Do Ironhide and Dino/Mirage not like humans that much?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jazz_123, Dec 29, 2011.

1. jazz_123

jazz_123 Banned

I was just wondering if Ironhide and Dino/Mirage not like humans that much because in the game Dino/Mirage doesn't really like to talk or to work with the humans and Ironhide in Tf movie 1 Ironhide seemed to really take joy in shooting at the S7 SUV's and he really seemed to want to kill sam's parents. (Which who wouldn't want to)

2. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

I don't think Ironhide dislikes humans...he's just annoyed by some of them.

As for Dino, I'm not sure. Maybe he's just arrogant.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Well it was only Sam's Parents and Galloway and too some extent Mearing who pissed Ironhide off. I don't blame him though.

Dino doesn't have much of a personality so...yeah.

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Dino seemed pretty cool with Mearing when she entered the place ["He's in a bad mood, he's not talking to anybody today"], Ironhide had a grudge against mankind on the first movie, I believe he got better but still has a mild dislike [see how angry he goes in the second movie when NEST approaches him].

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    What reason would they have for liking humans?

6. arceelover13

arceelover13 Well-Known Member

I think its a trait in the warrior/more decepticon like autobots. Remember Ironhide was once part of the military on cybertron which was under Megatrons command but Ironhide split to join Optimus.And I think that Ironhide learned to appreciate them more after he served with them for a while.

7. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

I think Ironhide is ok with humans for the most part, unless they're pointing a weapon at him. However, he DOES NOT LIKE Chihuahuas! lol

8. FeelingLuckyPnk

I guess he had a reason to worry about rust...

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Got no problem with it. I actually like the notion that not all Autobots are chummy with human beings.

10. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

:lol  How ironic!

11. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

I do not believe that the Autobots in general, and Mirage in particular, are as trusting of humanity as Optimus is. Ironhide has not always agreed with Optimus, but has obeyed him out of respect for his authority as their leader.

The same holds true for the rest of the Autobots, including Jazz. If you recall he was ready to kill the S7 operatives to free Bumblebee, and was still pissed about it later on at the observatory.

I would imagine that they all have their own reservations about working with a species as reckless and selfish as humanity. I can understand their perspective completely.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    They may not adore them like Optimus or Bumblebee, but they don't dislike them.

13. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Why shouldn't they dislike them?

If you reverse the situation around and it was you that was stuck on another planet filled with tiny, weird-looking (to you) aliens that kept secrets that were vital to you from you, lied to your face repeatedly, and generally treated you like unwanted garbage even when you were trying to help them, would you love them? Probably not.

Outside of maybe the handful of NEST soldiers they work directly with in the field, Dino and Ironhide have no reason to like humanity at large and every conceivable reason to dislike them.

14. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

:popcorn  agreed.

15. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

THIS. Totally true. Why would anyone like humans after finding out they were lying to you, and then after all the help you did for them they still want u off their planet? I don't blame any Autobot for disliking humans. If Ironhide were alive when the Autobots were voted off Earth, he would have said to Optimus " F these idiots, let this fight be their own!"

16. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

THIS. My thoughts exactly. The humans could have treated them better than they did.

17. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Well Ironhide seemed to be dismissive of humanity at first, but like Optimus came to understand his view of "they got major problems, but they've got potential to be great", in that for every scumbag like Dylan who would sell his race out just to live another 40 years, and politicians that would remain blind to the fact that there might just be an enemy that can't be appeased or bought off, there were people like Sam, and the soldiers of NEST who would "shed blood sweat and metal" together with the Autobots without a doubt. And Secretary Keller and General Morshower, who were willing to back to fight without question.

Note that every idiotic political decision that screwed the Autobots, also pissed off the NEST soldiers and Sam, so it's not like they weren't aware that not all of humanity treated them the same.

Mirage however, just seemed to really find Reynolds annoying. He was only verbally nasty to him though, as he did actually listen to his advice and rescued a NEST chopper when prompted, although he acted like he didn't want to. So Mirage could just have a outwardly nasty personality. Hard to say since he only spoke like 3 times in the film.

18. FeelingLuckyPnk

What part was this?

19. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

The DOTM game I believe.

20. Tikin

Tikin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Plus, as Optimus pointed out, it'd be pretty damn hypocritical of them to hate an entire species because they encountered a few dicks.