DNC Denver Police Actions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cefuroxx, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cefuroxx

cefuroxx Well-Known Member

2. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

There's nowhere near enough evidence to prove the cop was out of line. That, and how did the protester milk it on the ground but seem fine to hop in front of a camera?

3. cefuroxx

It takes a strong man to act in such a way toward women, whether in uniform or not.

4. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I'm sorry. Does the fact she's a woman entitle her to some sort of privledge that I was not aware of?

Fail.

5. Jux

It takes a strong man to enforce the law as it has been presented.

The majority of the YouTube DNC protest videos clearly show the Denver PD clearly and peacefully explaining the laws and the consequences of breaking them prior to taking any action.

Now, let's Jux the shit out of this.

First, the video is presented under the user name "RockyMountainNews" and includes the paper's logo, representing that it's an official work. However, the artist only has a blank staff page. My guess is that he's just a camera man, using the paper's name for more popularity. Not only that, but the tags he uses in his YouTube video are clearly slanted towards the protester - again, losing his credibility despite the RMN logos.

Second, the video was added to YouTube on the 26th - and even if added at night, the time of day in the video indicates this happened yesterday mid-day. If this were a big deal, it would've been in today's paper (it's not, at least not in the online edition I searched) and it hasn't been mentioned on local news.

Why wasn't it? Well ...

Third, the video cuts in to the middle of a protest. If this guy really works for the RMN, he should be trained well enough to have recognized an altercation between the protester and the cop, and would already have his camera on this action. Rather, we see the camera jolt to the action right as the protester states "do it again" - so we miss what the cop originally did, and any provocation she took prior to the cop taking action.

What does this add up to?

A video that's presented by a biased source missing critical information that, despite it's appearance, did not get the media coverage that such an action would probably get otherwise. We see a "victim" who, despite laying on the ground in pain one moment, is then happily and healthily standing in front of a camera. Why are there so many segments missing? Why is a professional cameraman for one of the largest newspapers in the West doing such a poor job of editing video and presenting an actual story?

So yeah. You go ahead and rip the cop based on 10 seconds of footage. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until I see what the rest of the video is.

6. Kickback

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    She probably needed a shower anyways.

7. cefuroxx

8. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Hey, as long as you stay within the "free speech" zone encircled by razor wire this sort of thing won't happen. Didn't she read the instructions?

9. Jux

So despite a videographer being there the entire time, we do not see the cop doing anything wrong prior to her saying "do it again", we do not see any action she took prior to entering the frame, and we do not see the cop continuing to assault her as she claims?

Sorry. I need actual evidence and not shoddy unproven claims before I'll do the cliche thing and rip the cops.

10. Kickback

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Protestors have a proven track record of being attention whores. Anything and everything they can do to bring attention to themselves or whatever cause they're believing in/protesting for. This, in my opinion, is no different. Not going to be like "OMG, a protestor didn't listen to a cop/provoked a cop and was unjustifiable abused!" due to lack of evidence, and my overall lack of not giving a damn.

11. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    I some how knew this would be on here tonight. Very interesting way they have of editing the video though huh?!

12. Prowl_Delta_31

News Credits:
    Then he would not have been there enforcing the law.
    Whether it's a man or a woman you have to stand firm in doing your job which is upholding the law.
    Yes it does.
    Don't forget about the laser sensors, claymores, trip wire, and attack dogs.

13. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Its shit like this which reflects poorly on law enforcement and leads to public distrust and resentment. Regardless of the video editing, the officers actions were completely uncalled for (unless she was making a move which called for the use of deadly force, such as reaching for a weapon).

If you want to see the action of a good police officer during a protest:
    YouTube - LAPD at March 15 Hollywood Anonymous Scientology Protest

Now which officer do you think had better control and respect out of the crowd of protesters?

14. Prowl_Delta_31

News Credits:
    I know how this is going to sound and I just want to say up front that I am taking no sides and I just want to see where this conversation will go..............

If you was the police how would you have reacted in the situation.

15. cefuroxx

I would eliminate myself because hierarchical and oppressive forms of domination do not in any way engender human freedom.

EDIT: On the other hand I may have also tried to uphold the oath I would have taken to this country's founding document to pursue all enemies foreign and domestic, starting with the terrorist war criminals inside the convention center.

16. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Would have still pushed her away. But I would not have made such a fast and aggressive hit towards some woman's neck. You can use forceful actions, especially against smaller women, without having to resort to excessive tactics like that.

17. Prowl_Delta_31

News Credits:
    Please in more simple terms explain what you are getting at cause I'm not understanding.

I think it was more in the chest than the neck.

18. cefuroxx

William Jefferson Clinton supported the murderous Suharto government in Indonesia and its brutal occupation of East Timor which led to thousands of deaths. He also authorized a CIA coup of the democratically elected government of Haiti. This is a short list of his violations of international law that amount to state terrorism, I could go on if need be but the point is that he and his cohorts of mass murderers get the red carpet treatment and the total police protection while people in the streets (they may be weird or smelly or whatever) who wish to have a voice in their own affairs get shoved to the ground like dogs. Did you not take an oath as an officer to support and uphold this constitution and all the treaties which the United States was party to? There are tons inside that center in violation of both the Constitution and a host of international treaties but the police don't seem to mind, so if I were that cop I would have pursued the genocidal war criminal Clinton, among others.

19. Prowl_Delta_31

News Credits:
    Yeah after that I'm just gonna walk away...........slowly and glancing behind me ever so often.:confused2 

20. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Here's the thing. In the end it really doesn't matter whether or not the officer's reaction was justified or not. Because, whether we like it or not...perception is reality. The officer in question will be tried in the court of public opinion.

And honestly I have no empathy for this cop if he loses his job, because he's obviously not qualified to do it. Not because he knocked down an unarmed woman with a sharp blow, but because he didn't have the situational awareness to realize he had several cameras pointed in his direction and needed to handle this "sensitive" situation accordingly. Someone who isn't aware of their surroundings, and how they impact the manor in which situations should be dealt with has no business possessing a gun and a badge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.