Do Bayverse Fans hate too much.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, Jul 17, 2011.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I will start off by stating I am not a GEEWUNER and I got into Transformers after I watched TF1.
    I see some, so called "GEEWUNERS" talk about putting some characters that happend to originate from G1 in the Films and the Bayverse fans say "this isn't G1".
    Pehaps they should not use Optimus, Megatron, Ironhide, Jazz, Bee, Etc coz this isn't G1.

And if some people say perhaps They should not make optimus kill without hesitation and Sometimes say he should say something that justifies killing or at least hesitate, the Bayverse fans say that G1 fans complain too much.

I would also like to quote someone who said...

2. DK Prime

DK Prime Crazy Dane

This contiunity is NOT G1 and was never MEANT to be G1. The names are the same but the story and plot is not related to G1.

I don't think Bayfans hate, at least I don't.

3. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    i think we all complain too much. im a 90's baby and have been into tfs since armada. i ENTIRE g1 series (season 1- the movie, so MOST) after tf1 because i was like "who the fuck is bumblebee and ratchet and why arent they hotshot and red alert?" but after watching g1, i became a wheeljack fan, i was always a "yellow car transformer fan" beause of hotshot and i loved jazz in the 1st movie. basiclly, i think they did a great job with the movie verse (except with the constructicon-devestator thing in rotf being my only gripe. thats my only "thats not geee-wun!!" complaint) and i hope they do good with tf4.

4. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    they are similar but not the same.

5. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    This is how it works.

G1 is the orignal, this is were names, characters etc is created, and of course more followed during G2 BW etc etc.

The movie and all other shows use names that are well known. Most if not all well known names comes from G1. Hence they are to be used both in the movie and shows that follow.

Dosent mather if it is RID, Armada, G2, Movie etc etc, there will always be a Prime he will always be the leader (except animated but still leader of the groupe on earth). Megatron is the villan, Starscream is a bad guy who always is some sort of jet.

This is how it works and this is how i will continue to work.

6. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    The movies are inspired by G1.

Love it or hate it, at the end of the day its Transformers.

I have this Transformers Cybertron - A new beginning on DVD and i like it lol even though Optimus looks retarted. See how completely different he is?

[​IMG]

7. DK Prime

DK Prime Crazy Dane

Yes, true.

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I may have a few complaints about the movies -- and no, it's not because the movies aren't "Geewunny" -- but I don't hate the movies since I love them despite their flaws.

9. DK Prime

DK Prime Crazy Dane

With the danger of getting a whole lot of people after me, I actually think it is the opposite. I have heard numerous people complain about Bays movies not being G1ish enough and about "how the movies ruined their childhood" blah blah blah. I am not saying all G1 fans are like that but I know a few in person.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Most movie fans are nice people. It's really just a few rotten appeals in the bunch that feel like they must lash out at anything that isn't movie related. Not exactly sure why the must bash everything else as if there can be only one, but hey crazy people you know.

Given all the films that go out of their way to be nice to the old fans I think it's fair question as to why couldn't the Transformers films have been a little more old fan friendly. Heck they worked the Spiderman cartoon song into the Spiderman movie so it's not like you can't make a load of cash while you are nice to the geek geezers.

11. DK Prime

DK Prime Crazy Dane

Ash

I think you find those rotten appels in all fandoms. There will always be people who thinks that THEIR fandom is the one and only and all others, who don't think the same, are just idiots.

12. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

I have my own complaints, but it's not enough for me to hate the guy. He's done something pretty damn special with these movies. I think the majority of people that hate him are critics.

13. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Look it is so simple and it will not take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. G1 started it all, not armada, not beastwars, not cybertron not animated. G1 was the source of it all nothing esle. That plain and simple. So whenever a movie gets made it always refer to the source material. Now if some people are complaining then by all means but DONT NAME THE MOVIE TRANSFORMERS. I mean even idiots can figure out that the source of sunlight is the SUN.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    But that's one of the Best Optimus Prime designs even with the mouth.

I think the Bay fans are more tolerate of G1 Fans than the G1 Fans are of Bay Fans.

15. Nope

Nope Conehead

News Credits:
    This.

16. DK Prime

DK Prime Crazy Dane

It is the same design for BW og BM Optimus Primal...the head design.

This.

17. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    G1 is no Bayverse and Bayverse is no G1

they have things alike and not alike.

18. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    It's mostly hardcore Geewunners who complain about everything that Bay does. Is Armada Starscream like G1 Starscream? No. They don't have to be the same. It's its own continuity. At the end of the day, they are all Transformers and everyone can agree that it's given the franchise huge amounts of money and it shows the epicness of Transformers, especially in DOTM.

19. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I would very uch like to see proof of this.

It's the Bay fans that come up with such divisive phrases like:

Geewunner
    dude stuck in the 80's
    fat, overweight guy living in their parent's basement.

There aren't hardly any derogative nicknames for movie fans.

However, it's the G1 fan that has to be reminded how terrible G1 was, all the animation errors, box-bots, silly stories, ad. nauseum.

Bay Fans? They are so quick to defend the movies. Anyone who finds any flaw are compainers, HATERS GONNA HATE, deliberately go out of their way to find something wrong, GEEWUNNNN...

Back in '06 they kept saying how you can't have a G1 movie because the average joe would hve to go back and read the old comics and watch teh old cartoons in order to get it.
    So, if there is something you don't get about the films, THE FIRST THING THEY TELL YOU TO DO IS GO BACK AND READ THE PREQUEL COMICS AND NOVELIZATION!!!!

They lash out at just about anyone who finds problems with the films and often go way, way out of their way to make excuses or justify certain things.

I realize that I am painting with a broad brush here, but it sucks that you have to start off every post with the phrase "now, I enjoyed the movies- and I even likes ROTF" before any posting any concern or criticism just to keep from being brow-beaten by a movie fan.

It's my experience that it is the G1 fan who has had to develope thicker skin than the movie fan.

And is it a wonder why? Just look at what I call the head of the snake- Nelson, Murphy and to a lesser extent Orci... I personally think that hostile people like these tend to attract hostile fanboys.

But other than that, the Movie forums and Bay fans are all great!

I hardly believe that most of Hollywood and most movie critics are hardcore "Geewunners" (there's that word again).

20. crankcaseFTW

crankcaseFTW Well-Known Member

i'm sorry, don't know if i'm just stupid but is GEEWUNER?