Do any stores sell 12x36 frames?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doctor Ingenious, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

I have a print that's 12" x 36" and I can't seem to find a frame to find it. Closest is 11 3/4" x 36" but that is, of course, too small. I don't want to mat it either.

So far I've checked Michaels, Target, & Walmart...no luck. I'd rather not spend a bundle so custom framing is not really the way I want to go. Any ideas/stores?

2. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

If you have a miter box, you can make a frame really cheap using some moulding.

Or you cout cut down a bigger frame that you like.

3. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Michael's has DIY framing. They have frame pieces in every reasonable length imaginable. You buy the length, you buy the width (2 pieces in each package, complete with corner brackets), get the glass at the counter and you're done. They regularly have sales of 50% off all framing supplies, making it not much more expensive than buying a prebuilt frame, which only come in a pretty narrow selection of standard sizes, 12"x36" not likely to be one of them.

4. KingForm

KingForm Banned

http://www.frameusa.com

They seem to have the size you're looking for, dunno if its the type you're looking for though.

5. REACTOR

REACTOR Well-Known Member

I've seen a 12 x 36 metal rimmed frame at Target in NJ on sale for $16.

Also in NJ there is a place called National Wholesale Liquidators. They have art prints in frames for $20 - $40
    Not much help I'm sure,, but you might also try Big-Lots if there is on near you.