Do big vendors show up to the NJCC?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Hey All,

I was just wondering if we will see big vendors at the NJCC? I have some stuff on my pick up list, so it would cool if they actually do.

2. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think you will see any big vendor's, but I think it's Tempting Toys that is coming this time. Anyways some vendor is bringing their stock of MP-10's.

3. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Noooooooo..... I don't want to be tempted by those MP10s. Must wait for Hasbro.......

4. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

IMHO, the whole point of going to a toy show is to be able to buy from the dealers who aren't the big guys. You can buy from BBTS or TFSource 24x7 over the internet. Their prices at toy shows rarely vary much from online, so you don't gain much.

On the other hand, a small show like this is a chance for small dealers and collectors with extras to make their toys available. These dealers will have a wide variety of toys - many you may not see anywhere else. And a lot of time these dealers do better on pricing because they aren't trying to earn a living at this, just trying a make a little extra money.

5. Alucard77

News Credits:
    That is good to know. The only reason I asked is because I am looking for a lot of third party company stuff and I didn't want to get there and find none of it.

6. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    There was at least one table at April's NJCC that had a selection of third party toys for sale. ...and by selection, I don't mean cases and cases like you'd find at Botcon, but y'know... a couple.

Your best bet would be to go there but not expecting. That way if you do find some of what you want, hey, bonus, right?

Part of the problem is that there aren't any real huge online stores on the east coast. The prospect of one of the big stores like BBTS or TF Source to pack up a bunch of stock and fly it to Jersey for a small, one day show probably isn't an enticing one. Which isn't to say that DESTRO and the other organizers haven't been kicking ass at promoting the show and growing it, but we're not there quite yet.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  7. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, the guy last time had the KO Seekers, Targetroids (got a pair myself), some ML Soundwaves, can't remember what else.

One of the good things of these shows is buying stuff you can't get from on-line retailers. Yeah, you could save on shipping, but otherwise buying FP Backfirey from BBTS is the same as at a table. This is chance to get good older-than-current-retail stuff and to see it in hand to really inspect it. Plus you can haggle.