DNA Design DK-02 Fortress Maximus Kits

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

You do you, dude, but AFAIC all of the parts should go somewhere and do something in every mode, and there isn't really anything for them to "do" beyond be "cool huge cannons!" If there was a specific place in city mode they could clip on and be "towers" even, I'd be more satisfied.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    of course it doesn't. it was never originally designed to do so either.

3. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    well since the clips are on the bridge why not just have them stay there in base mode?

4. FredVIII

FredVIII HUMAN GERM!

News Credits:
    Yeah, such as seen here in Robot78's post. Looks good to me!

• Like Like x 1
  5. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you for pointing this out. One arm had only four screws, while the other one had five. I was having a hell of a time trying to separate the parts.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hann

Hann New Member

20170329_234228.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Just my opinion about the kit:
    The hands are big but looks fine and the articulations are great, the rest of the kit is not so good; the cannons are flat red and look a little cheap (i apply a glossy top coat over mines), and cerebros legs are unnecessary.

Now to wait for the ankle tilts, i hope they release it also for metroplex
    Sorry for my english

• Like Like x 8
  7. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

The waist guns have articulations? I know they partsform for battleship and city mode, but in robot mode can they be folded back?

8. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The waist guns can extend out and you can move them up to around 90 degree angle (so that they are facing sideways instead of straight ahead) but no, they can't fold back all the way.

9. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

So they haven't a rest position pointing backward. That's too bad. Really, really conflicted about this kit.

10. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In other news WATER IS INDEED WET !

LOL anyways, When I say fit on I really mean sit on. The new Takara/hasbro head is slightly too wide but would look good on the g1 body. THese legs make the head skinner and I am wondering if I can sit the new head on the old fort max body . For me, the old body is way better, but the new head is leaps and bounds better than the g1 version.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had no real intention of using the legs but I figured I would try anyway. I could always change them back.

IMG_2148.JPG

To me, those panels not closing flush are not acceptable. I've tried turning the arms different directions thinking maybe one position will be better.. nope. Back in the box with these..

Hands and hip guns are great though.

12. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    CIMG5248.JPG

I found a use that is MUCH better than the use suggested by the clips on the entrance ramp. The ab cannons have pegs which fit into the peg holes on the side of the tower. Fold the attached flaps the right way and you add some much needed color to the tower as well. Only downside with the configuration I'm showing is that the cannons are in fixed positions, but you can turn them all the way around if you move those cannon flaps out of the way. To be honest the set does a pretty good job of improving the base mode. The hands look a little less like curled up hands which are helped by now having deployed red guns drawing all the attention.

I tried out the new Cerebros legs and have the same exact issues everyone else has. Nothing about the back of the head is satisfyingly flush, and I'm not a fan of that sliding pin thing the feet do either. The legs also feel a bit more finicky for inserting into the tower. I ended up putting the default legs back on. They may be solid chunks of plastic, but that's also an asset for tower insertion.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Nice configuration there AOTS.

So I hope this set is worth it. I just pulled the trigger on an eBay seller who has them on sale for 23% off or $40 shipped. I was also able to use my eBay bucks, which I thought I was going to waste, so I'm quite pleased to be able to get this for $35.

I'm really looking forward to the cannons and awesome hands. The legs may just stay in the box.

14. maxxzander

maxxzander Banned

Is this normal? Or I did something wrong during transformation/feet installation / defective ... it just won't click together .. IMG_2513.JPG

15. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Normal as far as I can tell. I haven't seen anyone post a pic of it compacting cleanly, so yeah.

16. maxxzander

maxxzander Banned

Is there a mod or fix ? Perhaps trim down the offensive part ?

17. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    It was pointed out one page back. I don't think anyone has posted about fixing or modding the part... tbh, it's only something you'd notice if you were looking at him from the top of the head anyway *shrug*

18. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It bugged me enough that I put the old legs back on.

19. Aurawind

Aurawind Lazy Headmaster

I was actually looking at modding it to work, I just didn't have the time to try. What I found out is that there's 3 things preventing it to work properly:

1. The knee hinge doesn't allow the leg to be opened straight. To fix that you have to shave down the knee around the hinge until you can open it straight.

2. After getting the leg opened straight, two inner lines meet up in a "V" and touch the edge of Cerebros' waist. The inner lines might need to be trimmed a little where they meet (not sure if it will need to be done).

3. Once the legs are opened straight, the arms should be able to fit properly, but there's a post in the way which is used to peg the legs together in robot mode. To fix that you would need to drill a hole in the arm to fit the peg into, which by doing that would help to secure the arms while in head mode.

20170425_193733.jpg 20170425_193540.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  20. maxxzander

maxxzander Banned

the plastic is not that hard ..i think can just skip 1, 2 straight to no. 3 ...make a hole and it shall peg in securely... but im pissed at dna!!! fuck! this should not have happen in the first place....i think im better off 3D print a new set of leg with slimmer profile for head mode.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1