DO Not Buy drom urbancollecor.com EXPECT SEVERE DAMAGE PLEASE READ !!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by fordjuse, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fordjuse

fordjuse Banned

Urbancollector.com is a JOKE!!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE GUYS. I ordered some higher end action figures. Got damaged. I called and e mailed letting them know about the problem. Got the run around. They refused to replace or refund for amount paid. Be VERY CAREFUL when ordering with these guys. DEFINITELY THE WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE AROUND. I will spend my money elsewhere. DEFINITELY 2 THUMBS DOWN !!!

2. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Well their website looks so professional, I have a hard time believing they gave you bad service.

What exactly happened/can you cut and paste their replies?

3. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    I bought a Hot Toys Batman figure off of them and it came in perfect condition. I guess you just got unlucky. Though they should replace it for you.

4. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Whoa, I can't tell if you are being serious or you were being so sarcastic it came full circle lol

5. fordjuse

fordjuse Banned

Bad luck possibility. The issue is I e mailed and called describing in detail of damage issue. The refused to return my phone calls and e mails went "well, you have to take picture so we can see if there is damage". Why would I waste my time contacting if there was nothing wrong. The bottom line is all my items are carded or boxed for display. I was even willing to keep damaged item if they were to give me a discount or partial refund. But what happened ??? Nothing. Their website claims good condition//feedback, but the is far from it. This is just a heads up for anyone considering buying from them. Buy at your own risk. Thanks for read.

6. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    If the damage is bad enough to warrant a refund, I don't think a picture is to much to ask for. They just want proof. If you don't send a picture, you won't get a refund....simple as that.

7. oddsey

oddsey Fuzzy Wuzzy was a woman?

News Credits:
    Yep.

Seems perfectly reasonable to ask for a photo. You could be trying to rip them off.

8. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    This. It's not like Walmart where they move billions of dollars worth of shit every year and can take back stuff without looking at it.

9. fordjuse

fordjuse Banned

Agreed, picture send and now they will not return e mails at all. OOH WELL. SCREW THEM. They LOST MY BUSINESS. I usually spend $200-$500 on each collectible toys so they lost that. As you can see, that amount is a good amount. That is why I'm pissed.

10. ErechOveraker

News Credits:
    Yeah, it sucks to spend that kind of money on things - but it seems maybe you could have handled things better to begin with?

Or maybe gone through a site with a bit more positive feedback, or who have spent more than $4 on their website, etc etc?

11. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear about your experience, but I'm going to echo the request for more hard proof (pictures of the damage, excerpts from emails, etc). I don't keep my stuff MIB, but I have thought about buying from them before.

12. ErechOveraker

News Credits:
    Ok, scratch my previous snark about their website - I was going to http://www.urbancollector.com/ (c'mon, it's awful!)

I know the site in question, I've ordered from them before too and no probs. Def. gonna reiterate a communication breakdown on your part here with them, since you can't seem to fully explain your problem or situation here to us either.

Sorry man.

13. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    You have to give them TIME for them to respond to your e-mails/assess damage.

14. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I tend to send pictures automatically when I'm dealing with damaged merchandise .. it is just that much more proof from the start that your claim is warranted. I'm with the majority here - I don't think it is an unreasonable request.

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It's generally a good idea to send pictures. Think about it - these guys must have people claiming damaged merchandise / parts missing from less honest individuals quite often, so picture proof will help make your case and separate you from the rest.

16. fordjuse

fordjuse Banned

Pictures provided to them. Still NO REPLY. SCREW THOSE GUYS. I am beating a dead horse here. I even requested a partial refund or credit from full amount. How is that for being reasonable ??? I was willing to work with them BUT NOT NOW !!! I will spend with Big Bad Toy Store, Entertianment Earth or another online dealer. I'll leave this issue at rest because these guys will not get resolution for sure.

17. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Yeah, it's been a whole two days. I can see why you'd be upset. :rolleyes: 

Seriously, calm down. You seem to be expecting instantaneous replies. Flying off the handle isn't going to help.

18. uc_guy

uc_guy New Member

Hi All, Jeff from Urban Collector here. I've been monitoring this thread for the last 2 days to see what FordJuse might say. I've pasted the communication that a rep from UC had with FordJuse. As you can see, the email begins with FordJuse indicating a dent in the package (not sure why this thread is titled Severe Damage). We kept asking Fordjuse to provide a picture so we could either make a claim with UPS -or- if lesser damage, offer Fordjuse a partial refund (he did not want to be burdened with returning the product). I was going to leave this thread alone, but now that FordJuse has indicated he has sent the pictures (unfortunately, we have not received such pictures), I've decided to post. Fordjuse, please feel free to post your damaged pictures on this thread and I personally assure you we will provide you an appropriate compensation. Regards, Jeff.

The email communicaiton from the other day follows:

Hi, I got order damaged today. The overload figure plastic window was dented. I would like replacement or refund of item. I called and left you a message. Please coantct me ASAP n this issue. Thanks, Dung

Reply: Urban Collector

Hi,
    Can you send pictures of the damage so we can see what you are talking about?

Hi Adam, here's picture below. I borrowed picture (from another website) to describe in detail. First, I am a box collector so condition for display is very important. There is a crease above figure in center of window box to center of box. The crease (or dent) is visible. I can describe in detail what the damage is. The top of window has dents from top and side of window like it has been crushed during transit. I would like a replacement or discount credit for this damaged one if you do not have another one. Thanks, Dung

http://vnctoys.com/images/products/detail/overload.JPG

Hi,
    We are going to need to see a picture of the actual item you received to determine what the issue is. Please forward a picture of the item you received, thanks

Adam, I told you I do not have camera so I CAN NOT provide pictures. I described in detail what is damaged. Is this the type of customer service you provide ??? I hope not. You will not even consider my word considering the amount I spent exclusively for your company. Instead of other companies like (competitor A), (competitor B), etc...If you do not replace that fine. I will mention on the action figures forums so others do not have to encounter this type of BS. By the way, I will never order from your website again.

Hi Doug,
    I apologize, I didn't see in your email that you didn't have a camera, you stated only that you borrowed the picture. If you following this link:
    Policies at Urban Collector and look under "damaged items" you will see our policy on needing photos of damage, we do this so if we file a damage claim, we know what it is that is damaged and we have some sort of proof of the damage, we need to follow policies of our shippers as well. Also, we would need to see the damage to verify there is damage before issuing a credit.

If you wish to return the items, we would be happy to offer you a refund.

We apologize that this experience did not meet your expectations and hopefully we can come to a satisfactory conclusion for both parties.

Sincerely,
    Adam

Adam, It is too much of a headache to return items. Cost of re shipping, time, effort, repackaging, etc.... I do want to come to resolution as well. I am willing to keep damaged item providing you provide some incentive to buy from you again. Like a store credit, gift card of some sort with NO EXPIRATION DATE. I will then consider ordering from you again. If you feel different, then consider this my last e mail and last and final order with your company. Thanks, Doug

19. ErechOveraker

News Credits:
    Wow, pwned.

Yeah Fordjuse, looks like you're being a little unreasonable in your position here if you're unwilling to provide proof OR return the item for them to issue you a refund/exchange. From the exchange Jeff provided, it seems like they've tried pretty hard to help you out, and you've been unwilling to help them help you.

Also, tf overload is the expensive item you're swearing UC off for??! I was thinking this was going to be a model kit or 1/6th etc, not a $20 figure that very well arrived to them from Hasbro with package imperfections. You've no idea Fordjuse how many busted up packages I've ordered directly from Hasbro that have come in condition far worse than what it sounds like you got.

Thanks for stopping by too Jeff, it's always nice to see good companies back up their reputations in a clean/concise way.

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    wow. he said he told him he didnt have a camera, but.. he never mentioned that before.

total BS on the part of the topic creator. if you're unwilling to prove the item was damaged either by taking a photo or sending it back, then you shouldnt get anything. as is, it sounds like you're trying to rip the store off. really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.