Customs: Do I dare say that Animated Shockwave is the perfect War Within Shockwave?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by TonyzCustomz, Dec 12, 2008.

1. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just picked him up from my local store and OMG if he isn't the perfect alt mode, with a few tweaks to his body(haven't played with him much yet) he could be my WWI Shockwave 2.0(seeing as my first is a little hit and miss on being a true WWI likeness as I took liberties). Whats everyone think? What could be done to make it perfect? Should I give it the TonyzCustomz treatment?

[att]18893[/att]

[att]18895[/att]

Attached Files:

2. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Absolutely! I would say to to give it some tanks tread kibble, and try to heft out the shoulders.

Looking forward to it!

3. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    If anyone could pull it off Tony, I'd say your one of the few.

4. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I saw 4 of 'em today, plus 2 each of Legends Brawn, Bumblebee, Beachcomber, and TFA Starscream! Do ya think I had any cash? Noooooo, just a measly two bucks to get some brake fluid!:banghead:  I'll be goin' back tomorrow fo sho!

Back on topic, I was studying 'ol Shocky and I believe I'll grab a couple! I think I'm gonna try my hand at Armada Megs! I mean, the ear pieces are just about perfect, I'll just have to put him on a work out regimen to beef him up!

I would love to see you do WWI Shocks though, I know you'll put the midas touch on him!:thumbs2: 

5. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I knew I wasn't crazy! LOL

abx23 when you say heft out the shoulders do you mean make them wider? If you miss transform Him the shoulders will stick out about a quarter inch outwards on both sides.

Your too kind NP. Thank you.

Go get him now big hank he is an awesome toy to begin with so much about him I love, I am tempted to go get the other one that was left. Armada Megs could definitely work as well with some work I think his biggest problem are his legs, they are really plain.

6. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tony!!! Man, that would be awesome. I for sure would say get the head legs from Energon Shockblast!!!! Some forarms from classics Jetfire!!!!
    You can do it for sure!!!

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I totally support this project, as I already love that mold! :) 

I think with a bit of mistransforming, you'll actually find a pretty good base to start with. My favourite configuration for this figure actually halfway between robot modes... Longarm is a bit too stout, Shocks a bit too spindly; the sweet spot is in the middle! The versatility of this design is really it's main strength.

zmog

8. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The toy design almost looks like a nod towards WWI Shockwave, anyway. Especially the lower legs.
    The main drawback to this figure compared to the WWI design is the cannon. The whole arm-combined cannon is one of the major design elements for WWI-SW, and this figure just doesn't lend itself to it. Especially since the articulation in the shoulders just isn't there.
    Another drawback is the beefiness. WWI-SW is a total powerhouse of a design. TF:A-SW, not so much.

Either way, it'd be cool to see someone with such talent pull it off successfully:thumbs2: .

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Tony, I thought the same thing when I first saw the design as well.

"Go for gold!"

10. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    do it

11. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Make sense since it seems to be his cyberton mod tank anyway. Good luck yo!

12. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL Woah Woah Woah, I am not very good at chopping up figures and combining them I will leave that to yous pros. LOL A repaint with some mods will make due I think.

Sweet! I think I am transforming him the way your saying too. His shoulders stick out instead of folding in like normal for shockwave and his legs are fully extended with the hips made by the grey parts(almost like the picture I posted of him and not like how hasbro wrote the instructions.)

Yeah I can completely understand what your saying about the arms and hand gun, definitely the biggest problem on the figure. I am trying to think of what elbows I can steal and fit into him as we speak. I also think I have an idea abot the gun hand, I noticed that the hands fit on the side of the tread area and I might be able to make something to replace that one hand and make it into a sort of rotating side cannon that will also be visible in tank mode. We will see if I can work that out.

/Salutes

Yup that's why I thought of it to begin with, thanks for the support!