DJ Hero Offical-ish Thread - can you get a rewind? Why yes, sir, you can

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Galaxy Convoy, May 29, 2009.

1. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

Considering that U.S has more of an audience for DJing (particularly with the artists and DJ's that are being promoted in this game), that's not surprising. I should have been more thorough in my prediction. It will eventually sell well over time as word of mouth spreads and DLC starts making appearances. I expect more marketing to eventually come from popular radio stations (Power 106 in LA already made multiple references and held contests) and concerts.

It just needs time to appeal to the mainstream audience. There are just way more people in the world who we've all seen perform an "air guitar" vs "air scratching", lol.

2. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Daft Punk's inclusion has sold me on this game, but I probably won't be getting it until Christmastime.

3. Megablah

Megablah Likes Universe Galvatron but dislikes TR Galvatron Veteran

News Credits:
    I want this game. However, I'm not going to get suckered into paying $120 for it when I know that multiple plastic turntables and used copies of the game will be showing up at Gamestop in a few months. Not to say it's not a good game and definitly not bad mouthing the game because I really do want it, that's just something I've noticed about Guitar Hero and Rock Band and I suspect it will happen with this game too.

4. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    I can't explain it, but I need to play this game.

5. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

I'll pass, since playing a turn table doesn't really appeal to me. However, although I really dislike Activision as of late due to some of their decision-making, I'm glad they are using this game to branch out to players who wanted to play in a GH/RB game but with a more hip-hop sensibility.

6. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I definitely want this game. I was contemplating getting the Renegade Edition just so I could have the case/stand to carry that thing around in. And the Daft Punk mixes really make me want to just hop on that shit right now...but my backlog is currently suffocating me so I am trying to resist.

Oh damn, there is an album coming out? When? Any clues as to what all is to be included on it?

7. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Just played DJ Hero for an hour.

Interesting game. The weirdest part being that your strum hand is now the button hand and your button hand is the strum (crossfade) hand. That's weird. The mixes aren't really the kind of mashups you're used to (well, in my experience anyway).

The controller is pretty damn good apart from the crossfade center which is a little picky. The way it handles setlists is excellent (you can opt not to play shit if you want).

Overall I think this deserves good sales, it's definitely innovative, interesting and fun but I can't see it having the same kind of legs as GH/RB because the gameplay isn't as 1:1 (ish) as the rock games and the amount of effort its going to take to make new mixes to sell as well as the additional cost will likely put people off buying more.

I think it would definitely help if established creators put out full discs. Daft Punk, Soulwax etc. have proven they know what the fuck to do with a mashup and do it well.

8. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Played it. Thought it was stupid. I'll stick to my Guitar Hero/Rockband.

9. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V The token Asian one

I've just been listening to some mixes on youtube, and they kick ass. If that DJ Hero Album is true, I'll be picking it up.

10. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    This game friggen rocks.

I just got it today and it's really addictive. With Guitar hero I could just never really care because I've played actual guitar, so the correlation is just not there for me. But this is all digital, it's something that I just wouldn't have access to otherwise.

I don't know, but I could actually 'feel' the beat as I was playing this. I found it was much easier to get in the groove of playing and being a part of the music than with either Guitar Hero or Rock Band.

It's harder than either of those, so be aware of that, but it's definitely worth a listen or spin if you're into this kind of music.

Also, I'd love to get some battles on with someone once I get the hang of it, message me if you're interested. PSN: Daidoji_Kage

11. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Eh, I've heard the same said about this from people who've actually DJed on another board.

Though, it can be applied to all music games with instrument peripherals.

12. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    So, I've had an eye on this for a while, but wasn't willing to drop the $130 or whatever crazy amount they were charging. Anyway, Toys R Us is blowing it out this week on sale for $50 bucks, and there's conveniently also a $10 off coupon floating around out there right now, bringing it down to $40. I've also noticed it has started showing up used (with the turntable included) for $30-ish. So we've hit the threshold where I was willing to take a risk and try it out, and it's AWESOME. Still not $130 awesome, but for what it's selling for now it's definitely worth picking up and putting some time into it. Demoing it in a store doesn't really do it justice.

13. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Yup, way more fun than it should be.