Do Ironhide and Dino/Mirage not like humans that much?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jazz_123, Dec 29, 2011.

1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Mystery Solved Mirage and Ironhide are actually fans disguised as robots for terminate the humans they hate as they take away the screentime for the bots, but due to joining the autobots they cant kil lthem to theri dissapointment :lol 

2. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

This is something that would have been explored more in the movies (the sequels especially) if the movies were done better. We got a few lines like with Jazz and Ironhide in TF1, but they just scratched the surface and didn't put a dent in it.

Jazz's line regarding Bumblebee made him a standout character for me. It's one of the rare times in the series where we see the Autobots care for each other - Jazz's concern was for Bee, he cared that his comrade and most likely friend was prisoner.

I've always liked the idea that not at all of the Autobots believe in humanity as strongly as Optimus does. An Autobot could believe in the cause/protecting humanity because it's the right thing to do but still be untrusting or wary of them. Just like, (in a "better movies" scenario) even though they all fight for the same thing - to end the war and stop the 'Cons - they would most likely have different thoughts on the best way to go about it.

That's the kind of characterization the movies lack.

I see Ironhide as thinking highly of and liking Lennox and Epps and the NEST soldiers, Sam, etc.....but having a slightly more negative view of humanity as a whole than say, Optimus Prime.

Haven't played the DOTM game yet to get to know Mirage, and he barely registered as a character to me in the film.

3. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This about sums it up.

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I agree that Ironhide probably doesn't and probably shouldn't, trust humans. Also, he comes of as gun mad and wants to destroy everything.

As for Mirage, he just comes off as an ass hole who sees humans as inferior.

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    And again, why shouldn't he? Wouldn't you see a caveman as being inferior? Same principle.

6. Megatron276

Megatron276 destroyer

They don't

7. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Well, I think it would be easier for a TF to communicate with a modern human than a modern day human with a caveman but I do think that the Bots shouldn't be as kind and trusting to humans as they are outside the extended media and after the first film.

8. dunerunner123

dunerunner123 Optipottamus prime

hmm lets see

first movie "The parents are irritating, can I take them ouT?"

second movie "You dare point a gun at me? ME? I"l TEAR YOU APART"

third movie: ... actually he was pretty cool with the humans at this point

dino/mirage? not sure when he ever showed any signs that he hated humans

9. topspin408

topspin408 Dino's Role Model

Well at first I think ironhide got annoyed with humans. Dino was just playing with the guards in DOTM

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    There's this neighbor I used to have who was a real dick. He played his music so loud it shook the pictures on the wall. He drank on his driveway and was loud and bilegerant. Everyone on our street hated him and he hated them back. Long story short I really did not like him, but it doesn't mean I hate all humans. Neither of those lines imply Ironhide hates all humans, but was merely annoyed/angered at those particular humans.

11. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

I think that they must get frustrated with humans cos the bots are bigger and more powerfull they still have to take orders from "insects" (if you will) and for personalities like ironhide, who wants to break things and the fiery Italian personality of Dino , it's probably hard to do what lesser beings say (IMO)

That is why sentinel prob got annoyed with the humans cos the last thing he remembers was the war and he was the COMMANDER of many autobots and now he has suddenly woken up to find that he has to take orders from "insects".

This sudden change in authority would make ones who are prone to being "hot-headed" start having a bit of an egde when dealing with humans

12. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just thought Ironhide was tje grumpy type. Otherwise for Dino, he seem arrogante against humans.

13. topspin408

Exactly what I was thinking.

14. topspin408

Well Dino was just playin with the guards in DOTM. Besides how can we tell if Dino is arrogant? He never gets any screen time and one of the biggest things he does is scare the guards.... For Ironhide with humans, he just gets really annoyed at times

15. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Ironhide seemed pretty chummy with Lennox and the other soldiers. He drove Lennox home at the end of the first movie, he let NEST soldiers ride in his truck bed at the beginning of ROTF, Lennox patted him like a buddy before Ironhide transformed...