Do HA's need a new Gimmick?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Philip164, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Do HA's need a new Gimmick? I like HA's; but with exception to the awesomeness of Jazz, I don't think they are wort it at full price, and the "human" interface gimmick does not work with any "human" figure.

edit: I've been thinking all day, I wonder, could they if they wanted to... hypothetically could they make a decent Energon Powerlinx type system in a HA to a future TF line, that is actually good?

2. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe make a second, transforming (on some level) vehicle or accessory be made mandatory to go with the giant car and human figure? Skids, Mudflap, Jazz, Leadfoot, and soon Soundwave all have an extra thing included (bike sister, cycle-to-gun, Steeljaw, and Laserbeak) that Bumblebee, Sideswipe, and Barricade did not, despite being sold at the same price (right?). It does provide a little extra "bang for your buck" vibe.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

The voyager-sized ones need things like Steeljaw and Laserbeak to be really good buys, but the HA basics are swell. Their HA's can function like Holo-drivers (which is especially true in the case of Master Disaster, who is translucent), which is really cool.

4. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    A "bang for your buck" vibe doesn't cut it, when you could just buy the cheaper alternative size class without a lame "Human Gimmick".

5. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    The point of the extra vehicle/character with Jazz,Skids,and so forth is because even tho they are scaled pretty close,Hasbro added those cause they were smaller cars/robots and wanted to fill out the box more,so people didn't think they were paying the same price for less figure.

As for a new gimmick,why would people want a new one,the human is all the line needs with them hence human alliance.

6. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    No. For the larger Human Alliance figures, they need to get their damn engineering back to a decent quality. They are on the decline.

7. AutobotMirage

AutobotMirage Wrecker

News Credits:
    Not only get the engineering back to a decent quality, but I was thinking, since they are so large, some of them should be given a stealth force mode like Sideswipe and Bumblebee.

8. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    If they made a new DOTM HA Bee mold instead of repainting the ROTF one into a Stealth version, the former would've sold better.

9. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not really. I'm fine with how they are. Though, they could be a tad bigger. Sure their engineering is far more complex than deluxes, but HA Leadfoot is nearly the height of a deluxe in bot mode...

10. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Leadfoot looks like a total mess. Sideswipe at least had a good looking coherent robot mode.

Here's hoping Soundwave does better in hand, because right now I'm hoping Jazz won't be my last full sized Human Alliance figure.

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Considering that his car mode is still the same scale as the others and his design is intentionally stout, if that's a problem you've missed the point; he's still taller than the HA Twins are. Also, just to let you guys know, if you do the mods as mentioned in his feedback thread Leadfoot's really fucking fantastic.

Anyway, the only gimmick HA needs is for them to finish off the cast.

12. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    No, they need better articulation, and stop trying to integrate a shoulder or arm mounted, human controlled gun, into every design

13. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You stated that you didn't think they were worth it at full price, hence the need for a new gimmick...adding any new gimmick is nothing but more "bang for your buck" because changing them too greatly could result in a price increase, which may not solve your problem of a large figure with just the human interface gimmick separating it from figures of other size classes.

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think the line needs less gimmicks. HA Leadfoot told me to post this. Oddly enough, he has a "beer gut", but he feels very empty for some reason. HA Roadbuster would just like to be able to shut his doors properly, he says.

15. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Basically I want there to be more reasons to buy a $30 toy than Human and accessories. I just think the Human gimmick is lame, but without it the size-class dose't exist. So I think HA's need something to get them to sell faster.

I like it with the Wreckers each character had a weaponised mode and Vehicle mode, I do not like the fact that they didn't release all three characters in one mode, but made a odd man out in each size class as a normal. They should had made all Normal mode for one size class all weaponized for another and for HA they should have made it transform between the modes.

16. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    - human gimmicks
    + lights or sounds.

17. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Keeping Bumblebee out of each case would really help with keeping the shelves from being bottle-necked.

18. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Are you talking about a G1 style Grimlock for HA, or a movie style one?

19. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    They don't need gimmick. They need sturdiness. Being in that size class there is no excuse. They also need accuracy. THAT IS their gimmick. If they have a new gimmick, it should be 5mm peg hands.

20. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Fixed. But seriously FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO! HA with electronics would ruin the line. I do not give a crap about the human gimmicks but the main gimmick of the series that admittedly some may fall short on is having awesome vehicle modes and awesome robot modes with great transformations and what so many want is the line is at least in scale with one another. Aside from Sideswipes robot mode I find that aside from some flaws here and there the entire line accomplishes this so well. Leadfoots robot mode leaves some to be desire but he has the best vehicle mode since Sideswipe. Skids and Mudflap are both fun. Jazz may have his panel lines in vehicle mode but the way the robot mode is packed in gives him an awesome and articulated robot mode with very few flaws. Mainly the arms. As for bee and Barricade both have great vehicle and robot modes with minor flaws but they both have fun transformations as well. Roadbusters vehicle mode has flaws but i think it looks great for going for the weaponized stock car and i love his transformation and aside from the skinny waste i think he has an awesome robot mode.

I know long..

In conclusion i love the HA figures and find that every single one was worth the price i paid (Sideswipe was on clearance for half price) and i am glad that i currently have them all but soundwave who has yet to be released.