DJW Cheetor Art Posted

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Secretcode, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    A Delightful Tedium: Cheetor

As mentioned on this week's WTF@TFW, where a long discussion on the design of the upcoming toy was also disclosed. Head over to the podcast forum to check it out.

Attached Files:

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looking forward to the toy.

3. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Protector

News Credits:
    I wonder if TFCC will follow this color instead of the one previewed earlier especially in vehicle mode, better colors on this one.

4. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor MoƩ than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    It really looks a hell of a lot better with the geometric spots. If they don't stick to this deco it would be a crime.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like this deco too - more Beast-Machinesy - though I can survive if it looks more like the earlier mockup.

I just hope the actual toy comes out OK. TFCC has kind of a mixed record on custom head sculpt looks and quality, and this is their first time tackling something in Animated style.

6. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Comparing this picture with the one on the TFCC site, they did make alot of, in my eyes, unneccesary changes. The only change I sort of understand is changing the place of the Autobot symbol, since Blurr has a molded in Elite Guard symbol I believe, but other than that..strange.

For example: I don't see why some of the parts in the new drawing are suddenly blue - they're probably going to produce some new yellow plastic, not paint over existing blue Blurrs (and I even think Blurr has black in those spots). Or why the spots had to be removed from the front of the car, while the tips were made black - which turns them into bananas.

Maybe the spots have been reduced to more organic circles because of their size..

Either way, I'm really anticipating this figure. I already really liked it before I had seen this sheet, and although I think this one is better than the TFCC version - he's still great.

7. Blasterpwns

Blasterpwns Regretting my username...

Though I'm echoing everyone else, I defintely like Derrick's color scheme better, especially in the wheels. I like the matching green instead of the out of place red on the insides. It just helps his deco look a bit more uniform, that's all.

8. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I'm really excited about this figure. The Blurr mold is one of my favorite animated molds.

9. Cycrolus

Cycrolus Herald of Primus

Ebay:
    Wow I was gonna do this repaint a few months back and lost interest.

10. Tytus

Tytus Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I thought when I first saw this- It looks like a spoiling banana.

11. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really dig the concept art work. I love the two tone vehicle mode and the geometric shapes not only look better, but they make more sense. Can't wait to see an actual picture of the figure instead of a photoshop.

12. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like that the spot patterns are geometric and seem to be less "scattered" than the tfclub mockup they showed before.

13. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Wow. Mr. Wyatts geometric spots look amazing on cheetor. If hasbro does a cheetor vehicle Those would be awesome. Not liking the clubs vehicle deco as a result. It kind of looks like a snake skin than mammal spots.

Beast wars character vehicles in war for cybertron? Or is that to out there?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  14. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal N/A

News Credits:
    The actual toy looks like shit compared to DJW's concept art. I like the hexagons and orange better than the bananarama that the "actual" toy is going to look like.

15. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:

The hexagons look far better but for the other changes I can see why they were made. All the orange would have to be painted over yellow plastics (unless the yellow came on the right arrangement of sprues that one of them could have been done in the orange instead). And it looks like the waist would have to be cast in black so that would need to be painted orange too.

Thankfully the robot mode spots don't look to bad in FPs version and it won't spend much if any time in car mode which does look comparatively awful.

16. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

Take a look at the Photoshopped vehicle mode picture, the areas that are light blue in the 'bot mode illustration represent silver.

It would be great if the final deco actually followed Derrick's concept.

17. Icespark

Icespark A Spark in the Darkness

News Credits:
    I love seeing design sheets and concept artwork! It's fascinating to see the development process that takes a design from initial work to finalized figure! Thank you to Mr. Wyatt for posting these! :D 

This has only added to my anticipation; I'm looking forward to placing Cheetor on the shelf! :D 

18. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I gotta say I wish the toy also had the orange on the alt mode

19. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    All we have seen so far is a character model that TFCC has posted and a really bad photoshop job (Blame the yellow) of the vehicle mode. I'd wait for actual toy photos until judgment.

20. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Geometric spots = automatic buy for me. If not, I'll have to think long and hard.