Do Binaltechs count as Alternators?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by jourdo, Aug 10, 2006.

1. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    In your collection, do you count Binaltech (BTA included) and Alternators as part of the same line? For example, do you think one needs to have the remolds/recolours (yellow Tracks, Zoom Zoom) to consider this universe complete?

For myself, I see these as two seperate lines and I'm sticking with and Alts only collection.

What about you?

2. TrooperMaximus

TrooperMaximus TFW2K5 Sailor

Zoom-Zoom, yes b/c he's the only BT I own out of my 20+alts.

3. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Separate... But I do consider BT* as part of BT...

4. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Together, but only cuz the only BT's I have are Smokescreen (Who I have the ALT of as well), Deadend and Hound.....

5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

tish if i counted them as seperate i would have a hell of a lot more to get. and that would be way more money. so together! of course.

6. vector

vector City Commander

Ebay:
    I consider them together......yes one is made in Japan and the other over here, the same blue prints and engineering and collaboration went into both. The only real dif. was materials and packaging.

7. mocrzy

mocrzy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I do consider them seperate lines, though I do display them together. I have at least one of each figure of both lines (Except for the #8 BT-01 variant & #2 BT-07variant...I just couldn't plunk down $50 dollars for a different # on the car).

Now I decided which one to open by which one I got first...so opened & displayed are:

Alternator:
    Sideswipe
    Meister (sorry, means BT Zoom-Zoom Stayed Boxed)
    Grimlock
    Windcharger
    Ravage
    Shockblast
    Prowl (Blue BT version Stayed boxed)
    Mirage
    Optimus Prime
    Nemesis Prime
    Ricochet
    Rollbar
    Decepticharge
    Swerve
    Wheeljack
    Camshaft
    Skids

Binaltech/Binaltech *
    Smokescreen GT ( I put BT-01 away to save shelf space when this guy came out)
    Silverstreak
    Hound
    Dead End
    Swindle
    Yellow Tracks (Thankfully kept All 3 Blue versions boxed...BT blue, red box alt, Bubble Alt)
    Broadblast
    Sunstreaker
    Alert

Now I only have one of each Binaltech/Binaltech*/Kiss Play (I count it the same) just because of the cost, But I have at least 1 of EVERY Alternator MISB, so I do have duplicates of every open Alt figure listed.

8. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I count them I guess as different. The BT and various sublines are way more extensive, and I just want to collect the Alts.

9. Signal Lancer

Signal Lancer Brave Soldier of Justice

News Credits:
    Unlike the mainline where you could replace Energon Hot Shot with Hot Shot Fire in a group of Energon figs and it be different but not obviously stand out, I don't think Alts and BTs work the same way. Due to the die-cast (just not a fan...) and to a pont the price, I collect <em>Alternators</em> and skipped out on getting BTs. Although BTA and the variants were tempting, I've mostly convinced myself they wouldn't fit in with what I have, and I couldn't justify getting two lines that are so similar.

10. DeathFrogurt

DeathFrogurt The frogurt is cursed!

Binaltech? I consider them "expensive." Although I kind of want the Japanese only ones, like yellow Tracks & red Meister, even though I don't buy Alts that are straight-up repaints. Just jealous of Japan, I guess.

11. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They are the same toys represented by two differently handled companies. I count the same toy (in the same colors) the same character in both toylines. So I display a BT with my alts when it's version doesn't exsist in the Alt line. (And yes I count BT* and Kiss Play as Alts since they are the same toys)

12. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Different, I collect the BTs, and only the Alts that I really like or that don't exist as BTs. I also play with a few Alts I have. :D 

13. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    I count them as the same line, my Alt collection is up to date with the BT repaints and the BTA's (Alert/Broadblast)

14. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

The same line -

I have all the BT's Released, including variants (except the number difference on the smokescreens), and the BT*'s too.

I now have all the Alt variations too, excluding swerve, but including Sunstreaker, American Prowl, and flaming Skids, ricochet, decepticharge, prime, mirage, camshaft ...oh and nemesis prime (the one time being in the uk was an advantage).

I wont buy Kiss prime, but i will buy rodimus.....

To me this is the only line i actually care about now.

15. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Same here.

16. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I concur with a lot of others, apparantly. BT and BT* I consider one line, but Alternators I consider seperate as an entity.

On the other hand, I do feel that they are "linked" lines, since they share the molds. For me, having a complete "set" involves owning the Binaltech release of each figure, and any variant release of the mold from Alternators that Binaltech didn't pursue (Swerve, Ricochet, Mirage, Camshaft, and Rollbar being the unique Alts I can think off offhand, and Alert, Broadblast, Hot Rod, Yellow Tracks, Vivid Blue Pearl Prowl, and "Zoom-Zoom" being the unique BTs I can think of offhand). I don't really count the different Smokescreen numbers, and never bothered with #7 Smokescreen. I view those as more of a deco-variant like the changes on CYb Deluxe Prime.

17. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

Wow - for the first time someone on the boards agrees with me on something!

I am very proud of my set, and look forward to swerves hopeful re release!

18. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I am only completing the alt line. However, I have been buying the BTs that we never got as alts. Red Meister, Blue Prowl, and Yellow Tracks. I have a BT* Broadblast on his way to me and am searching frantically for a good deal on BT* Alert. As much as I despise the KISS play gimmick, I will buy Hot Rod.

19. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

I think they're the same line. BT's fiction is great, and so far I have bought only BTs because of die-cast. But for Mirage and Sunstreaker, I had to go Alt and I'm very happy with that.

20. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Me too![/OLDAOL]

-Tony!