Do I have to register for BotCon?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Decimus, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Decimus

Decimus Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Do you have to Register for Botcon '07? I Live in MASS do i can drive down in my '66 VW Bus and camp at a local place hopefully and i'm pumped to go! so do you have to register before hand or how does the whole thing work? i'm wicked new to the conventions and such, but i've loved transformers for years.

2. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Nah you don't have to pre-register for BotCon. But honestly you MIGHT enjoy it better if you did as pre-reg gets you

1) The Convention set
    2) A (highly probably given the timing) advance screening of the 2007 Movie *Note this is just a strong assumption going around the fandom*
    3) Entrance to the Saturday evening Dinner (you can socialize with other fans)
    4) Early entrance into the Dealer Room

It really boils down to why you're going. If it's just about toy shopping then you can just pay the $9 fee at the door. But if you're going for the toys, the experience and to socialize with the fans. At least IMPO pre-reg is the way to go.

Honestly wait and see what Fun Productions is offering this year with the package. If you like what they offer then pre-reg, if not then don't :) 

*EDIT*

Forgot my manners, welcome to the board.....Now where's my "Noob" pic? :D 

3. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You don't HAVE to register, but if you want the goodies, it helps. A full Primus package gets you all the toys. Box set, dinner admittance, guaranteed panel seating, a special pre-registrant Primus Package free extra figure, and the chance to buy at least one set of any add-on toys. Figure around $300 for this.

A basic package will get you everything except the box set and extra figure, but you can still buy at least one each of the additional toys if there are enough to go around. Figure about $120-150 for this.

Or you can get Walk-In, for $9 a day. No frills, it just gets you in the door.

4. Decimus

Ebay:
    do you guys a have a link or something i can look at for pre-registration? price list and what not? all this help is fantastic.

5. Shaun_C

Wow such a strong sense of deja vu suddenly, I wonder why?.........Oh yeah because I just said that before you Sidecutter :D  J/K

6. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I think we should careful assuming there will be a screening. I have seen you mention it before and though it may be a possibility one shouldn’t get there hopes up.

7. Shaun_C

Well any updates will be at http://www.botcon.com but there aren't any new updates yet. Other then the hotel thing. But keep checking there.....or better yet here *cheap plug* for any further updates. As when BotCon.com's updates TFW will report it :D 

8. Decimus

Ebay:
    so wait i'm confused, have you guys registered yet? is there a form? i'm lost, i just want to register now so i can get the time off from work.

9. Shaun_C

Fair enough, you're right :) 

I realize I'm assuming, and yes I should know better. I'll go edit my post accordingly

10. Shaun_C

Prereg isn't open yet, probably not till somewhere between Febuary or March. But you can still book off the time. BotCon will be held from June 28-July 1st 2007

The most any of us have done is 1)Book off the time and 2)Book a room at the Westin Hotel

11. Decimus

Ebay:
    wow!!! 4 day weekend!!! there's gunna be lots of smelly people there!!!

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Heh. There are always smelly nerds at conventions, m8. Fortunately, we've all discovered the joys of showers ;) 
    And welcome to the boards, look us all up at Botcon! :) 

13. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:

Show-er? I don’t understand. Is that like when it rains?

14. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think it's another term for a movie?