Do Hasbro/Takara/3rd Party Designers Visit TFW2005?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Auto Morph, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I often wonder. I'm not saying if they did we'd have any influence on them, just curious to know if they ever feed back to us on their thoughts.

For example, I know that Roberto Orci contributed a lot to various fan sites in the lead up to the first TF movie, but toy-wise is there anyone 'official' we can chat to about this stuff? If they don't post (and you wouldn't blame them!), is there any evidence of lurking..?

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    There's the Q&As, which is probably the only official Hasbro interaction we're likely to see. Other than that, only expect anonymity.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I gotta say, if I worked for Hasbro or FansProject (for example) I'd be all over this site, and other like it. It might be more trouble than it's worth to actually make myself known if I did, but surely they must have some way of gauging the fans at 'ground level' so to speak?

4. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sure they keep tabs on the fan reactions with their products, whether it's individual designers or not. Takara probably checks over the Japanese fan websites for example.

I know the Headrobot's guys post on here every once in a while to answer a question, post news, or browse their feedback section. They helped a guy out who didn't have a face on his not Duros through a feedback thread here.

5. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

I wonder how the third party companies decide to produce what they produce. Like classics rodimus armor. Why rodimus? Based on how many sold, comic book stories?

6. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well they did until this thread came about and scared them away:tongue: 

7. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    After the whole Orson's World thing, they've probably been told not to post on message boards any more.

Joe Kyde used to post on the Allspark regularly before he became a full time designer for Hasbro.

The designers do read the message boards, they've told us several times at various panels, they just don't post.

Randy

8. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Yes they do.

I know back in the day a Hasbro employee use to post here in Orsonsworld but that was squashed due to jealousy from other sites.

I know Venska is attached to FP and he is here posting.

Other members are insiders to 3rd party groups.

I'm sure Hasbro comes here for feedback on figures and I am sure 3rd party groups need to visit pages to gauge fan interest on their ideas.

So yes Viginia there is a Santa Claus...I mean, yes they do come.

9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think he's directly involved with them, though. Consider him a "consultant", if anything.

Most of the 3rd Party people are Asian TF fans, so I'm sure they're active on the various Asian message boards out there.

10. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I could see how third party companies would want to check in. I mean, the fan community is responsible for 100% of their business.

Not sure how much Hasbro and Takara really care. I mean, we are like what, 10% of total TF purchases if that?

11. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    Not that small of a percentage. Maybe more like 11 :p 

12. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    10% of One Millions dollars is one hundred thousand dollars. I don't like hearing that Hasbro ignores us because of our limited contribution to their sales. I am very sure Hasbro comes here either officially or unofficially (meaning staff memebers who are TF fans that work on TF figures pass on by)

10% is a big enough group to be heard...Don't believe me? Ask the CHUG line if they agree.

Also 10% seems to be more than enough to get a whole slew of 3rd party groups to come cater to us. You know what that means? It means we give out more than enough money for these groups to make a profit from us and to continue to fund other endeavours geared towards TF toys and continued profits.

13. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I have a suspicion that any designers who might have read the boards in the past would have been scared away by our immature, oftentimes outright hostile behavior a long time ago.

14. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    I would guess they would lurk here.

Non-disclosure agreements would probably severely limit their participation. Even an off comment could tip off a trend or direction in plot or design that could land them in hot water. Pay check > hobby

15. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    <MovieToys>

16. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I'm inclined to agree with this.

Besides, say you are a designer at Hasbro working on new Transformer toys - you do your 9 to 5 shift at the office or whatever, but in all likelihood you are a TF fan as well. So when you get home do you log on/lurk at any of the major fan sites out there? Even if you are only being nosey, you might see something, a major sway of opinion on a particular issue (currently I'm thinking Mech Tech).

The next day, do you mention to your boss what you've read. Do they care? Obviously for stuff that has already been released it's probably too late to do anything about it. But when you hear years of fans shouting "we want a classics-style Jazz/Wheeljack/Kup" etc it must filter through somehow.

17. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    fp has posted here in the tfcon armor fiasco, and hasbro has said they read the forums, wouldn't be surprised if one or two of the posters are actually working for hasbro, just don't say anything about it at all

edit: also the spolier extensions for protector were asked for quite a bit on here because the spoiler looked so small. might have something to do with why we got them

18. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Trust me, Hasbro/TakTom/3rd Party companies do keep tabs on what's happening on the major TF boards. A few years ago, I met Eric Siebenaler when he was in Australia (I live in Sydney) & at that particular Sunday morning at the Parra Fair, The guys gave Eric a FP's City Commander & a Classics UM. So Yes - Hasbro, TakTom etc. do know what we're talking about. :)