Do any 3rd party sell loose accessories?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Twin Lambo fan, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Twin Lambo fan

Twin Lambo fan Also loves Snarl

Just like the heading asks.

Do any of the manufacturers sell loose parts or accessories? Is there even a market for it? Not just the add in/on parts that get packaged in future releases like FT dibots with extra heads and what not, but say individual weapons?

2. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC Schmuck

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    It depends what you mean by accessories, do full upgrade sets designed to augment and improve figures count? because at that point that's basically the bread and butter of X2, PE and Shadow Fisher.

But weapon wise theirs all the DrWu stuff, some is decent, some is not, almost always over priced though sadly. Mostly swords, they've done a million versions of the starsaber.

Terminus Hexatron had two weapon sets, an initial pair of his guns in chrome with a bonus chromed helmet followed later by a set of giant cleaver swords based on his original promo art.

Wouldn't say theirs so much a "market' for this kind of thing anymore, most figures come with decent weapons and accessories and additional stuff usually only happens now as a result of fan request. Like a lot of people thought it would be cool to get more weapons for stirker manus and rioter and then MT went and included a massive weapons set with striker noir, vastly adding display options to all three figures.

3. Twin Lambo fan

Twin Lambo fan Also loves Snarl

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I meant weapons mostly, individual or maybe sets.

I love Guttur's sword and would like to see how it looks in Sever's hand, and made me wonder if there were options out there besides buying a complete Guttur. That is what prompted my question.

If all pegs/slots are mostly the same on the MP style figs that is.

4. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

With all the KO'ing of full figures, I'd love to see someone KO different weapons that are only available with specific figures. Most, if not all of FP's weapons are great. Also a lot of the 3P TargetMasters look very interesting as well.

Although not a weapon, I'd absolutely like a KO of KFC's HiFi.

Now having said all that, I would totally prefer to buy the legit versions of these weapons, TargetMasters and Cassetticons from the original company who produced them, if they made them available separately.

• Like Like x 2
  5. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    Renderform and Shapeways might be avenues to look for when looking for loose weapons.

6. Ruizu1990

Ruizu1990 I'm a girl, not a boy.

News Credits:
    a big, damp, foggy island nor-noreast of Ushant
    Ebay:
    Yes, some of them do.

I have purchased loose parts from Fanstoys on multiple occasions. I got some toy coloured robot heads for Scoria and Soar, and a red eyed toy Scoria trike head. Maketoys is also another one that you can purchase parts from. Dalianjj here on the forums is the guy to talk to about spare FT parts, although he cannot always sell spare parts if he doesn't have them in stock.

I've not contacted GP before but from what I've seen of them on FB, they seem friendly enough.

Not all 3Ps are as good as FT though. I emailed XTB in the past, asking if I could purchase the Metroplex eye from their Scourge figure, but they stopped responding to me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TCJJ

TCJJ 105% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    For what it's worth, I tried to get replacement Guttur hips from Giga Power before my Guttur arrived (I actually haven't purchased it still, long story short) because I didn't want to have to buy metallic Grassor (though I might at some point anyway), but they never replied. Well, okay, that's not entirely true - I asked them if chrome Guttur needed replacement hips (I wasn't sure at the time but the answer is basically yes, because the upgraded hips weren't released until metallic Grassor came out) and they said I'd know better than them, so I explained what I meant to them, they read it and never replied.

I also tried to get separate eye pieces for Guttur and Grassor (blue ones for the chrome versions, which usually come with red eyes) but nothing with that either. I wasn't even trying to get them for free, so... that's a bummer.

I guess with Giga Power, you could always lie to them. They don't seem to ask for proof or anything. I felt kind of bad doing that so I was just completely honest with them... and one thing I've learnt recently is that honesty gets you nowhere (but that's a story for another time). Oh the irony.

So uh... TL;DR you can get parts from Giga Power but they don't have any spare Guttur flame parts. You can just say "my <thing> is broken, can I get a new one please?" and they'll probably send you one.