Customs: DIY Energon Cubes... advice?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by billcosby, Feb 23, 2009.

1. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    Hi, I am aware there are self-illuminating energon cubes on unicron.com, and perhaps another fan made kit available, but I'm going to take a crack at making my own.

Does anyone have any advice? :2c: 

As a starting point, I'll need transparent or translucent cubes no larger than 2 inches / 3 cm square. Ideally, they'd be able to pop open easily to switch the light on and off.

To that point, I'll need tiny light bulbs with a power source. Watch batteries?

Finally, some paint on the inside of the cubes, although maybe some pink or purple plastic light filters would work... actually, maybe I won't even need the plastic and I could just use stiff light filters folded into cubes...

Anyway, I wondered if anyone else has tried this and if they had any luck. Also, any advice would be great. If the project is successful, I'll post the results.

Has anyone ordered any energon cubes online? How do they look? Were they worth it? How do they "work?"

Cheers.:cool: 

2. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

hmmm i over complicate things so i would use acrylic plexi glass hot glue and LED lights. :rolleyes:  :D  your idea with the light filters is good only thing is the seams would need to be tightly closed so they would look solid. maybe hot glue for this if the filters can stand the heat. also frost the light filters with either 2000 grit sandpaper or a semigloss clear coat