Do Need Help

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by RoboRic, May 1, 2007.

1. RoboRic

RoboRic Banned

Iv'e been looking at EVERYTHING I could to find this, but found nothing.:banghead:  I am asking how long each line was. I am trying to find this for Rid, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Beast wars, Beast Machines, and Universe. I know G1- 1984-2007. Please, I REALLY could use the help.:thumb 

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    bwtf.com

toy reviews are listed by release year.

3. RoboRic

RoboRic Banned

No, I mean storyline wise.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    um, what?

There is no universe cartoon, and the G1 cartoon did not last from 84 to 07, so I have no idea what you're talking about

5. fiire_dragon_88

fiire_dragon_88 Andimus Prime Time

Hope this helps

Okay, I understand what your looking for and there are a lot of different ways you could go with the time line on the shows.

G1 went from 1984 to 2010 or 2011 respectivly, depending on if you use the the Japanese series fallowing it... Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory.

Beastwars was based 3 centuries later, but they went back in time and the show took place during the 4 million years that the Autobots were dorment on Earth sometime after Dinosaurs were extict, or something like that.

Beast Machines comes right after beast wars when they return to the future.

RID is a competly different time line that took place in 2001.

Armada and Energon were 2 completly different time lines that took place in 2003 to 2004. It has been argued weather or not Cybertron was a continuation of Armada and Energon or not, some say there is info that it does, or it could be an other completly different thing.

Cybertron did have one scene where it showed the G1 characters, but I don't think anyone conciders it a continuation.

Universe is not a TV show. It was a toy line that re-did toys from different generations.

I hope I was accurate and of some help. :wink: 

If I mnessed up somewhere can someone please correct me.:p 

6. RoboRic

RoboRic Banned

Well, if G1, Beast Wars, Beast Machines,Armada, Energon, and Cybertron were in the same continuity, what year would Cybertron end in human years?

7. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    I think it was supposed to be now, that was then so 2006.

8. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    The Unicron Trilogy is set in the same timeline as G1?

9. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

The Unicron 'trilogy' has nothing to do with G1. It was a restart much in the same way as RiD was. As far as I'm concerned, fiire dragon 88's post is the best answer you can get for this question.

10. fiire_dragon_88

fiire_dragon_88 Andimus Prime Time

I agree, if the Unicron trilogy was involved with G1 it would mess everything up, because it would take place in the middle of G1. It's just completly different.

So in answer to your question about the years RoboRic,

G1 - 1984-2010/2011

G1/BeastWars - 1984 - 2305 or some what

G1/Unicron Trilogy - 1984 -- (unicron trilogy - 2003 - 2006) -- 2010/2011 But can't really happen

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Generation 1's premovie episodes start in 1984, and run through until at least 1985 / 1986, in other words, in "real time" with the approximate year of production.
    The Movie took place in 2005 in all continuities, I think the 2006 / 2010 America / Japan discrepancy came into the timeline after this.

Rebirth is not dated, but the Headmasters is said to take place in 2011. Victory is dated as 2025, so Masterforce takes place somewhere between the two, not sure if a date is given. Zone and its various sequels aren't dated to my knowledge, either, but they seem to take place some time after Victory - long enough for the Micromasters to have fully colonised at least one planet.

The G1 Comics (Marvel UK and Marvel US) primarily take place in the years that they were published, in fact this also applies to most of the Dreamwave and IDW stuff too, although various one shots and minis jump into the past of the TF mythos.

Onto the sequels. Beast Wars was set sometime after the Ark crashlanded on Earth, after the dinosaurs went extinct but before humanity evolved from the apes. The cast, though, hail from the future of the timeline, 300 years after the end of the Cybertronian Wars. That isn't to say 300 years after the last episode, though - it's 300 years after an unspecified sequence of events that ended in the defeat of the Decepticons and the great upgrade to Maximal and Predacon. Beast Machines is set on Cybertron in this timeframe.

Beast Wars Second is set on Earth in the distant future (according to the RM Lioconvoy bio), presumably taking place before the Transwarp wave arrived at Cybertron / during the first season of Beast Wars, Cybertron-time. Basically, a little while before Beast Machines. Beast Wars Neo follows on a couple of months after Beast Wars Second's ending by all accounts.

Robots in Disguise is awkward - in Japan as Car Robots it was set in the year 2000. Remember the parade Koji watches in the first episode? That was a millenium New Year's parade in the original. In translation, RiD may have changed its timeframe, I cannot remember any specific date being mentioned at any time.

Armada is not dated, at least in the English one. Micron Legend might have a date to it, though.
    Energon takes place 10 years on from Armada, I'm not sure if this one has a date mentioned either.
    Cybertron is awkward. It's set in a different timeline in Japan one week, and not the next. Takara can't make up their mind if it is in continuity with the other two or not. It was originally planned to follow on from Energon, though, and by the sounds of one or two of the early bios (see - Cyb. Landmine) it would have literally happened anywhere from immediatly after to a few weeks later. The ending of Energon throws this out, though, since it adds a load of stuff after the destruction of Unicron, the original reason for the Black Hole being there. It is meant to happen at around about that sort of time, though.

Universe hasn't got an official timeframe, it all happens in Unicron's personal pocket dimension.

Binaltech occurs roughly concurrent with the release dates of the toys - starts in 2004, through to 2006 as of the release of BT-17.

TFTM 2007 is set in, surprisingly, 2007, with the prequel issues taking place: #1 millions of years ago, #2 the last 100 years, #3 in 2003, #4 I assume right before the movie itself.

TF Classics, according to the Botcon comics, takes place 15 years on from the last issue of the G1 comic - which would be around about present day 2007, too.

TF Heroes, the next series, is supposed to take place in the not-too-distant future, where robot servants are commonplace.

12. RoboRic

RoboRic Banned

Ugh.

I am making my own canon (after Optimus Prime dies, Optimus Primal's spark goes in his body and becomes unicron trilogy. SO does Megatron.) So, I need to know how many years each unicron trilogy show is. Including BW, and BM. I can't have G1 going from 1984 to 2011, then the unicron trilogy at the same time. It just wouldn't make sense. If there is no exact date, how long do you think each one is?

13. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Think of it this way.
    There are 13 games titled 'Final Fantasy' with a number behind them.
    They all share common themes, they all have a dragon named Bahamut, an ice goddess named Shiva, and a character named Cid, but none of them are related to each other. (Except for Final Fantasy X-2 which is a direct sequel to Final Fantasy X).

Transformers is the same way.
    Some of the series are reboots of the franchise and some of them continue storylines that came before; or at least fall within a preexisting continuity.

Now, if you want to make your head spin try figuring out which continuities in Godzilla are actually linked together. :eek: 

14. RoboRic

RoboRic Banned

I am asking how long each series is. (1-9 years.)

15. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Ah, I follow.
    I think most of the modern series could take place over quite a compressed timeline - none of them actually show seasonal shifts, or even mention the date. Due to the plot construction, things like the Speedia races (which lasted for months worth of weekly new episodes) could probably be condensed to about two weeks of timeline.
    Same goes for most of the Unicron trilogy shows.

RiD is the only one that is a little tricky, since it is more episodic you could expand that out more to meet your needs.

Really, other than the lengths and dates I provided above, it is up to you. If you're making your own story framework, you can take that much artistic license.

16. RoboRic

RoboRic Banned

SO, you think each Unicron Trilogy timeline is 2 weeks? That seems a little short...

17. RoboRic

RoboRic Banned

Anyone?

18. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    No, what I meant was some events could be made to fit into a very short space of time in spite of lasting nearly a quarter of the series.

I'd say the events of each series probably lasted anywhere between six months and a year. It's hard to gauge.

19. RoboRic

RoboRic Banned

So, would it make sense if the whole unicron trilogy was 6 years long, and the BM and BW were also 2 each?

20. CrockAlley

CrockAlley Gween donkey! Mine!

There are 10 years between Armada and Energon. The kids from Armada are adults in Energon. So, no, UT has to be longer than 6 years.