Customs: DIY Decals?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by TonyzCustomz, Sep 24, 2007.

1. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Saw quite a few brands at my local hobby shop. Whats everyones experience with these guys? I have a pretty decent printer but whats a good brand to use? Any tips on using them are appreciated also. Thanks

2. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

The most important thing is to get the right kind for your printer. They make different paper for laser printers and ink jet printers. If you're using an ink jet printer. you'll also need a sealant. Most any spray clear coat should work. If you don't seal them, the ink will wash off, when you dip them in water.

As to brands, I've used the Testors, and it's okay. My hobby shops sells a brand called VitaCal, and it seems to hold a much crisper image than the Testors paper.

When you start putting together your image file to print your decals, I'd recomend cramming in as many duplicates of each decal as you can, without making it impossible to cut them apart. This will give you duplicates, in case something happens to one of them, while you're trying to apply them.

3. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool thanks Grey, I think Vitacal was one of the brands that they had I think I will pick up a couple of sheets and I already have kylon clear coat so I think I will be all set. Thanks again.