Do others have issues with reprolabels purple?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mweeuser, Feb 9, 2009.

1. mweeuser

mweeuser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought a g1 skywarp set a while back along with several faction(con) sheets. Since then I've gotten a couple mint originals and I really am convinced (at least the ones I got) are a more neon purple, looks like more red than blue. Anyone else seen this? My problem is it's so different than the originals that I don't want to just replace some faction symbols because the color is just so far off. It's not just because they're new. Even reissues appear to show this difference. Anyone had issues?

2. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

I ordered some Insecticon stickers, and I also noticed that the colors were off from the originals. I had the original sticker sheets (from the recent TFC reissue), but they weren't tacky enough to stay on the figures, so I bought repros instead. The repros were sticky enough, but the colors were definitely off.

It wasn't that big of a deal to me since the figure was bare to begin with, but I could see problems when integrating with original stickers.

3. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Not quite a solution, but here's something that might help:

eBay Store - Transformers g1 stickers on sticker sheet: Autobot Decepticon symbols decals

There's an eBay online shop called Small Toy Store that specializes in selling metal foil reproduction stickers that duplicate the exact look, logos, and even the numbering of the original Transformer sticker sheets.

Bit of a warning, though: while Reprolabels offers all stickers belonging to a given Transformer, including the factory ones, Small Toy Store (with a few exceptions, such as Metroplex, Optimus Prime, the Dinobots, and Reflector) only offers the ones that came with the pack-in sticker sheet. However, their stickers duplicate the look and feel of the originals a bit more closely, right down to the dot matrix pattern. The color matches aren't always perfect, either, but that's a pretty tall order anyways...

4. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

I've always been very pleased with reprolabels. Up until now. I just got a mib TM Sureshot in need of some new sticker action, reprolabels doesnt have a set for him. They are not returning my emails, and I cant find any labels for him anywhere.

5. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Well, you've got to understand Delta's position. From what I understand, to make a new sticker sheet, he needs two major ingredients:

1. A (mostly) intact original sticker sheet for a given Transformer.

2. Someone that owns said Transformer with all factory labels intact in good condition and who's willing to measure those stickers or scan them or make pictures of them.

Neither one of these is easy to come by. If you have trouble finding a sticker sheet, that probably means he's having trouble locating it as well or else he'd be offering it...