirely sure what impact this'll leave on the franchise. What will RID be remembered for? What will RID contribute?

19. Lovecraft

Please inform me on the best method to hunt those minicons down

20. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Wasn't Armada an instruction video series for that?

• Like Like x 3